Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70677
biomed162343
Yssup Rider60202
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48383
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41238
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-09-2021, 01:02 PM   #1
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98
Default The next Libtard Attempt to rip-off hard working Americans

AOC Says Taxpayers Should Have to Pay Her $17K Student Loan—Even Though She Makes $174K a Year

As a member of Congress, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez makes a whopping $174,000 annually, meaning that she individually earns more than twice the average U.S. household’s income. Yet the progressive Democrat nonetheless thinks that working-class taxpayers should have to pay off her student loan debt.

That’s one of the main takeaways from Ocasio-Cortez’s latest speech on the House floor. In the congresswoman’s remarks, she issued yet another factually challenged and morally distorted plea for “student debt cancellation,” a progressive euphemism for having taxpayers pay off approximately $1.6 trillion in student loan debt. (The loans aren’t “canceled” magically but paid off by taxpayers. Congress can’t just make debts go away.)

https://fee.org/articles/aoc-says-ta...s-174k-a-year/
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 04:30 PM   #2
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Shows you what an economics degree is worth these days.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 05:39 PM   #3
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Shows you what an economics degree is worth these days.
Yeah - AOC needs to ask her college for a refund
Old 12-09-2021, 05:43 PM   #4
DrivesAllDay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

She is the handicapped kid in class they bring out to throw a basketball or make a touch down for a home game as a feel good gesture.

If you haven't heard, she also doesnt believe the "smash & grab" robberies happened.
DrivesAllDay is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 11:58 PM   #5
berryberry
Valued Poster

I think AOC in her case also stands for All Out Crazy
Old 12-10-2021, 09:44 AM   #6
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 82

Do any of you support any of the student loan grants (federal or state) currently in place? Do you support the idea of community colleges being tuition free or part of a program in any case where either a means test, or perhaps a completion of the same would grant the graduate a tax deduction equal to the tuition they paid? There are numerous reviews of cases of the economics that supports providing those situations where the added income tax of those with degree's becomes a plus net gain to offset the benefits of a degree and incentivizing ppl to get them.
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 11:31 AM   #7
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Fine, but I want a refund on the several hundred K I spent actually paying for my kids educations.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 12:30 PM   #8
eyecu2
Premium Access

I'm not suggesting free 4 yr degrees but training for either a trade or associate level degree where costs don't include room / board etc but rather tuition only. I realize many trades are that way with joining of a union and dues etc, but what about ppl who are interested in non trades work. I think a total of 8-12k is about the cost for an associate degree at most local PA community colleges. A more educated workforce means generally higher incomes and higher potential taxes from income to localities. Not trying to tie this to private schools or your elite colleges. It's kinda like how in-state tuition used to be cheap for state schools. My undergrad back in the 80s was 7 grand in tuition...now that college costs 56k in tuition only. This is absurd, and yeah they made college super posh compared to what it was as far as dorms etc...but I'm not including that expense in this. I'm talking about local community schools where the location is commutable. I would totally support those schools for a tuition assistance or taxable write-off. These ppl would be much better investments than other social programs that have a zero sum gain potential. At least here is a potential for positive net results.
Old 12-10-2021, 12:31 PM   #9
berryberry
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecu2 View Post
Do any of you support any of the student loan grants (federal or state) currently in place? Do you support the idea of community colleges being tuition free
Hell no. Someone wants to go to college, they need to pay for it themselves (unless the college or some private entity gives them a scholarship - not the taxpayers)

I paid for my own college. Paid for my kid. Why the fuck should I pay for some other kids? If they want to go, their parents should pay or the kid should pay by enrolling in a real major that will lead to a good job

Also, four other points:

1. A lot of kids should not be attending college. They would be better off taking up a trade. Should electricians, sheet metal workers, mill hunkies, etc. pay for someone else to go to college to party and earn some degree in a garbage liberal arts field that qualify them to work at a fucking Starbucks?

2. Colleges to some extent are a scam. In two ways - one with some of the worthless fields of study (there are some legit fields but many other worthless ones), but moreso in that they are way overpriced. And the reason many of them became overpriced is thanks to government loans. Costs exploded when the gov't provided loans for kids to attend college. Costs will explode even more if the Government forces all taxpayers to pay for other people's college.

3. Nearly all colleges are far too left- the indoctrination of our youth by sick leftists must stop. I certainly don't want to pay for that

4, Community college is already subsidized and dirt cheap for those who desire it
Old 12-10-2021, 02:18 PM   #10
DrivesAllDay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

For some useful degrees, I would have no problem if a year or two was free.
DrivesAllDay is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 07:26 PM   #11
paintedbynumbers
Premium Access

Encounters: 50

How many hundreds of thousands of people had to pay ridiculous ammts of money to attend college? I know I did. How many people had to work 2-3 jobs in order to pay for college? And now because everyone gets a trophy they want to allow everyone a free ride? Fuck that noise. If they want to go back and credit every single person who had to pay student loans back the money it's one thing but this generous is already lazy and entitled and now we are making it easier for them to be this way. Nobody wants to work anymore and this right here is why. Free rides for everyone.
paintedbynumbers is offline   Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 10:09 PM   #12
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedbynumbers View Post
How many hundreds of thousands of people had to pay ridiculous ammts of money to attend college? I know I did. How many people had to work 2-3 jobs in order to pay for college? And now because everyone gets a trophy they want to allow everyone a free ride? Fuck that noise. If they want to go back and credit every single person who had to pay student loans back the money it's one thing but this generous is already lazy and entitled and now we are making it easier for them to be this way. Nobody wants to work anymore and this right here is why. Free rides for everyone.
... Eyecu2 got a solid point or two there, but yeah, IF the
government forgives monnies from these loans NOW,
a bleedin' LOT of people - who PAYED their-own
college are surely gonna be bluer than a shithouse rat!

And the lawsuits against university ALL ACROSS THE LAND
will start.

just sayin'

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 09:22 AM   #13
anmar85
Premium Access

Encounters: 41

Quote:
I'm not suggesting free 4 yr degrees but training for either a trade or associate level degree where costs don't include room / board etc but rather tuition only. I realize many trades are that way with joining of a union and dues etc, but what about ppl who are interested in non trades work. I think a total of 8-12k is about the cost for an associate degree at most local PA community colleges. A more educated workforce means generally higher incomes and higher potential taxes from income to localities. Not trying to tie this to private schools or your elite colleges. It's kinda like how in-state tuition used to be cheap for state schools. My undergrad back in the 80s was 7 grand in tuition...now that college costs 56k in tuition only. This is absurd, and yeah they made college super posh compared to what it was as far as dorms etc...but I'm not including that expense in this. I'm talking about local community schools where the location is commutable. I would totally support those schools for a tuition assistance or taxable write-off. These ppl would be much better investments than other social programs that have a zero sum gain potential. At least here is a potential for positive net results.

I think a majority of people in this country support this idea. There's clearly some potential benefits to making community college free at point of service. Sadly we happen to live in a national community where we need to weigh the potential benefits of change equally with people saying "Fuck that! If stuff sucked for me it should have to suck for everyone else!"

It's almost like we need a barrier for entry in education so that some groups can stay less educated than others.
anmar85 is offline   Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 03:31 PM   #14
eyecu2
Premium Access

I will add this, and that is "perception of value". Some people do not give two shits about something that's free, so I'm not suggesting that college should be "free"., As it would intrinsically become less valuable in some people's minds. But I think that if someone can write off that expense 100% against earned income let's say over 2 to 5 year period, or something similar, then it really becomes valuable to not only the person who attended School, but also valuable to the overall net increase to the coffers of local state taxes. Reason being is that likely their increased incomes would offset any of those write-offs by comparison. I think there are likely a few other alternatives as well, but my input is that we're not looking to make it "free up front", but rather offset the expense of community college or a trade school , so to make it affordable for those who want to go, and make use of their trades by creating income. Not those who are looking just to get a degree and sit on their ass. That is not the intent
Old 12-11-2021, 05:03 PM   #15
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
I will add this, and that is "perception of value". Some people do not give two shits about something that's free, so I'm not suggesting that college should be "free"., As it would intrinsically become less valuable in some people's minds. But I think that if someone can write off that expense 100% against earned income let's say over 2 to 5 year period, or something similar, then it really becomes valuable to not only the person who attended School, but also valuable to the overall net increase to the coffers of local state taxes. Reason being is that likely their increased incomes would offset any of those write-offs by comparison. I think there are likely a few other alternatives as well, but my input is that we're not looking to make it "free up front", but rather offset the expense of community college or a trade school , so to make it affordable for those who want to go, and make use of their trades by creating income. Not those who are looking just to get a degree and sit on their ass. That is not the intent
How about abolishing the Federal Income tax and the IRS. Both unconstitutional

I guess you're not aware that income taxes are unlawful and against the original Constitution for the Republic. By not paying my income taxes, I'm testing the waters and since they agreed to give me until 2022, it gives me time to wait and see what happens with NESARA. We know that income taxes are abolished under NESARA because they are unlawful.
bambino is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women