Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
test
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70706
biomed162522
Yssup Rider60354
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48432
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41491
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35859
Mojojo33117

Old 04-04-2014, 10:53 AM   #1
deuceswilld83
Premium Access

Encounters: 95
Default Morals/Ethics-And the Dangerous World

Yesterday i ran out of gas on the freeway i was only two miles from a gas station i had shorts and running shows on so i figured a quick jog get a gas can and gas and no big deal but.....

a car pulls up a guy ask if i need help i tell him my situation and he offers me a ride. We get to the station he then offers to buy the gas can... i had money so i declined. Overall nice guy and he helped me out now heres the question

I wouldnt have stopped for me its too dangerous (not me dangerous stopping for people) and you never know about people....which now makes me feel guilty

Does anyone here stop for people on the rode..should i now stop for people or is it too dangerous.
deuceswilld83 is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:57 AM   #2
str8.2.bbbj
Premium Access

Encounters: 23

Always go with your gut. The guy probably saw your car and figured you looked too clean to be a drifter. But intuition is everything.
str8.2.bbbj is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
Tara Evans
Account Disabled

User ID: 679
My ECCIE Reviews

One time there was a guy on 635 that I saw was trying to get to his car on the other side of 635 to fill it up with the gas that he had gone to get. The poor guy couldn't get back across 635 with all the cars to fill his gas tank up. So I exited the freeway and drove back around to pick him up to take him to his car to fill up.
Tara Evans is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:34 AM   #4
DarthDVader
Dark Knight

Encounters: 7

You never know ... I once had a flat on I-30 and I was changing the tire when two junkie looking guys (i know I profiled) stopped ahead and walked towards me to say if I needed help ... The way they approached me made me bring the fast action blade that was in my laptop bag on the ground, ready in my pocket ... no more time for else ...
They teach you that at CHL training: To be aware of situations ...

I firmly but gently said no thanks and they left visibly pissed ... I thought it was a close one ...
DarthDVader is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:36 AM   #5
Guest060214
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Evans View Post
One time there was a guy on 635 that I saw was trying to get to his car on the other side of 635 to fill it up with the gas that he had gone to get. The poor guy couldn't get back across 635 with all the cars to fill his gas tank up. So I exited the freeway and drove back around to pick him up to take him to his car to fill up.
That's my fantasy. To be stranded somewhere and have a beautiful lady rescue me.
Guest060214 is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:24 PM   #6
OldGrump
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

If they look innocent (yeah, I know. But I've always been pretty good at judging people), I stop and offer assistance. If nothing more than to park further back with my flashers on to (hopefully) slow oncoming traffic.

When I was young, hitchhiking was the way to go. I traveled all over Texas that way and, when I had a car, I returned the favor. That is a big no-no now.
OldGrump is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:44 PM   #7
Tetas
Perineum Access

Encounters: 8

Back in the day, I was "rescued" on the side of the road more times than I can count and did the same for others, but that's how it was back then. Small town, farming community, not much chance of anything happening to anyone that did stop and chances were good they knew me or my family anyway.
Now, not so much. People have all these reports of car-jackings, robberies, murders, etc strobeing across the news every day and are leery of strangers. I am too, I don't stop unless I KNOW their chances of getting help from someone else are low and even then I keep a close eye.

Then again, the NEED for assistance isn't there as much as it use to be either, what with every 6 year old having a cell phone.
Tetas is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:04 PM   #8
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 122

I used to stop and help but I don't think I would any more. Times have certainly changed but it was dangerous back in the day, too. Me and a college buddy were hitchin to Florida and a semi pulled over to offer us a ride...and to blow us for $25 each. Creepy.
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #9
John Q.
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuceswilld83 View Post
Does anyone here stop for people on the rode..should i now stop for people or is it too dangerous.
Yes, I will, but I'm very picky about who I'll help.

Not too long ago I helped a Mexican family (kids, grandma, etc) whose old rusty Datsun had broken down on an exit ramp and they and couldn't even get out of the flow of traffic. They had already called Papa on their cell phone and were leary of me, but they were sitting right in traffic. It was only a matter of time before they got rear-ended. I convinced them to let me push their car to the side of the road and out of traffic. I'm pretty sure I saved at least one life that day.

I'm probably lucky I didn't get shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riday View Post
Then again, the NEED for assistance isn't there as much as it use to be either, what with every 6 year old having a cell phone.
This is important too. Too many hustlers out there using an empty gas can as a stage prop. If you don't have enough gas, don't start the trip.

As the saying goes, "A lack of planning on your part doesn't equate to an emergency on my part."

The main exception I'll make is if there are kids involved. Some people are just bad parents. Some might even use their kids as props to try and score a few extra bucks, but I'd rather be nice and get taken every now and then, than be a cold hearted prick who never loses.

As for people who look harmless, Ted Bundy looked harmless...

John Q. is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #10
Guest021417
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

There is a number on the back of everyone's Texas D.L. 800-525-5555.

http://www.dps.texas.gov/director_st...isthotline.htm

The help may not be free but at least someone will know where you are. Another thing, I think most guys will know where they are according to the mile marker and/or the last or next exit. When I was teaching my daughter to drive I would ask her what mile marker did you last see, what number is the next exit, etc. If she had to make an emergency call she would not have a clue as to where she was. Make sure the special ladies in your life have a self-awareness of their location.
Guest021417 is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:47 PM   #11
Guest060214
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot4u2.0 View Post
There is a number on the back of everyone's Texas D.L. 800-525-5555.

http://www.dps.texas.gov/director_st...isthotline.htm

The help may not be free but at least someone will know where you are. Another thing, I think most guys will know where they are according to the mile marker and/or the last or next exit. When I was teaching my daughter to drive I would ask her what mile marker did you last see, what number is the next exit, etc. If she had to make an emergency call she would not have a clue as to where she was. Make sure the special ladies in your life have a self-awareness of their location.
Good point. And cell phone providers have a designated emergency assistance number, for AT&T phones just dial #HELP

In an emergency the cell phone enabled GPS will help locate you even if you can't speak.
Guest060214 is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:32 PM   #12
devour
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8.2.bbbj View Post
Always go with your gut. The guy probably saw your car and figured you looked too clean to be a drifter. But intuition is everything.
Always the gut and doesn't hurt if you have CHL and a 1911 in a quick release close by.
devour is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #13
xavierz21
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Well I stop and help stranded people on the road all the time. I think that nowadays with cellphones its easier to contact help but there are some people that dont have anybody so I try and help if I can. I drive a F250 with a car hauler with enough tools to tear down and rebuild a motor with me all the time. Sometimes people seem a little leery of me being hispanic but being stranded on the highway usually changes their minds. I never ask them for anything just help and leave.
xavierz21 is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 04:34 PM   #14
texasmarine
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Only if their old because I know I can out run them if I have to.

TM
texasmarine is offline   Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:20 PM   #15
Shep3.0
Premium Access

Encounters: 224

The best $120 I spend every year.

http://ww1.texas.aaa.com/en-tx/becom...omparison.aspx
Shep3.0 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women