Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
test
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162976
Yssup Rider60623
gman4453269
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48571
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42223
CryptKicker37196
The_Waco_Kid36584
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-06-2011, 01:53 AM   #1
Wetwork Daddy
BANNED

Encounters: 1
Default UPON ENJOYING THOR

A reflection for public discussion:

I have gone from thinking first Twain, then Steinbeck and then King was the Shakespeare of our time. I was wrong. It just might be:

STAN LEE

Please Discuss. I will follow-up in a few hours (I am getting too old for midnight premiers), but I will leave you with this thought.

Shakespeare was great for one reason: his ability to make to make old tales new and relevant to the point of being timeless. He understood the power of dense words and iconic images and the exact blend needed to tell stories in a powerful way that resonates for generations. For the mere craft and mastery, compare Stan and Will.

See you in a few hours if you think this is worthy of discussion in the D&T Salon.
Wetwork Daddy is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:35 AM   #2
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Mark Twain has always been one of my favorite authors, but IMO he is firmly placed in the 19th century. I consider The Grapes a Wrath a very important book, but I would pick contemporary William Faulkner over Steinbeck for his ability to plumb the depths of the human condition and put it on paper. Other authors to consider are Studs Terkel and, maybe, Ernest Hemingway. The Spider-Man series began just as I was outgrowing comic books, so I only read a couple of them. I have read nothing by Stephen King; hence, I am unfamiliar with Lee’s and King’s written works and know them primarily through movies.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #3
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

I always marveled (lol) at the success of the Spider Man franchise.

Peter Parker was a sniveling wimp of a human being. An embarrassment to all males.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #4
Wetwork Daddy
BANNED

Encounters: 1

IBH: I forgot about Faulkner--still like Steinbeck a bit more. If you want to read something decent from King, avoid his pulp fiction. You might want to try The Stand.&nbsp%3B If you like Faulkner and Steinbeck, you will like that.

MA: I agree, never much cared for Spiderman.

If you saw Branagh's Henry V and enjoyed it, you will like Thor.
Wetwork Daddy is offline   Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:10 AM   #5
rrabbit6926
Ambassador

Encounters: 36

Great movie. Don't forget to stay after the credits for a teaser of the next film leading toward Captain America.
rrabbit6926 is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #6
oden
Valued Poster

Or miss the teaser in the middle of "Thor" when the man from shield chose a bow and arrow instead of a gun(Hawk?}, or near the end of "Iron Man 2" when what looks like Captain America's shield is used to level the new power source.
oden is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #7
rrabbit6926
Ambassador

Encounters: 36

I kinda thought that guy with the bow and arrow had to be someone special. I'm not too familar with Hawk. I'm curious how much Samuel Jackson gets paid for making so many brief camo in all those movies.
rrabbit6926 is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:18 PM   #8
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

User ID: 35460
My ECCIE Reviews

MY comic friend said the bow and arrow guy is most likely a character that will be playing in another movie. I'm not sure if it's the avengers- but there is a reason he specifically took the bow instead of the guns.

I don't usually watch comic movies so I always leave before the credits end!! I missed it on Iron man too luckily I can find the teaser on Youtube.
AdventureAdams is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women