Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 258
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70655
biomed162213
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453193
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48317
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41212
CryptKicker37166
Mokoa36490
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-13-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
timpage
Account Disabled

Default Afghan massacre

These murders of Afghan civilians by a member of the US army, mostly women and children, are a horrible thing. This American serviceman must have just gone insane, for whatever reason.

But, I can't help but be amazed at the reaction by the Afghans. Demonstrating and raising all sorts of hell. Where is all the outrage when their fellow countrymen stroll into a market or a church and detonate a suicide bomb vest, killing dozens of women and children? Again, I don't post this to in any way justify or support what our guy did. But, I missed all the demonstrations and wailing and bitching when their own people blew them up. And that has happened scores of times.

We got to get out of that place.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
CJ7
Valued Poster

its the presidents fault for not being there to stop it.
eos

bottom line, we need to get the hell out of the mid east and leave those miserable pukes to their own fucking design. Enough is enough.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
its the presidents fault for not being there to stop it.
eos

bottom line, we need to get the hell out of the mid east and leave those miserable pukes to their own fucking design. Enough is enough.
I agree. Islamic countries are all basket cases. I say we get out of Afganistan and if they harbor terrorists again, carpet bomb them.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

The whole fucking region isn't worth the first drop of our soldiers' blood spilled there. Not another drop, not another dime for these fuckers.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
CJ7
Valued Poster

Russia was there 10 years pissing on their feet before they hauled ass.

Russia is smarter than we are.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

That "noble cause" thing ran out long time ago.

As a Vietnam Vet, it did not bother me one bit when we finally said, "screw this shit", and got the hell out.

The minute we leave Afganistan, it will turn right back into the same shithole it has been for centurys. No amount of American Blood spilled will change this.

We all know why we went to Afganistan. 9-11. But, why are we still there over 10 years later?

Putin and all of his cronies must get a good laugh out of this.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

When we commit troops to a useless war, limit their rules of engagement, place them in constant harms way away from everyone they love, and no real reason to be there, what could possibly go wrong?

It's amazing more haven't gone crazy. We need to get them home, cared for and treated. This is not fair to them or anyone else. What a stupid goddam war. Bush and Obama should be put on trial for crimes against humanity.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
Grifter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

The biggest flaw in the US governments approach to use of the military is that we try to use soldiers to win the hearts and minds. If you arent committed to breaking the enemies will to fight then just go in get OBL and leave. The rest is just a waste of fucking time.
Grifter is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #9
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
That "noble cause" thing ran out long time ago.

As a Vietnam Vet, it did not bother me one bit when we finally said, "screw this shit", and got the hell out.

The minute we leave Afganistan, it will turn right back into the same shithole it has been for centurys. No amount of American Blood spilled will change this.

We all know why we went to Afganistan. 9-11. But, why are we still there over 10 years later?

Putin and all of his cronies must get a good laugh out of this.

Thank you for your service, Sir.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #10
Jackie S
Valued Poster

You are welcome, Sir.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
misc.adventure
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

It would be easy to write this kid off as a bad apple and forget about him but in my opinion it would also be ignorant to do so.

Life in a combat zone isn't all apples and shiny gems... It's life or death.

This kid spent his days going out the wire, fighting an unidentifiable enemy. An enemy that hides among the people. Can you imagine how difficult it is not to treat EVERYONE as a threat because you can't identify who the threat really is?
Imagine walking out your door knowing that 50% of the people around you are armed and WANT you dead... but they blend in perfectly with the innocent people that you are charged with protecting. Do it for 365 days... with a 1 year break in between cycles....

Then do it 3 more times and tell me that won't fuck with your perception of reality...

Some people break... There is no evidence that he was a heartless blood thirsty killer...

Look, at some point this Soldier showed signs of reaching his breaking point and either his battle buddies and his leadership took his comments as jokes or HOOAH army moments but Id wager he said something to someone....

His leadership failed him. He will have to accept responsiblity for his actions, and he should. But his leadership, his battle buddies, and his unit are partially to blame for letting it go this far.
misc.adventure is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #12
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

+1. Welcome aboard, misc.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #13
Jackie S
Valued Poster

One problem that we have with our current Military is there is no end in sight.

When I was drafted back in 1968 and was sent to Vietnam, I knew that no matter what, one year was it. They could not do anything to send me back. All you had to do was survive that year.

With todays soldiers having to go back, and then back again, and back again, into those hell holes, it is no wonder we have incidents such as this.

Look, we got what we wanted. We now have, for all purposes, a mercenary army. Now, before you go and say 'how dare you say that about our brave men and women", think about it. We are now paying out young men and women to fight our wars for us so that we do not miss the next season of Dancing with the Stars, or miss finding out who the Bachelor will pick as his "bride"

If it were not for the evening news telling us, the vast majority of Americans would not even know that we have been involved in two real life shooting wars for the past 10+ years. Just ask yourself. Have you missed anything, or suffered one bit.

Unless you know of someone who is actually involved, I doubt you have.

One of the contributing factors to the downfall of any civilization is when they finally get too fat, and too complacent, to fight their own wars.

Just ask the Romans.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #14
CJ7
Valued Poster

Im damn sure not throwing rocks at the soldier ... EVER.

ditto misc, well put
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #15
misc.adventure
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

thanks guys--was active duty in the United States Marine Corps for 5 years. fortunately, I never served in combat, but I have some really good friends who did, and to this day some of them just don't want to talk about the shit they saw. semper fi.
misc.adventure is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women