Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70705
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60319
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48427
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41462
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 11-16-2021, 08:44 AM   #1
oeb11
Valued Poster

Default What Many of Us White Americans Still Do Not Understand

https://townhall.com/columnists/mich...stand-n2599094

Trending

Do you believe that all of us have blind spots of some kind? That all of us are shaped, for better or worse, by our own upbringing and environment? That we sometimes see things through an imperfect lens? And can you point to many blind spots among those whose beliefs and ideologies you reject? If so, perhaps we can explore some of our own blind spots here, and in this case, by “we” I mean we who are white Americans.
The truth be told, all of us, of all color and background, are much more inclined to see the blind spots of others, pointing out their biased thinking, their convoluted logic, their limited knowledge, and their faulty arguments. But how often do we examine our own points of view through that same lens of critical thinking?
A few years ago, after months of race-related discussion on my radio show, I put forth a simple thesis: White Americans often do not see racism when it is there. Black Americans often do see racism when it is not there.
Some, of course, found this thesis offensive. Many others, however, heartily agreed.
I suggest we test it out here.
As white Americans, when we watch the video of the tragic death of George Floyd, do we see this as race related? For many of us, the answer is no, even if we see it as an act of unjustified police brutality, worthy of conviction under the law (as the court ultimately ruled).

CARTOONS | Gary Varvel
View Cartoon

As for black Americans watching this video, this was yet another example of white brutality against an unarmed black man.
In response, we say, “But look at the facts. Look at the statistics. Only a dozen or so unarmed black men are killed by the police every year. You need to stop listening to the race-baiters.”
In response, our black friends say, “How many times have you been racially profiled? And do you need to have ‘the talk’ with your boys when they become teenagers, urging them to respond to police officers with the utmost respect lest they be shot? Or do you think we are just imagining the corporate pain that we feel?”
To be clear, and to reiterate what I have written and said elsewhere, I oppose the dangerous, anti-white curriculum that is popping up in schools across our nation. And I will continue to call out the false “white supremacist” accusations that are being hurled against us white conservatives by the hour.
At the same time, I must ask if we really want our children to know the painful truth of American history, one that is often more sordid than we would like to admit.
I was reminded of this when reading the new book by Charles Love called Race Crazy: BLM, 1619, and the Progressive Racism Movement. Love is a conservative black American who has appeared on Fox News and who is an opponent of CRT in our children’s schools. So, he is the opposite of a radical, race-baiting progressive.

Yet, when discussing one of the essays in The 1619 Project, he affirms some of the horrible realities of our past treatment of black Americans as pointed out by journalist Trymaine Lee, realities which still affect many black Americans today. (I remind you again that one of the purposes of Love’s book is to expose the dangerous biases in The 1619 Project, but here, there are facts he needed to affirm.)
For example, Lee points out that, on average, whites have 7 times the wealth of blacks in America. Love then writes (agreeing with Lee), “For the first seventy-five years post-slavery, this was nearly entirely the faulty of the government, either by racist laws or by negligence – taking no action as whites robbed, killed, and terrorized blacks.”
To illustrate this reality, Lee shares the story of Elmore Boling, a wealthy black businessman in Alabama who was murdered in 1947 by white men angered by his success. White creditors then took his money, leaving his family and descendants bereft of his wealth. Yet 1947 is not that long ago, and the effects of Boling’s murder and financial rape are still felt today by his grandchildren today.
Love then writes this: “Armed white people stormed prosperous majority-black Wilmington, North Carolina, in 1898 to murder dozens of black people, force 2,000 others off their property, and overthrow the city government. In the Red Summer of 1919, at least 240 black people were murdered across the country. And in 1921, in one of the bloodiest racial attacks in United States history, Greenwood, a prosperous black neighborhood in Tulsa, Oklahoma, was burned and looted. It is estimated that as many as 300 black people were murdered, and 10,000 were rendered homeless. Thirty-five square blocks were destroyed. No one was ever convicted in any of acts of racist violence.

Recommended
Tucker Carlson Described The 'Whole Point' Of The Kyle Rittenhouse Prosecution, And It's Horrifying Scott Morefield

“These were obvious acts of terrorism, but the government also played an active role in suppressing economic opportunities for blacks. . . .”
I can assure you that I never learned any of this as a child in school (at least, to the best of my memory).
Does this mean that white children today should be made to feel guilty about the past? Absolutely not – unless, of course, they are racists themselves, in which case they should be ashamed.
Does this mean that white kids should be identified as the oppressor class? No, no, no.
Does this even mean that white Americans should be paying out reparations to black Americans? Love himself writes, “I want to clearly state that I believe reparations were the proper response to slavery; I just believe the clock has run out on the payment.” Thus, we need to address the remaining inequities in more practical ways today.
Then what is the point of me sharing all this? It is simply that our black friends want us to listen and learn. They want us to understand their perspective. They want us to address our own blind spots. They want us to know our history better than many of us do, not just praising past American exceptionalism but also grieving over past American racism.

As one black caller said to me on the air one day, “I don’t want you to do anything about the pain we have experienced. I just want you to listen.”
It is the least that we can do.

Comment - WTF - read and pay attention
along with other democraticommunist minions indoctrinated to CRT and OBLM Racism!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 08:48 AM   #2
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Oh no ,,,
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 08:49 AM   #3
winn dixie
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Down with apartheid !! Reparations for ever one. Time for whitey to realize his crimes against humanity! True equal rights for ever bone!
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 09:19 AM   #4
FatCity
BANNED

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
As one black caller said to me on the air one day, “I don’t want you to do anything about the pain we have experienced. I just want you to listen.”
sounds like a personal problem.

take your meds, tard
FatCity is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 09:33 AM   #5
oeb11
Valued Poster

Thank your for your kind thoughts - FC
do take advantage of teh privilege to contribute yourself.

name-calling - is one of teh domains of teh democraticommunist ideologues.

They will be jealous.

And - it is unseemly to insult teh peoples of America who have developmental Delay.

SAD!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 09:50 AM   #6
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
https://townhall.com/columnists/mich...stand-n2599094

Trending

Do you believe that all of us have blind spots of some kind? That all of us are shaped, for better or worse, by our own upbringing and environment? That we sometimes see things through an imperfect lens? And can you point to many blind spots among those whose beliefs and ideologies you reject? If so, perhaps we can explore some of our own blind spots here, and in this case, by “we” I mean we who are white Americans.
The truth be told, all of us, of all color and background, are much more inclined to see the blind spots of others, pointing out their biased thinking, their convoluted logic, their limited knowledge, and their faulty arguments. But how often do we examine our own points of view through that same lens of critical thinking?
A few years ago, after months of race-related discussion on my radio show, I put forth a simple thesis: White Americans often do not see racism when it is there. Black Americans often do see racism when it is not there.
Some, of course, found this thesis offensive. Many others, however, heartily agreed.
I suggest we test it out here.
As white Americans, when we watch the video of the tragic death of George Floyd, do we see this as race related? For many of us, the answer is no, even if we see it as an act of unjustified police brutality, worthy of conviction under the law (as the court ultimately ruled).

CARTOONS | Gary Varvel
View Cartoon

As for black Americans watching this video, this was yet another example of white brutality against an unarmed black man.
In response, we say, “But look at the facts. Look at the statistics. Only a dozen or so unarmed black men are killed by the police every year. You need to stop listening to the race-baiters.”
In response, our black friends say, “How many times have you been racially profiled? And do you need to have ‘the talk’ with your boys when they become teenagers, urging them to respond to police officers with the utmost respect lest they be shot? Or do you think we are just imagining the corporate pain that we feel?”
To be clear, and to reiterate what I have written and said elsewhere, I oppose the dangerous, anti-white curriculum that is popping up in schools across our nation. And I will continue to call out the false “white supremacist” accusations that are being hurled against us white conservatives by the hour.
At the same time, I must ask if we really want our children to know the painful truth of American history, one that is often more sordid than we would like to admit.
I was reminded of this when reading the new book by Charles Love called Race Crazy: BLM, 1619, and the Progressive Racism Movement. Love is a conservative black American who has appeared on Fox News and who is an opponent of CRT in our children’s schools. So, he is the opposite of a radical, race-baiting progressive.

Yet, when discussing one of the essays in The 1619 Project, he affirms some of the horrible realities of our past treatment of black Americans as pointed out by journalist Trymaine Lee, realities which still affect many black Americans today. (I remind you again that one of the purposes of Love’s book is to expose the dangerous biases in The 1619 Project, but here, there are facts he needed to affirm.)
For example, Lee points out that, on average, whites have 7 times the wealth of blacks in America. Love then writes (agreeing with Lee), “For the first seventy-five years post-slavery, this was nearly entirely the faulty of the government, either by racist laws or by negligence – taking no action as whites robbed, killed, and terrorized blacks.”
To illustrate this reality, Lee shares the story of Elmore Boling, a wealthy black businessman in Alabama who was murdered in 1947 by white men angered by his success. White creditors then took his money, leaving his family and descendants bereft of his wealth. Yet 1947 is not that long ago, and the effects of Boling’s murder and financial rape are still felt today by his grandchildren today.
Love then writes this: “Armed white people stormed prosperous majority-black Wilmington, North Carolina, in 1898 to murder dozens of black people, force 2,000 others off their property, and overthrow the city government. In the Red Summer of 1919, at least 240 black people were murdered across the country. And in 1921, in one of the bloodiest racial attacks in United States history, Greenwood, a prosperous black neighborhood in Tulsa, Oklahoma, was burned and looted. It is estimated that as many as 300 black people were murdered, and 10,000 were rendered homeless. Thirty-five square blocks were destroyed. No one was ever convicted in any of acts of racist violence.

Recommended
Tucker Carlson Described The 'Whole Point' Of The Kyle Rittenhouse Prosecution, And It's Horrifying Scott Morefield

“These were obvious acts of terrorism, but the government also played an active role in suppressing economic opportunities for blacks. . . .”
I can assure you that I never learned any of this as a child in school (at least, to the best of my memory).
Does this mean that white children today should be made to feel guilty about the past? Absolutely not – unless, of course, they are racists themselves, in which case they should be ashamed.
Does this mean that white kids should be identified as the oppressor class? No, no, no.
Does this even mean that white Americans should be paying out reparations to black Americans? Love himself writes, “I want to clearly state that I believe reparations were the proper response to slavery; I just believe the clock has run out on the payment.” Thus, we need to address the remaining inequities in more practical ways today.
Then what is the point of me sharing all this? It is simply that our black friends want us to listen and learn. They want us to understand their perspective. They want us to address our own blind spots. They want us to know our history better than many of us do, not just praising past American exceptionalism but also grieving over past American racism.

It is the least that we can do.

Comment - WTF - read and pay attention
along with other democraticommunist minions indoctrinated to CRT and OBLM Racism!
I happen to agree with everything he said.

Were you to stfu and listen every now and then you'd understand most folks aren't what YOU accuse them of being.

I in fact almost shot a shit talking black kid last Saturday. Lucky for him I didn't feel like being bothered with the ensuing fallout from such a shooting.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 09:57 AM   #7
Strokey_McDingDong
Account Frozen

Quote:
I don’t want you to do anything about the pain we have experienced. I just want you to listen.
LOL

Go talk to a psychologist, nub.

Your medicaid will pay for it.

LOL what a nub.
Strokey_McDingDong is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 10:57 AM   #8
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
on average, whites have 7 times the wealth of blacks in America.

There are literally thousands ( perhaps millions ) of Black people who have more money than I do. That's a fact in 21st century America.

An honest, comprehensive study of the subject would conclude that nothing resembling slavery, exists in today's America no matter how many race baiters on MSNBC tell you differently.

Of course telling appropriate age children ( certainly not single digit aged children ) our history is appropriate. It is the conflating the "nothing has changed for the better" aspect that must not be taught because it simply isn't true.
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 11:05 AM   #9
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Our history?

Critical Racism Theory?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

I see oeb’s cut and pasting skills have not improved.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 11:10 AM   #10
oeb11
Valued Poster

nothing the democraticommunists party purports - is True!
they live on Lies and hypocrisy.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 04:36 PM   #11
Strokey_McDingDong
Account Frozen

The gay thing is not listening or wanting to handout money to these people is now considered racist.

Like I give a fuck what some random fucker's skin color is or how shitty their life is.

It's got jack shit to do with me.

I didn't read the OP, btw.

I suppose if a person could be identified that has committed some kind of crime against you, then that would be worth listening to, but blaming an entire race of people or a system that seems to work for everyone else except you for you're failure in life is fucking gay.

All I did was take out student loans and then I got a job afterwards. Anyone is eligible for student loans, as long as they have above a 2.0 GPA. Maximum amount you can take out is like 80 thousand, which should be more than enough.

If you choose the right major (computer science or engineering), you can easily make 100k+ upon graduating or a few years after graduating.

If you're too much of a dipshit to cheat your way through engineering or computer science and pass with a curve or don't want to take out that much money, you can go to community college with a GED and become a technician in something relevant and make 50k afterwards.

You can get certified in various things like AWS development. You can apply to programs that will teach how to code and offer you a weekly stipend.

If you don't want to code, you can become a welder, or do whatever the fuck you want. What a bitch.
Strokey_McDingDong is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 06:21 PM   #12
oeb11
Valued Poster

As fiden said - teh pipeline workers can learn to 'Code"!
the new slavery of teh democraticommunist party ideology.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 06:25 PM   #13
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I happen to agree with everything he said.

Were you to stfu and listen every now and then you'd understand most folks aren't what YOU accuse them of being.

I in fact almost shot a shit talking black kid last Saturday. Lucky for him I didn't feel like being bothered with the ensuing fallout from such a shooting.
That's called Aggravated Assault. If he wanted to push the issue you could have still been charged. I am going to assume the gun was a good deterrent and he walked away with no further incident.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 06:43 PM   #14
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
That's called Aggravated Assault. If he wanted to push the issue you could have still been charged. I am going to assume the gun was a good deterrent and he walked away with no further incident.
He made a U turn on a one way street right in front I had to brake hard and all my papers fell to the floor. I almost T boned him. All I said was wtf and he went on some rant. He pulled up and I went past him and said you fucked with the wrong old white man. He dug under his front seat like he was looking for a handgun. Then went to his trunk and got out some red box and acted like he was taking something out got in his car and turned to get behind me...I backed up and he stopped...and I knew 99% sure he was just making a show. We were on the street by all the flower shops between Fannin and Main. Train passed, light turned green and I turned left on Main and let him pull up beside me...that was when I started thinking how much of a hassle it would be if he actually pulled a gun and I had to shoot his ass! He didn't have a gun and I got on the entrance ramp to 59 north.....thinking how stupid I had just been. Lucky for me he probably hadn't been schooled in CRT
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 06:53 PM   #15
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
He made a U turn on a one way street right in front I had to brake hard and all my papers fell to the floor. I almost T boned him. All I said was wtf and he went on some rant. He pulled up and I went past him and said you fucked with the wrong old white man. He dug under his front seat like he was looking for a handgun. Then went to his trunk and got out some red box and acted like he was taking something out got in his car and turned to get behind me...I backed up and he stopped...and I knew 99% sure he was just making a show. We were on the street by all the flower shops between Fannin and Main. Train passed, light turned green and I turned left on Main and let him pull up beside me...that was when I started thinking how much of a hassle it would be if he actually pulled a gun and I had to shoot his ass! He didn't have a gun and I got on the entrance ramp to 59 north.....thinking how stupid I had just been. Lucky for me he probably hadn't been schooled in CRT

u go tuffy! no one gonna mess with tuffy! tuffy knows when to be tuffy.

this u tuffy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwaoxTfepDY
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women