Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Arkansas > Coed Discussions
test
Coed Discussions Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70709
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48441
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41544
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35919
Mojojo33117

Old 09-25-2017, 05:38 PM   #1
GrayThorns
Registered Member

Default Legalization in 2018

So, uh, hypothetically if someone on the ground was interested in doing a bit of organizing, campaigning, and lobbying in order to legalize sex work in the state of Arkansas with an eye to the 2018 elections would there be any interest in getting involved directly or indirectly by the fine folks here?
GrayThorns is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:37 PM   #2
ACharmXo
Account Disabled

User ID: 402056
My ECCIE Reviews

In the Bible Belt? .... good luck with that they makw the strippers wear titty tape these people out here are not goin for that
ACharmXo is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:37 PM   #3
Guest033019
Account Disabled

User ID: 408652
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACharmXo View Post
In the Bible Belt? .... good luck with that they makw the strippers wear titty tape these people out here are not goin for that
Lmao
Guest033019 is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:45 PM   #4
GrayThorns
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACharmXo View Post
I believe that it could work, but the coalition would have to cut across party lines. We'd have to get the Libertarian Right to vote yes along with the Left and anyone moderate that we can win over. In theory that's very doable for, uh, someone who has connections on both sides of the political spectrum, but it means that we have to get involved identifying and pruning opposition in Congress in 2018 then lobbying immediately afterwards to get a bill passed. It can be done though.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:51 PM   #5
watchoutthegameisrigged
Valued Poster

Encounters: 58

You are Staff Edit delusional.
watchoutthegameisrigged is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:56 PM   #6
GrayThorns
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchoutthegameisrigged View Post
You are Staff Edit delusional.
I think that the idea that nothing ever changes is delusional. It's just a question of being willing to play the political game better than the people who refuse to see reason.
Old 09-25-2017, 06:59 PM   #7
watchoutthegameisrigged
Valued Poster

You obviously have zero idea about the battleground you are playing on.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:02 PM   #8
GrayThorns
Registered Member

Quote:
You obviously have zero idea about the battleground you are playing on.
You are free to believe as you like, but if you have some sort of relevant expertise your assistance would be welcome though.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:11 PM   #9
watchoutthegameisrigged
Valued Poster

Yeah, I'll jump right in and make myself public on this. Use my real identity and everything. I don't think that watchoutthegameisrigged will cut much ice with the legislators so I'm all all in. Where do I sign up for this lost cause? Did you just move here yesterday from Nevada?
Old 09-25-2017, 07:16 PM   #10
GrayThorns
Registered Member

Quote:
Yeah, I'll jump right in and make myself public on this. Use my real identity and everything. I don't think that watchoutthegameisrigged will cut much ice with the legislators so I'm all all in. Where do I sign up for this lost cause? Did you just move here yesterday from Nevada?
Actually I figured we'd work behind the scenes using a Third Party PAC until we've built the legislative coalition while we measure and shape public opinion on how the issue is being framed. I'm not anticipating overnight success, it's probably going to only start to come together in the next election cycle but it will give us a roadmap on how to proceed.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:24 PM   #11
watchoutthegameisrigged
Valued Poster

Take your 3 day old join date and 4 posts and lead the way. I'm sure the rest of us will fall right in behind. Not only do you not understand the battleground, you also don't understand the playground. Wishing you much success but you blew any credibility you might have here in your first post. I'm done troll.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:25 PM   #12
GrayThorns
Registered Member

Quote:
Take your 3 day old join date and 4 posts and lead the way. I'm sure the rest of us will fall right in behind. Not only do you not understand the battleground, you also don't understand the playground. Wishing you much success but you blew any credibility you might have here in your first post. I'm done troll.
Well I'll certainly take the good wishes at least.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:32 PM   #13
Guest110920
Account Disabled

Encounters: 72

Nevada is what legalization looks like - and it looks like regulation. I've seen it firsthand. Bye bye BBBJ, DATY only permitted with dental dams, providers relegated to brothels where they can work and NOWHERE else (typically not allowed to leave the brothel either without getting re-tested before coming back to work), no discussion of prices outside providers private rooms in the brothels driving rates sky high due to no price transparency (which might sound great to providers on the surface but there would be way less potential clients who could afford it to go around for everyone). Yeah, sounds like hobby utopia.

Maybe OP is aware of this. Maybe not. But it is naive to think that even if legalization was remotely possible here in the bible belt (when the most permissive areas of the country don't even have it) that the government would let it happen without exerting that kind of control and probably more. It would not be like it is now, except legal. Not even close.

That's why most of the prominent pro-sex worker voices (e.g. Maggie Mcneill - https://maggiemcneill.wordpress.com/) don't advocate for legalization, merely for decriminalization.

I think troll sounds about right here, although a novel one, trolling under the guise of something purportedly positive.
Guest110920 is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 07:42 PM   #14
GrayThorns
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpankyJ View Post
Nevada is what legalization looks like - and it looks like regulation. I've seen it firsthand. Bye bye BBBJ, DATY only permitted with dental dams, providers relegated to brothels where they can work and NOWHERE else (typically not allowed to leave the brothel either without getting re-tested before coming back to work), no discussion of prices outside providers private rooms in the brothels driving rates sky high due to no price transparency (which might sound great to providers on the surface but there would be way less potential clients who could afford it to go around for everyone). Yeah, sounds like hobby utopia.

Maybe OP is aware of this. Maybe not. But it is naive to think that even if legalization was remotely possible here in the bible belt (when the most permissive areas of the country don't even have it) that the government would let it happen without exerting that kind of control and probably more. It would not be like it is now, except legal. Not even close.

That's why most of the prominent pro-sex worker voices (e.g. Maggie Mcneill - https://maggiemcneill.wordpress.com/) don't advocate for legalization, merely for decriminalization.

I think troll sounds about right here, although a novel one, trolling under the guise of something purportedly positive.
I would certainly agree that tightly regulated brothels is not a good alternative, and that decriminalization is the more likely outcome reachable. What that also does is allow more open, at least financially and on paper, organization in favor of it. I would like to think that between current models of decriminalization and soul crushing regulation that mostly favors brothel licensees that we can find a happy middle ground.

I have previously read accounts of decriminalization being little different than things are now, save that harassment has a different pretext. Landlords, roommates, and significant others are accosted with accusations of brothel keeping or trafficking and police supposedly camp outside of the locations of sex workers and arrest anyone entering the location on suspicion of trying to procure their services. I strongly suspect that it won't take long for something similar to begin occurring under a decriminalized model here in Arkansas. That said, perhaps the best solution is decriminalization first to allow freedom of organization, then once organization is on the table a less regulated version of legalization could be pursued.

Digging into the link now, I thank you for it.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:47 PM   #15
Gatlin99
Registered Member

Encounters: 4

Organizing, campaigning, lobbying all sound great. Decriminalization instead of legalization - beautiful. But where's the money going to come from? If you don't have some major dollar signs flashing around along with some blank checks stuffing some serious pockets, then forget it. Then factor in the Bible Belt point - not enough money in the world, and that's all that matters.
Gatlin99 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women