Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70705
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60319
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48427
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41462
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 10-04-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Default Life in the Land of the Perpertually Offended...

Seriously...??
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++
Arizona police officer asked not to wear uniform at daughter’s school

Published October 03, 2013

FoxNews.com

A police officer who dropped off his daughter at her Phoenix elementary school was asked by the school’s principal not to wear his uniform to the school because other parents were concerned that he was carrying a gun, MyFoxPhoenix.com reported.

Scott Urkov is a police officer for the Coolidge Police Department. The department told him not to comment to media inquiries, but immediately after he received the no-uniform request, he posted on Facebook.

"Nothing like your kids school calling and asking if I could not come to pick up my daughter in uniform cause parents were concerned when their kids came home telling them there was a man at school with a gun, “ he posted. “Are you freaking kidding me?"

His daughter attends Entz Elementary School, which is in the Mesa Unified School District. A district spokeswoman told the station that "some parents" voiced concern about seeing a fully armed police officer on the school’s campus. The spokeswoman apologized that Urkov perhaps took the discussion the wrong way. "It was not the intent of the principal to offend him," the spokeswoman said.

"Well I was a little surprised," said parent Blaine Spencer. "I think that it's his right to wear that in public. Even if my kids saw that I think they'd feel more protected to see a man in uniform at their school."

Meanwhile, school officials' initial reaction was to ask the officer not to wear his gun and uniform to school, they are now saying they want to turn this incident into "a teachable moment."

They invited the officer to a special assembly to talk about what police officers do for the community.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/03/arizona-police-officer-asked-not-to-wear-uniform-at-daughters-school/
EXTXOILMAN is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Wow - police officers are required to be armed in their city and are permitted to carry off duty. He should tell them to fuck off. One day they might need him, though.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

There are some rather stupid people in every profession, but elementary school officials seem to have a larger fraction that the normal population.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #4
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

This story is just wrong on a number of levels.

Maybe it isn't a story at all...

Nice one, jack hole.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:56 PM   #5
lostincypress
Valued Poster

Yes, the perpetually offended faction can get tiresome. Their constant whining about others' appearance being offensive, stores not honoring their favorite religious holiday as they deem appropriate, textbooks that teach evolution, nudity in movies, people not saying Merry Christmas, schools celebrating seasonal holidays, taxpayer funded facilities not displaying the Ten Commandments, religions whose beliefs differ, ridiculing those who find open carry of M 15's and AK 47's as frightening, video games they disapprove of, music not suited to their taste, alternative sexual lifestyles...........they just stay OFFENDED. Great point.
lostincypress is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Wonder if they make hookers wear civvies when they pick up their kids?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Rig Hand, I will have to yield to your well documented history of being offended, perpetually. Care for some cheese with your whine, little bitch?
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #8
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4Candy View Post
Rig Hand, I will have to yield to your well documented history of being offended, perpetually. Care for some cheese with your whine, little bitch?
It's okay, CandyAss, I know it's tough not to be bitchy when you get bitch-slapped twice in the same nite. (Was that redundant...?? But I repeat myself...) Just call your male nurse to change your Depends so you can rest comfortably tonite.TTFN!!
Old 10-05-2013, 12:50 AM   #9
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I remember a letter to Dear Abby about 30 years ago. A wife was concerned about the pistol her husband carried. It seems that her husband was a cop. He would come home and put his pistol in a box on the top shelf of a closet. She was afraid of the piece of metal. Dear Abby put her tits in a wringer when her advice was to sneak in and remove the bullets. It would make the wife feel safer and she didn't have to tell her husband. Abby had to issue a rare apology but you could tell she didn't understand.

For the terminally stupid, when you're on a ship before satellite TV or phones you read every word of the rare newspaper.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:02 AM   #10
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Wonder if they make hookers wear civvies when they pick up their kids?
Not if they are doing an outcall to the principal that day. Exemption.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:49 AM   #11
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

What! Another Obama exemption!
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:45 AM   #12
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
What! Another Obama exemption!
Naaaaawwwwww.....

He's particular about his exemptions ..

Wonder when he's gonna speak ought about his recent admirer/obsessor who tried to crash through the defensive perimeter to the People's House ... speaking of the police.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #13
EXTXOILMAN
Valued Poster

More fodder for the mill...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

Student's NRA T-Shirt Fires Up Controversy at High School

By Alexis Clark, Senior Features Editor

A California high school got a lesson in how to say sorry this week.

Canyon High School, based in Anaheim Hills, issued an apology to 16-year-old Haley Bullwinkle, a student there, after first telling her that a T-shirt she wore to school violated its dress code policy on clothes depicting and promoting violence. The garment in question: a T-shirt with a photo of the American flag and a hunter, along with the words, “National Rifle Association of America, Protecting America’s Traditions Since 1871.”

It never occurred to the sophomore that the shirt she grabbed when she was running late for school a couple of weeks ago would land her in trouble with officials. But Bullwinkle was confronted by a security guard outside of class and told she had to change her shirt or face a suspension. She cooperated and wore a top the school provided for the duration of the day, but the incident frightened the teenager, and outraged her parents.

In an interview with a local news station, Haley's father, Jeb Bullwinkle, who received the NRA shirt after he joined the organization, said he was shocked that the school would think his daughter was promoting violence by wearing the T-shirt. “Haley is an excellent student. She doesn’t get into trouble and would never harm or hurt anyone.” The Bullwinkles said the school’s policy challenged Haley’s First Amendment rights.

“At first, it was just kind of me wearing that shirt to school like an everyday thing,” Haley said in the local news interview. “But now I feel it’s a symbol of my rights that I’m supposed to have as an American.”

Canyon High School has since changed course on the matter. Calls from Yahoo Shine to principal Kimberly Fricker and superintendent Michael Christensen weren’t returned, but Fricker did apologize to the Bullwinkle family. Superintendent Christensen also released a statement saying, “Campus staff will be trained so that an incident like this does not occur again.”

It’s not clear what kind of training will be implemented, but child psychologist and author of "The Self-Aware Parent," Dr. Fran Walfish tells Yahoo Shine that she understands the points of view of both the school and the parents. “We have an increase in violence in schools, so when a student wears anything provocative that stirs up a controversial issue like guns or being pro-guns, schools will react,” she says. “I think schools have a right to enforce a dress code, but it should be clear and concise to avoid any misunderstandings like these. And it sounds like this was not handled properly.”

Firearms attorney Chuck Michel, who has represented the NRA and is working with the Bullwinkle family, tells Yahoo Shine in an email, "We applaud the school’s recognition of Haley’s right to freedom of expression and are thankful that common sense has won out over political correctness in this case. To avoid future cases like this, we hope the school district revises its dress code to more accurately define what constitutes a threat of violence."

Walfish says that an open dialogue about dress codes between parents, students and school officials would help eliminate incidents like these, in which students feel unfairly targeted. “Everyone should go into an auditorium — teachers, parents, principals, students and administrators — and give everyone a chance to be heard and validated. Then it will be up to the administration to make a decision on a dress code that has strict, clear rules.”

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/ana...1960.html?vp=1
Old 10-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #14
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTXOILMAN View Post
Life in the Land of the Perpertually Offended...

!!
This from the MOFO that got offended by some God Damn park being shutdown!

Talk about a hypocrite...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I remember a letter to Dear Abby about 30 years ago. .

At least we know where JD gets all his info , from Dear Abby!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:37 PM   #15
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

That was the letter he sent to the KC Star that got edited.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women