Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
test
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 394
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70760
biomed162939
Yssup Rider60590
gman4453259
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48542
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42143
CryptKicker37192
The_Waco_Kid36508
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 07-19-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
Rodram
BANNED

Encounters: 2
Default LIES,LIES AND MORE LIES, BUT THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE!!!

I've posted this info in response to dennisrn and his pathetic attempt to discredit anything President Obama does. Criticism based on the truth is welcome and expected, but I'm not going to allow anyone to lie and mislead you about what is happening politically.

I've posted Obama's campaign contribution totals and what percentage came from small contributions(people like you and me) along with the links to the info. I've also posted at the bottom the rules for his campaign contributions.

These numbers directly contradict dennisrn because his post insinuates Obama is controlled by George Soros because of his contributions.
We are having a very tough time politically in this country of ours and the last thing anyone needs to hear is more bullshit.

satexguy also posted a very racist article about muslims and another lie about Obama. I have also exposed that article along with oshins as a lie.
Read how satexguy goes from outrage about Obama and Muslims to admitting that his parents were immigrants and just wants immigrants to be required to speak english like his parents did. This is what happens when someone is told the truth. The anger subsided and the reasonable satexguy emerged.

FOX is in major trouble and what is happening could possibly lead to its demise. FOX is nothing but a manufacturer of lies and much of what dennisrn puts on here originates from FOX. This would be a major win for the country, so keep your fingers crossed!

*** Grassroots donors vs. maxed-out donors: Per this handy New York Times breakdown, 49% of Obama’s $46.3 million came in donations under $200, and 26% were maximum $2,500 donations. By comparison, however, just 6% of Romney’s were under $200, while a whopping 70% were the maximum. In other words, Romney appears to have already maxed out his base of donors. (Where is the rest going to come from?) http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/ca...p&ref=politics

By: CNN Deputy Political Director Paul Steinhauser
Washington (CNN) – Two days after it officially opened up shop, President Barack Obama's re-election campaign is highlighting its initial fundraising efforts.
The campaign received 23,000 contributions in the first 24 hours following Obama's Monday re-election announcement, with nearly all of those donations in the amount of $200 or less, a source confirms to CNN.

The president's 2008 campaign for the White House raised nearly $750 million, shattering all records, and much of that money came from small dollar donors. The goal this time around is for the campaign to bring in up to $1 billion. While some upcoming high profile fundraisers headlined by Obama, starting next week in Chicago, will grab the media spotlight, the campaign doesn't want its efforts with average contributors to get lost in the headlines.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...lar-donations/

(New York Times) – Mr. Obama also raised about $38 million for the Democratic National Committee, using a series of joint fund-raisers this spring to fill party coffers and begin building a field operation for the general election. The total haul — about $86 million — broke the record for joint fund-raising between a president and his national party committee in any quarter of a nonelection year, reflecting the significant powers of an incumbent president to raise money and the progress Mr. Obama’s campaign has made recently to rebuild the donor network that helped him to victory in 2008.

“The first weeks of this campaign have been a test of our grass-roots strength, and the results are in,” said Jim Messina, Mr. Obama’s campaign manager, in a conference call with reporters on Wednesday morning.

Mr. Messina said that 552,462 people had contributed to the president so far this year, more than gave to Mr. Obama in all of 2007, and that the president had raised money from more than 260,000 new donors."
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/14/us...ate.html?_r=1#

Obama Bans Most Corporate Contributions From His Convention
By Marc Ambinder
February 4, 2011 | 5:32 PM |
President Obama wants his 2012 convention in Charlotte to bear the imprint of "the People." To that end, the Democratic National Committee announced what it calls a "first time ever" set of restrictions on contributions to the host committee account.

There won't be contributions from political action committees or from corporations. And no in-kind contributions from any entity that's gotten bailout or TARP money.

Individuals can give up to $100,000 -- which still sounds like a lot. But they can't be federal lobbyists. (State lobbyists are OK).

The committee is placing a bunch of restrictions on what type of official events corporations can hold for delegates:

(a) No individual registered as a federal lobbyist under the Lobbying Disclosure Act may serve on the Host Committee;
(b) No incorporated entity may sponsor any event or any other items funded under the Master Contract unless approved in advance by the DNCC;
(c) No incorporated for-profit entity may sponsor any event or other items funded as part of hospitality activities undertaken by the Host Committee on behalf of the DNCC such as events for party representatives, foreign dignitaries, Convention delegates, volunteers or media representatives, unless approved in advance by the DNCC.
(d) All "Official Provider" designations shall be negotiated with the DNCC and the Host Committee and signed by the Host Committee;
(e) All targets for monetary, in-kind, official provider, or other type of contribution to the Host Committee shall be approved in advance by the DNCC;
(f) All contributions, monetary or in-kind, shall be disclosed publicly by the Host Committee within an agreed upon regular timeframe on the Host Committee's website; and
(g) The Host Committee shall develop a grassroots fundraising plan for review and approval by the DNCC within 60 days of the signing of the Master Contract.

http://voices.nationaljournal.com/20...orate-cont.php
Rodram is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
satexasguy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

What BS. I didn't calm down after reading my post about Muslims. If you were to read what "I" wrote and not just the posting (which I admit was a copy and paste from an e-mail), you would realize that my anger was/is geared towards the cry-baby, take no responsibility for their own actions liberals that are trying to change our country to be a bunch of pussies.

Talk about lies. Obama lied about the Health Care system he implemented. It has done nothing but fucked up medical care in this country. I know several doctors who are seriously considering quitting the practice. He lied and said it would provide health care for all citizens. BS - the only ones it will provide health care for are those that are on welfare. Those of us that actually work for a living have to purchase our own coverage or be fined. Of course, liberals will say that he did not lie. Technically, he didn't, but not telling the whole story is just like lieing. I know for a FACT that social medicine doesn't work. I have relatives in Italy and Canada that pay to see private doctors when they need care because they know that they will have to wait forever to been seen by a doctor and be taken care of. How is that good medicine? Oh and their taxes are out the roof to pay for it. Do you really believe government can effectively and efficiently run healthcare? They can't even run themselves (proof via the budget impasse). the VA system sucks (I give credit to the personnel who work there for it is not their fault they are bogged down by BS red tape), social security will not exist when I retire (thanks to liberals wanting to spend those funds for pet projects and yes, I admit the Republicans have spent some of the money but not near as much as the liberal). Name ONE government program that runs efficiently and effectively.

My sister in law and brother are tree hugging liberals. Yet they bitch about high taxes. Guess what ... liberal policies and out of control spending by the liberal House has caused taxes to go up. How the hell else are we supposed to pay for all the BS spending that the House (which was controlled by Dems during the Bush era) has approved?

And do you really buy into the BS of the DNC 2012 convention rules? Take your blinds off and face reality ... corporations and special interest groups will be shoving donations up NObama's ass but will never admit it.

NObama in 2012!

I say all the fucking liberals should move to california and continue to fuck up that state and leave the rest of the country alone.
satexasguy is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:20 AM   #3
oshins
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

What I see is that both sides spin every circumstance to meet their needs.

Case in point, the 2000 election. I know its a little dated, but anyway:

In counting ballots, the democrats wanted dimpled, hanging, partial punch chads etc counted. Their argument, in the spirit of the law, the voter intended to cast his vote. The republicans countered that the letter of the law clearly states that unless the hole is completely punched the vote isn't counted.
Alternatively, the republicans argued that absentee ballots that arrived after the (or postmarked after, can't remember) the deadline should be honored in the spirit of the law, as the intention of the voter was clear. The democrats countered that the letter of the law clearly states that unless the ballots arrive (postmarked) by the deadline they can't be counted. So, both sides prove over and over that they can't be trusted to be consistent.

I thought both choices sucked, I was in the Navy and managed to send my absentee ballot in on time. If memory serves, I sent it in early to mid October.

The point is, both sides are full of shit and can't be trusted. And the extremes of both sides... welcome to fucking fantasy land. But in my view the worst of the lot are the Religious Right. Fiscal conservatives I get, and agree with a lot of the time. Jesus freaks, not so much. Keep your religion out of the government. They even have a museum in Kentucky that says dinosaurs and humans coexisted. They even want to re-write history to say the founding fathers intended for the U.S. to be a christian nation(letter of or spirit of the law?). Oh, and that means not Catholic either. I was informed by my aunt that I, as a Catholic, am not a christian, but rather a cultist. Her preacher at her mega church told her so... end rant - going to hit the heavy bag.

P.S. - Will everyone please stop drinking the Kool-Aid®. Take a step back, examine the facts and make an informed decision. This cherry-picking of 'facts' to support what your side believes is how we keep fucking ourselves as a country.
oshins is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
Whitedog
Valued Poster

Rodram, I've been beating my head against a wall regarding the same issues with some folks I know, and come to the conclusion it's a waste of time. If these folks are getting all their information from FOX, then they really don't want to know anything different than what reinforces their own biased views. Using comedy to make your point will go right over their heads, but....GOOD ONE!!

As a side note, I consider myself an Independent, free-thinking individual, that makes it a point NOT to vote a straight ticket, but the current bunch of clowns with their hate-spewing platform, are almost causing me to become a die-hard Democrat, and I really don't want to be THAT!
Whitedog is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #5
Rodram
BANNED

Default Thanks but.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by satexasguy View Post
What BS. I didn't calm down after reading my post about Muslims. If you were to read what "I" wrote and not just the posting (which I admit was a copy and paste from an e-mail), you would realize that my anger was/is geared towards the cry-baby, take no responsibility for their own actions liberals that are trying to change our country to be a bunch of pussies.

Talk about lies. Obama lied about the Health Care system he implemented. It has done nothing but fucked up medical care in this country. I know several doctors who are seriously considering quitting the practice. He lied and said it would provide health care for all citizens. BS - the only ones it will provide health care for are those that are on welfare. Those of us that actually work for a living have to purchase our own coverage or be fined. Of course, liberals will say that he did not lie. Technically, he didn't, but not telling the whole story is just like lieing. I know for a FACT that social medicine doesn't work. I have relatives in Italy and Canada that pay to see private doctors when they Lisinopril 20mgneed care because they know that they will have to wait forever to been seen by a doctor and be taken care of. How is that good medicine? Oh and their taxes are out the roof to pay for it. Do you really believe government can effectively and efficiently run healthcare? They can't even run themselves (proof via the budget impasse). the VA system sucks (I give credit to the personnel who work there for it is not their fault they are bogged down by BS red tape), social security will not exist when I retire (thanks to liberals wanting to spend those funds for pet projects and yes, I admit the Republicans have spent some of the money but not near as much as the liberal). Name ONE government program that runs efficiently and effectively.

My sister in law and brother are tree hugging liberals. Yet they bitch about high taxes. Guess what ... liberal policies and out of control spending by the liberal House has caused taxes to go up. How the hell else are we supposed to pay for all the BS spending that the House (which was controlled by Dems during the Bush era) has approved?

And do you really buy into the BS of the DNC 2012 convention rules? Take your blinds off and face reality ... corporations and special interest groups will be shoving donations up NObama's ass but will never admit it.

NObama in 2012!

I say all the fucking liberals should move to california and continue to fuck up that state and leave the rest of the country alone.
Did you really want to hand me your ass on a plate or do you really want me to answer your questions? I'll give you some time and I'll check in later.....
Old 07-20-2011, 01:34 PM   #6
Whitedog
Valued Poster

Don't waste your time, Rod. It's just to easy, but you still won't ever change their minds.....
Whitedog is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #7
Rodram
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedog View Post
Don't waste your time, Rod. It's just to easy, but you still won't ever change their minds.....
You know Whitedog, I got the same advice from OldTiger. Picking my fights is a virtue I have yet to accomplish but so desperately need to embrace.

I was very young when Reagan became President but I was politically aware because of my family. My grandparents were very poor but they credited President Roosevelt and his CCC Camps for giving them the opportunity to climb out of poverty. So as you might imagine, we are not republicans.

I e-mail, petition, volunteer, make phone calls, call congress, call the Whitehouse, call the senate,donate money and debate on 5 other political blogs and websites to come up with the best path forward and then try to accomplish something good for our country.

I could easily absolve myself of any responsibility and just declare government as a failure and do nothing, but what does that say about me as an American with the power to influence policy?

You are right about wasting my time and I'll l save myself the keystrokes. Thanks to you and OldTiger for the wisdom. - Rod
Old 07-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #8
satexasguy
Valued Poster

OH please, typical Democrat. Can't handle the truth and want to argue over their own facts. I agree that extreme righ and left is not good for the country. Neither is being stubborn.

And that is all I have to say.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #9
oshins
Valued Poster

Quote:
OH please, typical Democrat. Can't handle the truth and want to argue over their own facts. I agree that extreme righ and left is not good for the country...
Something about a mirror is coming to mind...

What does this mean?

Quote:
Neither is being stubborn.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:02 PM   #10
satexasguy
Valued Poster

Being stubborn is not good for the country either. I work part-time at a local political office and had to laugh when one of the staffers got upset and said that the Republicans are stubborn and never want to support anything the Dems and that the Republicans only want to do things their way. I had to laugh when I thought how the Dems pushed through the healthcare bill on their own.

By the way, when I look into the mirror I see an independent thinker who is a Libertarian. GOVERNMENT NEEDS TO STAY THE FUCK OUT OF OUR DAILY LIVES AND QUIT PUSHING SHIT ON US.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:58 PM   #11
oshins
Valued Poster

OK, I misunderstood the stubborn comment.

OK, your posts come off as standard Teabagger rhetoric to me. Sorry, I can't stand those holier than thou, pretend patriots... If you wrap shit in The Flag, it's still shit.

As for the health care... I look at it like this. He was elected president with health care reform as a major part of his platform. Unlike so many other politicians in the past (both parties) he acted on his promise. He had the votes to get it done, and just because the minority hated the idea, that doesn't mean don't do it. This is a majority rule government. How is ramming the Cut, Cap, and Balance act different? One side has a position and the votes, so they pass the bill over the objections of their opponents. Well one difference is that they know it is all show, it can't pass the Senate and would be vetoed. So, its a waste of time.

Just because someone believes something, however passionately, doesn't mean it's the will of the majority.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #12
Jdriller
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

If I recall, the minority was the Republicans in Congress. However, all the polls I recall of the people (not Congress) indicated the majority of the PEOPLE of this country were against Health Care Bill as presented by President Obama. Yet, he still rammed it down the throats of the majority of the American People. Most of the Congress members had not even read the bill in it's entirety. Rember the comment "we'll find out what's in the bill after we pass it"
Jdriller is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #13
Rakhir
Valued Poster

Encounters: 62

How about Obama threatening to veto a balanced budget amendment? Last time I read the constitution he would never see it. After it would pass the House and Senate by 2/3'rd it would go to the states to ratify it and they would need 3/4 to do so. However, the president never factors into this and this is not an override situation.
Rakhir is offline   Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #14
Rodram
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdriller View Post
If I recall, the minority was the Republicans in Congress. However, all the polls I recall of the people (not Congress) indicated the majority of the PEOPLE of this country were against Health Care Bill as presented by President Obama. Yet, he still rammed it down the throats of the majority of the American People. Most of the Congress members had not even read the bill in it's entirety. Rember the comment "we'll find out what's in the bill after we pass it"
And how did the PEOPLE come to not support something like Healthcare reform that is so clearly in their own interest?
Answer: Misinformation and lies from PSA's, robocalls and ads etc

And how is that you might ask? The answer will astound you.

Answer: Bloomberg - http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...ealth-law.html

"Health insurers last year gave the U.S. Chamber of Commerce $86.2 million that was used to oppose the health-care overhaul law, according to tax records and people familiar with the donation.
The insurance lobby, whose members include Minnetonka, Minnesota-based UnitedHealth Group Inc. and Cigna Corp. of Philadelphia, gave the money to the Chamber in 2009 as Democrats increased criticism of the industry, according to a person who requested anonymity because laws don’t require identifying funding sources. The Chamber got the money from the America’s Health Insurance Plans as the industry urged Congress to drop a plan to create a competing government-run insurance plan."

Washington Post :http://voices.washingtonpost.com/hea..._its_inte.html
Lobbyists Spend Millions to Influence Health Care
By Dan Eggen
Drugmakers, hospitals and insurers continued to pour millions of dollars into lobbying during the second quarter of this year, hoping to limit the damage to their bottom line as lawmakers and the Obama administration wrangle over landmark health-care legislation.

New disclosure reports that began arriving Monday in Congress showed familiar players at the top of the health-care influence heap, including $6.2 million in lobbying by the dominant Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) and $4 million by the American Medical Association.

Many health companies and associations increased their first-quarter lobbying expenditures, sometimes dramatically. The Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association upped its lobbying expenditures by a full million, to 2.8 million dollars in the second quarter; GlaxoSmithKline's spending jumped from $1.8 million to $2.3 million; Novartis grew from $1.4 million to $1.8 million; and Metlife Group reported $1.7 million, up nearly 50 percent. Allstate, which spent less than $900,000 on lobbying through March, boosted its spending to more than $1.5 million from April to June.

Others simply kept up the pace, including Johnson & Johnson at $1.6 million and America's Health Insurance Plans and Bayer Corp. both approaching $2 million in spending from April to June. The AMA has spent a total of $8.2 million on lobbying through June of this year.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #15
Rodram
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhir View Post
How about Obama threatening to veto a balanced budget amendment? Last time I read the constitution he would never see it. After it would pass the House and Senate by 2/3'rd it would go to the states to ratify it and they would need 3/4 to do so. However, the president never factors into this and this is not an override situation.
I have a Constitution app loaded in my Macbook, where is that information?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women