Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162434
Yssup Rider60261
gman4453222
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48405
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41315
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35745
Mojojo33117

Old 11-02-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2
Default Election Perspectives

How about if we have a non-hater discussion thread on our various perspectives on the election results? Passion allowed, but no personal attacks on others for opinions.

I'll start...

1. Looks like Nancy Pelosi is out... there is a god! But wait... 'The Boner' is in... there is also a devil! The score is 1-1.

2. Looks like a mandate for less spending on education, less spending on health care, continued protection for Wall Street, and protected tax incentives for the most wealthy. Great. Works for me personally, but our global economic and standard-of-living slide downwards looks like it will continue on the path GWB started.

3. Now is the time for the Republican resurgence to show us that they aren't leftover warmongers from the GWB regime. Want less government spending? Push hard for us to get our asses out of Afghanistan and Iraq.

4. The democrats really needed a strong message, especially in the house, and they got it. My worry is now focused on the (lack of) competence of their replacements. I'll try to keep an open mind because change was needed, but I'm pretty worried.

Full disclosure: I am conservative but I am neither Democrat nor Republican. I think both parties are corrupt and incompetent. I'm looking for any and all evidence that either party may begin to emerge and once again represent the people who elect them and not the lobbyists who corrupt them.
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:26 AM   #2
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lust4xxxLife View Post
I think both parties are corrupt and incompetent. I'm looking for any and all evidence that either party may begin to emerge and once again represent the people who elect them and not the lobbyists who corrupt them.
Until money raised inside the district (for the House) and the state (for the Senate) is all any candidate can spend - you're pissing up a rope in a hurricane. Eliminate the PACs and drive politics back to the local level by demanding all $$ for campaign financining be local. That would also force incumbents to spend more time at home because there's where the cash is and that's the only place to get it. Otherwise, screw it, it's bidness as usual.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:20 AM   #3
Truckertom
BANNED

Encounters: 8

It's past time to force the federal government back to it's constitutional limits, this union of states was never ment to be a dictatorship of Washington elites. Thanks to Obama and gang I now have no health insurance, my income tax has gone up, fuel prices have shot up due to the devaluation of the dollar. It has been hard to break past minimum wage over the last 2 years.
If someone knows how to raise the dead, bring Reagon back please.
Truckertom is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #4
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

We have to cut all spending - military, entitlements, discretionary.

Shrink the size of the federal government.

Pay down our debt

Operate the federal government with a balance budget - no accounting gimmicks.

Secure our borders and stop illegal immigration.

PS: I don't think the above will happen.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
b2flyer51
Account Disabled

Default I'll pass on the RR era

Good era if you like verbiage, bad if you like economic performance -- I'll pass. The nostalgia doesn't match the record . . .

The reality is that the next two years are a total stalemate and the traditional Republicans that survived have targets on their backs and know it.

Regarding Boner -- he's got the toughest two years of his life ahead.

The most disappointed group in two years will be the Baggers -- and their disappointment and anger will be magnified. This won't make them any more effective, just louder.

The extremes on both sides didn't make the cut -- from Feingold to another pretty face and loud mouth from Delaware. They make for good sound bites but don't play well in the real world.

For the record, my politics lean more toward anarchy and I've paid my dues on a number of fronts -- don't toss the useless labels my way.

Flyer
b2flyer51 is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:44 AM   #6
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Coming from a conservative, I actually think the next 2-6 years could be very good IF certain things happen. Recent history suggests it could happen:

94-99 Economy was pretty darn good. Everyone came to the middle and things got done (never without hiccups or controversy). Clinton wanted to get re-elected. Hopefully Obama wants the same AND is willing to get away from his puppeteers controling from the left. Compromise all around is not a bad thing. Budget was balanced. Did some bad things come out of that era? Of course.

Oh hell what am I thinking, politicians learning to do what worked in the past and eliminate what didn't, like that will happen.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:24 PM   #7
guest062511-1
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I VOTE FOR ME!!!
guest062511-1 is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:54 AM   #8
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckertom View Post
It's past time to force the federal government back to it's constitutional limits, this union of states was never ment to be a dictatorship of Washington elites. Thanks to Obama and gang I now have no health insurance, my income tax has gone up, fuel prices have shot up due to the devaluation of the dollar. It has been hard to break past minimum wage over the last 2 years.
If someone knows how to raise the dead, bring Reagon back please.
No one's income tax has gone up under Obama unless you're making more money than you did in previous years. 90+% of tax payers pay less. Hopefully, he and the lame duck Congress will repeal the Bush tax cuts for those making over $250,000 like I do, but so far, no income tax increases of any kind have been passed since he has been President.

As for the election, the next two years are going to be a complete clusterfuck. The Republicans, driven by the TeaNuts, are going to be completely unwilling to compromise. Obama, who is apparently incapable of attacking them for their obstruction, will keep offering them olive branch after olive branch only to have them slapped away, and will appear weaker and weaker each time he comes crawling back to them.

It sets up a very interesting election in 2012. Obama may get a challenge inside the party from the left, but he'll beat it back. The R's will nominate some loon, that Obama will probably narrowly beat. And we'll be back to the same old stalemate. Meanwhile, our economy will continue to slowly, but inexorably fall further behind China, India, Brazil and other countries that are actually still spending stimulus monies. We're in for an ugly decade or so, I fear. That's why I'm mostly invested in stocks in developing countries and China. That's where all the growth will be.
TexTushHog is online now   Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:04 AM   #9
Rangerman55
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lust4xxxLife View Post
I think both parties are corrupt and incompetent. I'm looking for any and all evidence that either party may begin to emerge and once again represent the people who elect them and not the lobbyists who corrupt them.
Most of the politicians are lawyers...and lawyers love chaos...chaos is good for billing...so nothing gets settled...and nothing gets accomplished!
Rangerman55 is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:09 PM   #10
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
No one's income tax has gone up under Obama unless you're making more money than you did in previous years. 90+% of tax payers pay less. Hopefully, he and the lame duck Congress will repeal the Bush tax cuts for those making over $250,000 like I do, but so far, no income tax increases of any kind have been passed since he has been President.

As for the election, the next two years are going to be a complete clusterfuck. The Republicans, driven by the TeaNuts, are going to be completely unwilling to compromise. Obama, who is apparently incapable of attacking them for their obstruction, will keep offering them olive branch after olive branch only to have them slapped away, and will appear weaker and weaker each time he comes crawling back to them.

It sets up a very interesting election in 2012. Obama may get a challenge inside the party from the left, but he'll beat it back. The R's will nominate some loon, that Obama will probably narrowly beat. And we'll be back to the same old stalemate. Meanwhile, our economy will continue to slowly, but inexorably fall further behind China, India, Brazil and other countries that are actually still spending stimulus monies. We're in for an ugly decade or so, I fear. That's why I'm mostly invested in stocks in developing countries and China. That's where all the growth will be.
TeaNuts, are going to be completely unwilling to compromise.

bs it is BO who refused to talk to the GOP and compromise over medical insurance, it was take it or leave it

will keep offering them olive branch after olive branch only to have them slapped away

ditto above

The R's will nominate some loon, that Obama will probably narrowly beat

the name Donald Trump sounds nice

why is it nobody who was at Harvard when the muslim attended remember him?

here are the election results
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 10:59 PM   #11
Boltfan

You can't argue or even intelligently debate with TTH. Anyone who does not agree with him is a loon or a moron, according to him.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:19 AM   #12
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
You can't argue or even intelligently debate with TTH. Anyone who does not agree with him is a loon or a moron, according to him.
My turn to call you on that one. TTH posted an opinion and made no comment about anyone else here or their opinions. Or did I miss it?

Similar to what 'someone' recently posted here to me, why do you have to throw out the inflammatory statements just because you disagree with someone's opinion?

I agree with what both you and TTH have written, for the most part. More tomorrow. Maybe.
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:27 AM   #13
Boltfan

He posted an opinion that included calling whomever is nominated on the republican side a loon. TTH has a long history of name calling to anyone who does not agree with his opinion. Why do they have to be a loon? ANYONE right of TTH is a loon according to him based upon his own posts.

His comment could have stood alone without desparaging anyone else. Again, he has a very long history of this "debate" style.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:54 AM   #14
Guest032213-02
Account Disabled

Encounters: 27

The loon in question has not been referred to, nor has posted in this board. It was referring to a Republican whom hasn't even been named or nominated yet. Though probably will be Sarah Palin.

The reason the loon term was labeled, was because in order to make Obama seem like a lunatic liberal, they are going to have to put up a lunatic republican to counter balance, and then win the presidency in 2012.

We now choose candidates because of what we fear the other candidate might do. Making it a visceral choice, not a logical one.
Guest032213-02 is offline   Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 11:08 AM   #15
Par_Shooter
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
He posted an opinion that included calling whomever is nominated on the republican side a loon. TTH has a long history of name calling to anyone who does not agree with his opinion. Why do they have to be a loon? ANYONE right of TTH is a loon according to him based upon his own posts.

His comment could have stood alone without desparaging anyone else. Again, he has a very long history of this "debate" style.
Libs are all too proud to call themselves tolerant and open-minded, as long as you agree with them...

Hopefully the results of this election will send a signal to both sides - get your sorry asses back towards the middle and get something done. Common sense and compromise, all too lacking the last two years, will hopefully come back into play. It made Slick Willy a success and I think Hussien and his staff see the writing on the wall, at least he's saying the right things.

And thanks to baby Jeebus, we no longer have to see that fucking semi-lucid Nancy Pelosi sitting behind Hussien in the SOTU addresses. Although, amazingly, I read this morning she's lobbying to stay in a position of power...Are you f'ng kidding me?
Par_Shooter is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women