Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70548
biomed161608
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453120
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48046
pyramider46370
bambino40795
CryptKicker37137
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-17-2013, 06:48 AM   #1
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default Bill Maher Suffering From Sticker Shock

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...ctually-lose-m

So, Bill Maher is starting to get concerned about high taxes.

Welcome to the real world.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Political ideas turning into realities and then WTF!! We actually
have to live with this now. Taxes in California are outrageous
so many people and companies are jumping ship, then who
will be left to pay for everything, and further down it goes.
Classic action/reaction.

The entitlement masses flock to the entitlement states and the ones
paying the bill try and get the hell out.
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #3
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

When almost half of the people pay nothing is half of what you make fair?

If half pays nothing then would the other half paying nothing be fair?

The idea of fairness, that is not truly fair, creates an inequality that divides this nation.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #4
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Exactly. Thats why we need to make sure the wealthiest 1% pays their fucking taxes!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #5
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Apparently Bill Maher, who is in the upper 1%, is tired of paying his "fair Share"
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

I am no where near the 1 percent and I still pay too much in taxes. I do not piss and moan about the 1 percent either. It is the 49*percent of the 99 percent that needs to unass some taxes. The 1percent pays the bulk of all the taxes and the burden needs to be shared by all.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #7
gary5912
Account Disabled

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...ctually-lose-m

So, Bill Maher is starting to get concerned about high taxes.

Welcome to the real world.

well when the Hollywood pricks have to pay 75% of their income to the gov. like they do in France maybe they will wise up NOT
gary5912 is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #8
gary5912
Account Disabled

Encounters: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
I am no where near the 1 percent and I still pay too much in taxes. I do not piss and moan about the 1 percent either. It is the 49*percent of the 99 percent that needs to unass some taxes. The 1percent pays the bulk of all the taxes and the burden needs to be shared by all.
Convincing liberals of that is going to be impossible
gary5912 is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:05 PM   #9
texasfeet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Bill Maher is an arrogant, smug, elitist douche bag and the biggest crime outside of him having a show is the fact that he dated karrine "superhead" steffans...
texasfeet is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #10
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfeet View Post
Bill Maher is an arrogant, smug, elitist douche bag and the biggest crime outside of him having a show is the fact that he dated karrine "superhead" steffans...
He should be called Bill "superhead" Maher...LOL
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #11
Ducbutter
Valued Poster

Maher says, "I just saw these statistics," he continued, "I mean, something like 70 percent."

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sh...#ixzz2NpidLCSR

He just saw the stats?
And he claims republicans live in a bubble. Where the fuck has he been?
Ducbutter is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #12
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

What you numbnuts fail to realize is that Americans want shit but do not want to pay for it.

That is a problem with our society as a whole, not just the poor.

Anybody bitching about the poor not paying their fair share does not understand regressive taxes or the concept of not being able to squeeze blood from a turnip.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #13
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

He's getting what he asked for. i don't see why he's bitching.

But he was a bit off when we said "Liberals, you could lose me".

What he really meant to say was "47%, you could lose me".
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #14
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
What you numbnuts fail to realize is that Americans want shit but do not want to pay for it. Wow! Of course! None of us numbnuts EVER realized that. Thank heaven for WTF! He's here to explain the obvious that all the rest of us missed. He has such insight.

That is a problem with our society as a whole, not just the poor. OK. Now you've lost us. If the rich (top 10% or so) are paying over 70% of taxes, then how can they want shit they aren't paying for? Clearly they ARE paying.

Anybody bitching about the poor not paying their fair share does not understand regressive taxes or the concept of not being able to squeeze blood from a turnip. Nooooo. I don't think the complaint is that the poor aren't paying their fair share. It is that they are only too happy to vote for benefits that OTHERS pay for.
Some day soon, grasshopper, you will post something about taxes and spending that makes just a tiny bit of sense. Until that day, we will keep our fingers crossed.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #15
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Originally Posted by WTF
What you numbnuts fail to realize is that Americans want shit but do not want to pay for it. Wow! Of course! None of us numbnuts EVER realized that. Thank heaven for WTF! He's here to explain the obvious that all the rest of us missed. He has such insight. And thank YOU for misunderstanding his point! You failed to connect the next two sentences before condemning this one!

That is a problem with our society as a whole, not just the poor. OK. Now you've lost us. If the rich (top 10% or so) are paying over 70% of taxes, then how can they want shit they aren't paying for? Clearly they ARE paying. And perhaps he was thinking of Exxon-Mobil, General Electric and other corporate asswipes that DON'T pay their fair share but instead get billions in tax subsidies and pay a lower rate than a guy making $40K per year! It sounds as though you think that is a "fair share".

Anybody bitching about the poor not paying their fair share does not understand regressive taxes or the concept of not being able to squeeze blood from a turnip. Nooooo. I don't think the complaint is that the poor aren't paying their fair share. It is that they are only too happy to vote for benefits that OTHERS pay for. Moron alert. Ever try paying to feed, clothe and care for two children on the wages "allotted" by employers who play games with the term "full-time" and hire two workers to work a normal full-time weekly shift in order to avoid paying benefits and even a living wage? Maybe you'd have a more accurate idea of the rut dug for workers if you took some of those things into consideration. Do you realize that Wal-Mart pays a wage so low that over 41% of their work force is eligible for federal income subsidies. You are supposedly a smart guy, right? Why would you think we should be subsidizing Wal-Mart's workforce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
Some day soon, grasshopper, you will post something about taxes and spending that makes just a tiny bit of sense. Until that day, we will keep our fingers crossed.
As far as making sense, "Noel the Moron" at the half-witted Newsbusters site is serial misstater of most facts.

While he may not name Obama in this piece, his bashing of liberals effervesces from his polluted blog articles and his decidedly low-information brain. The fact that Maher's taxes were somewhere in the neighborhood of 55% was because of the California income tax.

Obama's measly suspension of the Bush Tax Cuts accounted for less than 4% of the total taxes paid by ANYONE.

Now, explain to us AGAIN why Exxon-Mobil or General Electric needs to pay a lower tax rate than the divorced mother of two cleaning the floors at Wal-Mart!

The federal deficit has hit a five-year low but you wouldn't know it reading posts by the Rat Wing here!

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/feb...r-low-20130205
Little Stevie is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women