Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70677
biomed162343
Yssup Rider60203
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48384
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41244
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-12-2016, 06:00 PM   #1
stikiwikit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56
Default As a citizen of the United States . . .

you must read the column in today's AAS by Thomas Friedman. If you don't know who TF is, he is a long time columnist for the NY Times who is very knowledgeable about world affairs, especially the Middle East. He has lived for years in Israel from his teen years and has written extensively about the problems in the Middle East.

His column today brings home what kind of man D. Trump really is re: his (DT's) recent remarks regarding the second amendment people.
stikiwikit is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 02:33 AM   #2
Guest010218
Account Disabled

Encounters: 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikiwikit View Post
you must read the column in today's AAS by Thomas Friedman. If you don't know who TF is, he is a long time columnist for the NY Times who is very knowledgeable about world affairs, especially the Middle East. He has lived for years in Israel from his teen years and has written extensively about the problems in the Middle East.

His column today brings home what kind of man D. Trump really is re: his (DT's) recent remarks regarding the second amendment people.
It took me a few minutes to find it, so here is a link to help other readers easily find the NYTimes Friedman Article on Trump.

I had previously known about this history, but until reading Friedman, didn't link the Trump language to the potential actions that have happened before. Should not happen again.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
BB
Guest010218 is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 06:43 AM   #3
sue_nami
Pleasure Activist

User ID: 148563
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

thanks shining a light on the voice of reason. these are frightening times and the fear mongering has been out of control. words have meaning and the escalation of the threatening hate filled rhetoric is frightening to me and all folks who believe in peace. I hope everyone reads this and thinks about the future of our country.
" But Trump knows what he is doing, and it is so dangerous in today’s world. In the last year we have seen a spate of lone-wolf acts of terrorism in America and Europe by men and women living on the fringes of society, some with petty criminal records, often with psychological problems, often described as “loners,” and almost always deeply immersed in fringe jihadist social networks that heat them up. They hear the signal in the noise. They hear the inspiration and the permission to do God’s work. They are not cooled by unfinished sentences."
sue_nami is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:21 AM   #4
David.Douchehurst
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

So, whut Ah'm a-hearin' yew say is thet tha ol' sayin', "Sticks an' stones may break mah bones but werds will ne'er hurt meh," is a gottdamm LIE?!?!?!?

Yer a-callin' mah momma an' mah granmomma gottdamm liars?!?!?

Why yew, Ah oughta ...
David.Douchehurst is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 12:41 PM   #5
Smokin Joe
Valued Poster

Don't care for Hillary but Trump is incompetent so I guess Hillary it is.
Smokin Joe is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 03:23 PM   #6
chuckles
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

Excellent. Thank-you posting this. There are many Travis Bickle types (Taxi Driver) around. A little encouragement from a so called leader like Trump could easily incite one of them to violence. We can disagree vehemently with each other about politics but we settle our differences at the ballot box.
chuckles is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 11:46 PM   #7
Loxly
Valued Poster

Encounters: 49

As a citizen of the United States . . . I'm somewhat embarrassed that these two candidates are the best the country has to offer.

But I will accept part of the blame for the situation. I'm one of millions who have allowed the political aristocracy to grow. Unless you're part of the political machines most don't give two shits about it until the day of the elections. Then they treat it like the Super Bowl hoping to get bragging rights about picking the winner, without much regard for who actually might be best for the job.

The published article is a prime example of "Feelings are not Facts". When JFK ran for office many said that if he were elected that he'd be taking orders from the Pope. THAT didn't happen! Some even rumored, when Reagan ran, that he'd be appointing John Wayne as Sec. of Defense. THAT didn't happen either.

As I see it this guy probably hopes that something actually DOES happen to Clinton so he can prove his "theory".

The only FACT that I can put forth is that even if Hillary serves only one term, her and Bill will be pulling down over 3 million per year in retirement benefits. Which BTW Obama is seeking to increase.
Loxly is offline   Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 11:47 PM   #8
Loxly
Valued Poster

Encounters: 49

As a citizen of the United States . . . I'm somewhat embarrassed that these two candidates are the best the country has to offer.

But I will accept part of the blame for the situation. I'm one of millions who have allowed the political aristocracy to grow. Unless you're part of the political machines most don't give two shits about it until the day of the elections. Then they treat it like the Super Bowl hoping to get bragging rights about picking the winner, without much regard for who actually might be best for the job.

The published article is a prime example of "Feelings are not Facts". When JFK ran for office many said that if he were elected that he'd be taking orders from the Pope. THAT didn't happen! Some even rumored, when Reagan ran, that he'd be appointing John Wayne as Sec. of Defense. THAT didn't happen either.

As I see it this guy probably hopes that something actually DOES happen to Clinton so he can prove his "theory".

The only FACT that I can put forth is that even if Hillary serves only one term, her and Bill will be pulling down over 3 million per year in retirement benefits. Which BTW Obama is seeking to increase.
Loxly is offline   Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:11 AM   #9
helenasweets
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 348128
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxly View Post

What political aristocracy are you talking about? America has none. None. I just finished watching The War Room again after twenty years, and among other things, it really made me remember how viable political upstarts can be in this country. The Clintons were the dark horse twenty years ago. Nobody thought they had a chance in hell of winning against Bush. It's hard to remember just how revolutionary they seemed after 12 years of republican rule. let's not get into the fact that once in office, Clinton really was more of a republican than the populist principles he ran on, but it felt good at the time. But, the fact remains, they came from nothing. The Clintons were the absolute underdogs with dangerous ideas and the political astuteness to bring them to the table. Whatever their strengths or weaknesses, the democratic party owes their energy a great deal.

And then, we elected President Obama, who owes his very electability to the Clinton effect on the party, a black man, also from nothing, and not only that a black man whose name sounded like the man we wanted to hunt down and kill. These people were and are not political aristocracy by any means. I completely reject the idea that we have a political caste.

I'm sorry, but your case against the American political aristocracy is just another Trump apologetic. Uhh, but we're fighting this machine with his refusal to be politically correct. bullshit. You're fighting the same godamn thing the republican party has been fighting for 60 years now, modernity.
helenasweets is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women