Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > West Texas > Coed Discussions - West Texas
test
Coed Discussions - West Texas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70697
biomed162434
Yssup Rider60274
gman4453222
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48406
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41330
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35746
Mojojo33117

Old 04-18-2015, 04:13 PM   #1
oldpun
Premium Access

Encounters: 93
Default Hobby phones.

Like most of you, I have a burner phone that I use for the hobby. It is one I bought at WalMart with a bunch of minutes. It is a basic phone that does what I need for the hobby. However lately, I have had real problems with texts not getting to me in a timely manner, and my texts not going out promptly. An example, when Kelley Monroe was coming to Amarillo, we were exchanging texts. At one point they stopped, I assumed for check in and unpacking etc. I then got 5 texts that had obviously not been sent at the same time, all time stamped the same. I have also had people ask why I waited so long to answer a text when I answered right away.
Is anyone else having this trouble? Any thoughts on how to correct it? If I need to get a different burner, any ideas on ones that work reliably?
oldpun is online now   Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:45 PM   #2
Tex9401

Encounters: 3

I know when I am traveling; I was told to power cycle my cell phone to reconnect to the closest tower. Have you tried doing that?
Tex9401 is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:13 PM   #3
oldpun
Premium Access

I keep the phone off most of the time, I just check it once a day or so and of course leave it on when things are being set up.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:20 PM   #4
greaton
Premium Access

Encounters: 48

Mine does that too, do not lose sleep over it. Probably the NSA just screeing them.
greaton is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:55 PM   #5
Winter Monroe
The One & Only

User ID: 145766
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Good Ole West TX problem... I've personally been thru every burner Walmart sales. Best one in this area in every corner of every house or building is my Verizon no contract ph. $45 a month unlimited. If you don't pay it turns off with no problems. You can pay with Verizon pre-paid cards or gift cards so it doesn't trace back to you.
Good Luck and Happy Hunting
Winter Monroe is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 01:22 AM   #6
greaton
Premium Access

Encounters: 48

those Verison phones are good, ihave stood in my driveway with my AT&T getting no signal and my friends Verizon is working just fine. Thanks for reminding me to go get a Verizon phone.
greaton is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:42 AM   #7
sidekick
Valued Poster

Encounters: 97

I experience the same issues from time to time. The burner phone is not as nice as my personal IPhone so I get irritated with it at times.
sidekick is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:02 AM   #8
Phrasing
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 63

Why not just use google voice?
Phrasing is offline   Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:02 PM   #9
oldpun
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrasing View Post
Man, give me credit for using one of them phones that don't need to be plugged to a wall!
Old 04-19-2015, 07:56 PM   #10
Tex9401

Encounters: 3

But, you still have to use a cell phone, I know Verizon has invested big time in cell towers in West Texas and Eastern New Mexico.

Quote:
Tex9401 is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:42 AM   #11
raedy4funn45
Premium Access

Encounters: 69

Google voice can be forwarded to any phone, and with a smart phone you can call with a wireless connection or webpage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpun View Post
Man, give me credit for using one of them phones that don't need to be plugged to a wall!
raedy4funn45 is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:41 AM   #12
busternutzs
Premium Access

Encounters: 102

Quote:
Add goggle voice to your existing cell phone for no extra cost. You only have one cell phone and one bill.

Google Voice also has an option or setting Do Not Disturb for times when do not want incoming calls or text. It gives you the option to use GV when you need it as a hobby phone or to have it dormant.

You can also change the Google Voice # when ever you desire. You can also ad more than one GV number to the same cel phone.

The only cost that occurs is when you change your GV number and that's only 10 bucks.

It gives you more flexibility at less cost. You don't have to deal with 2 cell phones and two bills.

Isn't that right Phrasing?
busternutzs is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:09 AM   #13
Phrasing
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by busternutzs View Post
Add goggle voice to your existing cell phone for no extra cost. You only have one cell phone and one bill.

Google Voice also has an option or setting Do Not Disturb for times when do not want incoming calls or text. It gives you the option to use GV when you need it as a hobby phone or to have it dormant.

You can also change the Google Voice # when ever you desire. You can also ad more than one GV number to the same cel phone.

The only cost that occurs is when you change your GV number and that's only 10 bucks.

It gives you more flexibility at less cost. You don't have to deal with 2 cell phones and two bills.

Isn't that right Phrasing?
unless you call international, it's basically free. You don't even have to pay 10 bucks for a new number, just create a new email address and get a free number.

No disrespect to OP (get it, oldpun instead of original poster...anyways) I was just inquiring why it wouldn't work. I work with family, so a hobby phone is out of the question. But with my regular phone, you forward your text messages to the email address...and if asked, just say you are responding to emails! Oh downside of GV is you can't send pics. So you still have to email it or send a link
Phrasing is offline   Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:45 PM   #14
Ray McKigney
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
I tried the burner route when I first started hobbying but switched to Google Voice a few years ago. Best way to go, IMO.
Ray McKigney is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women