Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
test
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70706
biomed162523
Yssup Rider60355
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48432
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41496
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35863
Mojojo33117

Old 03-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
poseidon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6
Default 6th Street Bust

Fucking Bummer. A sheriff's wife must've found out that he was a regular or something and blown their cover.

From the Statesman. The online article has a name so I'm not posting the whole thing here.

--------------
An Austin woman is accused of running a prostitution ring out of Sixth Street business Midnight Cowboy and employed women selling sexual favors for money, according to an arrest affidavit filed in Travis County today.

The affidavit said Austin police conducted undercover investigations of the business on several occasions in September and January after receiving information from the FBI that “prostitution and massages were in operation” there.

On Monday, police conducted a search warrant at the business and seized a computer, the document said. Rogers told police that her employees model lingerie, it said.
However, one of the employees, a 42-year-old woman, said she was paid for sexual favors at the business, the affidavit said.
poseidon is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #2
DRorchia
Valued Poster

Every time I see a story like this it makes me think the same thing. LEGALIZE this business already! It's never going away, so you may as well regulate it and make it safe for the provider and the hobbyist.

Ps: Not sure if this qualifies as an "alert". It's more like "FYI".....
DRorchia is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
Jennatexas23
Account Disabled

User ID: 5483
Default Midnight Cowboy

That place has been around for yrs kinda surprised it is still open. Right in downtown not far from the police station. Still a bummer hope the ladies are okay.
Jennatexas23 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:46 PM   #4
Guest080611-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

in other news, Hell has frozen over.
Guest080611-2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #5
RALPHEY BOY
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

lets see 25 years ago I walked by Midnight Cowboy wondering what it was....APD aint the sharpest tools in the shed...
RALPHEY BOY is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:00 PM   #6
DRorchia
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY View Post
lets see 25 years ago I walked by Midnight Cowboy wondering what it was....APD aint the sharpest tools in the shed...
Time will tell if this was an isolated deal or the beginning of a larger crack down on similar type places
Old 03-30-2011, 04:07 PM   #7
sixxbach
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 81

Maybe I am way off but something tells me there was more going on there and hooking was the easier of the two to blame it on. Rent on 6th is sky high for a biz. I think the owners also dabbled in other things and hookers was the easier charge to go after....

sixx
sixxbach is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:10 PM   #8
derek303
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

Last time was there a little over a year ago I noticed the camera's can see you go to the back door from the telephone pole camera's on 5th. So the camera can see you park (license plate) and then walk to the back door.
derek303 is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #9
DRorchia
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxbach View Post
Maybe I am way off but something tells me there was more going on there and hooking was the easier of the two to blame it on. Rent on 6th is sky high for a biz. I think the owners also dabbled in other things and hookers was the easier charge to go after....

sixx
That's the first thing I thought after reading:"According to court paperwork, police received an FBI intelligence report that stated prostitution and massages were taking place at Midnight Cowboy. Austin Police subsequently began an undercover operation in September of 2010".
Makes no sense that the FBI would stick their nose into a massage parlor that's been around for 20+ years unless there's more going on. The time frame though fits roughly to when the FBI was in Austin to work on the problem of underage girls in prostitution. It was part of a nationwide effort to crack down on some of the rings/pimps using these girls.
http://www.m3newmedia.net/blog/fbi-o...fficking-sting
Austin was one of the cities they worked in this sting.
Old 03-30-2011, 04:33 PM   #10
Billy_Saul
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 1

Well this is gonna cause a ripple effect through the local AMP community for awhile. I am sure that all of them will be laying low now. They have been there 30+ years with no problem. I guess checkpoint Art Acevedo needs to make a name for himself.
Billy_Saul is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #11
DRorchia
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_Saul View Post
Well this is gonna cause a ripple effect through the local AMP community for awhile. I am sure that all of them will be laying low now. They have been there 30+ years with no problem. I guess checkpoint Art Acevedo needs to make a name for himself.
Problem is, with it being almost 6 months between the time they first targeted this place and the bust, those places can't be sure if they haven't already been visited by UC's as well. You're right though, I'm sure they will lay low for awhile.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:10 PM   #12
Billy_Saul
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixxbach View Post
Rent on 6th is sky high for a biz. I think the owners also dabbled in other things and hookers was the easier charge to go after....

sixx
Seriously you are right about the rent there though. More then one bar/club has closed up shop and left 6th street over high rent through the years. I always wondered how MC made it. Maybe they did high enough volume, who knows. The more curious existence to me is the other Korean place(s) on the S side. Their property taxes have to be astronomical at their specific location and they do little business best I could ever tell. I bet they fold soon. End of an Era.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:12 PM   #13
shazzan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

Think this is a start to a general campaign to crack down on the sex industry in Austin?
shazzan is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:36 PM   #14
Rod Master
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 41

The FBI probably picked up on the place from a Human Trafficking case. Those girls weren't legal and we probably "working" off their debit from being smuggled into the US.
Rod Master is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 06:46 PM   #15
Billy_Saul
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Master View Post
The FBI probably picked up on the place from a Human Trafficking case. Those girls weren't legal and we probably "working" off their debit from being smuggled into the US.
Yes of course, they finally cornered the notorious Mrs Rogers after 35 years of human trafficking..

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women