Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54
Default We can't refuel an aircraft carrier?

The navy has announced that it will delay refueling the USS Abraham Lincoln because of budget concerns. Note that, not budget short falls but budget concerns. This comes a day after it was announced the delay of the deployment of the USS Harry S. Truman to the Persian Gulf which cuts our military might in half. A couple of cruise missiles strikes and we have no air support.

http://news.usni.org/2013/02/08/navy...rier-readiness

Here is my quandry; we are scheduled to spend more this year than last year but we are having money problems in the military (recall my post earlier this week where Leon Pantyliner is talking about cutting military pay). We are spending more and we can't deploy a carrier to a trouble site. We are spending more and we can't refuel a carrier which puts it out of commission. We are spending more and Obama apparently wants to "balance" his budget on the backs of the men and women wearing the uniform of this country. Of course, he has no budget and he cares nothing about balancing anything.

http://articles.dailypress.com/2013-...nt-budget-bill

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/20...-for-military/

Defense of this country is the FIRST, MOST IMPORTANT responsibility of this government especially the CIC Obama. He is failing in an epic fashion. He has allowed Americans to be killed through inaction. He has violated the law, he has violated his oath of office, he has lied (BIIIGGGG Lies) to the American people, he has allowed sensitive technology to be transferred to China, he has the mentality of a foreigner regardless if he was born in Hawaii or not.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Air force spent all the funds. One billion on a computer system that they are scrapping.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:56 AM   #3
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

I guess they will not accept our credit card over in the Persian gulf.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #4
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Cutting essential spending instead of cutting wasteful spending is a political tactic. It makes it look like all government spending is necessary; the liberals want people to think if we cut a penny, we immediately suffer.

There is enormous waste in the four trillion dollar federal budget. To say that controlling spending is going to require that we must compromise national security is nonsense. When it comes to reducing spending, liberals never cut fat; they always cut muscle and bone. They don't fire administrators and eliminate redundant programs, they fire teachers, cops and firemen.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Aren't aircraft carriers run on nuclear power?
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Yes the USS Abraham Lincoln is nuclear powered. I guess "delaying the refueling" could mean uranium or diesel used for generators.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #7
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

If they ran on bullshit it would be easy to refuel them.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #8
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
The navy has announced that it will delay refueling the USS Abraham Lincoln because of budget concerns. Note that, not budget short falls but budget concerns. This comes a day after it was announced the delay of the deployment of the USS Harry S. Truman to the Persian Gulf which cuts our military might in half. A couple of cruise missiles strikes and we have no air support.

http://news.usni.org/2013/02/08/navy...rier-readiness

Here is my quandry; we are scheduled to spend more this year than last year but we are having money problems in the military (recall my post earlier this week where Leon Pantyliner is talking about cutting military pay). We are spending more and we can't deploy a carrier to a trouble site. We are spending more and we can't refuel a carrier which puts it out of commission. We are spending more and Obama apparently wants to "balance" his budget on the backs of the men and women wearing the uniform of this country. Of course, he has no budget and he cares nothing about balancing anything.

http://articles.dailypress.com/2013-...nt-budget-bill

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/20...-for-military/

Defense of this country is the FIRST, MOST IMPORTANT responsibility of this government especially the CIC Obama. He is failing in an epic fashion. He has allowed Americans to be killed through inaction. He has violated the law, he has violated his oath of office, he has lied (BIIIGGGG Lies) to the American people, he has allowed sensitive technology to be transferred to China, he has the mentality of a foreigner regardless if he was born in Hawaii or not.
That's all bullshit mind games for the LIV's out there. The administration puts this crap out and the complicit press propogates it to the masses. Nothing more than scare tactics to give the libtards traction on budget issues.
EXTXOILMAN is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #9
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
If they ran on bullshit it would be easy to refuel them.

Then send them some of yours, you've got more than your "fair share"...
EXTXOILMAN is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #10
carguy1989
Premium Access

Encounters: 93

I could be wrong, but I believe that the only petro - fuel on a carrier is for the aircraft. ALL the rest of the power on board a nuke boat comes from the power of ther reactors. Hopefully no one in the Persian Gulf would have fuel for one of our carriers.
carguy1989 is online now   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #11
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

How is having one more aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf defending the United States? It's keeping the price of oil low, perhaps, but not defending out country. Perhaps the U.S. petroleum industry should pay to have it refueled.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #12
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Perhaps the U.S. petroleum industry should pay to have it refueled.
And who would repay the U.S. petroleum industry?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #13
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Here is my quandry; we are scheduled to spend more this year than last year but we are having money problems in the military (recall my post earlier this week where Leon Pantyliner is talking about cutting military pay). We are spending more and we can't deploy a carrier to a trouble site. We are spending more and we can't refuel a carrier which puts it out of commission. We are spending more and Obama apparently wants to "balance" his budget on the backs of the men and women wearing the uniform of this country.
This is why I do not understand all of the crisis type of comments on the sequester issue. If we are still spending as much as we did last year where is the problem. Will they have to budget better and work on eliminating waste? Of course. But how is that a bad thing? The key is that the cuts are reductions of increases and not real cuts. The entire federal government should have no increases for a few years.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #14
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTXOILMAN View Post
Then send them some of yours, you've got more than your "fair share"...

You first.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #15
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Why the concern about the sequester? (by the way, aircraft carriers run on nuclear power and a "refueling" takes a long time) Imagine your household budget. Lets go with $100,000 of annual income but the family spends $130,000-$150,000 every year. They have also signed a number of documents obligating them to paying for cars, boats, the main house, the vacation house, college educations, charitable donations, etc but the family owes people over $2,000,000 that they don't have. The ratio is much higher but lets not get into numbers that people can't understand. The father (Obama) puts it to the mother (Congress) that they spend way too much and he thinks she should ask for a raise at her job. She replies that she could only expect to get another $2,000 (taxes on the rich) a year and if they stop going out every Friday for movies (green energy) then they would save over $2,000 a year. If the father would stop going out at the end of everyday for happy hour (union/crony paybacks) they could save another $2,000. If the family stopped buying new shoes for the kids every month (pet pork projects) the could save $3,000 for the year. In fact, the mother says that we should scale back their spending to what it was 12 years ago when the father said things were good. Instead the father says that he will start withholding payments for car insurance and homeowners insurance (not like we ever use them). The father says that we should have the dogs put to sleep to save money on food (the military) but he refuses to give up his happy hour and the fun weekends.

There is so much waste in our budget (if they actually had a budget) that they could save over a trillion dollars over ten years (why do we use ten years as a marker? Oh, yeah, Obama speak) and the government would barely notice it. But the typical democratic fear tactic used by city, state, and federal democrats has always been to threaten to cut something important unless they get a pay raise. Take our own Kansas City. The mayor wanted a tax increase so what did she do (Kay Waldo Barnes)? She said that unless she got the increase she would have to furlough police officers and firemen while still spending money of art projects for the airport and renovationg her office for over a million dollars. The firemen were her biggest supporters and she would never screw them over (she got them a 13% pay raise) but the local media carried her message to the public supported by the city council (100% democrat). It was an off year election so turnout was less than 15% and taxes went up. Fear and lies! The weapons of the liberals.

In case you were wondering; an overhaul of a carrier is almost 3 years and that is when refueling takes place. The side of the ship has to be opened up and several decks cut out.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women