Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70703
biomed162498
Yssup Rider60316
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48424
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41461
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35820
Mojojo33117

Old 11-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Default November 22, 1963

And the conspiracy loons are already out.

I was 9 years old that day and I still remember everything that happened that weekend.

I was sitting with my Dad watching TV when Oswald was killed.

I was a conspiracy loon for years too but now I am totally convinced that Oswald acted alone.

TV is full of all kinds of shows right now. Some are pretty good. I thought Parkland was excellent. Killing Kennedy with Rob Lowe was awful.

But even after 50 years............it still hurts.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
CJ7
Valued Poster

me too .... first human I ever saw shot, and killed. My mom turned off the TV and made me go outside.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #3
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
And the conspiracy loons are already out.

I was 9 years old that day and I still remember everything that happened that weekend.

I was sitting with my Dad watching TV when Oswald was killed.

I was a conspiracy loon for years too but now I am totally convinced that Oswald acted alone.

TV is full of all kinds of shows right now. Some are pretty good. I thought Parkland was excellent. Killing Kennedy with Rob Lowe was awful.

What has convinced you Oswald acted alone?
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I was 9 years old that day

I thought women only lied about their ages!
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post

go hijack one of whirlies threads
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post
Once the so called "Magic Bullet" was proven to be possible, and I have seen several lab studies that duplicated it exactly, you've eliminated a second gunman. Everything else is just speculation. There is no other proof of another persons involvement.

Also read Gerald Posner's "Case Closed".

The Warren Report was not accurate...but it was close. Close enough.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
Shhhhhhh........
Old 11-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #8
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post

LOL, here we go.

I could come up with a million of these types of questions and I'm sure a conspiracy buff will have some sort of whacky answer but....one of the reasons, among many, that I've always been convinced that Oswald acted alone is because he got the job at the Texas School Book Depository about a month before the route of the Kennedy motorcade became public knowledge. Nobody knew what route the motorcade would take until a few days before Kennedy arrived in Dallas when they (unbelievably, at least nowadays) published the route in the newspaper. Oswald had been working there since October.

So, was Oswald just incredibly lucky when he picked a building that would provide him with a skillet shot on the passing motorcade? Or is it more likely he formulated the idea to kill Kennedy after he had the job and when he realized Kennedy would be riding in a vehicle 100 feet away from the building he worked in?

I've also never understood all the ballistics questions, the "magic bullet", the way Kennedy's head snapped around, etc. Anybody who has hunted or utilized firearms knows that bullets do goofy things when they strike flesh, organs and bone. I shot a deer standing straightaway from me with a .243 once right below the ear and the round exited the chest cavity where one of it's forelegs joined the body. The round hit the deer and went straight down. Bullets do funny things.

I dunno, I have always believed Oswald acted alone.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #9
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
go hijack one of whirlies threads
Grasshopper, don't you know to sit still and be quiet when his Holiness has opened a thread?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #10
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Once the so called "Magic Bullet" was proven to be possible, and I have seen several lab studies that duplicated it exactly, you've eliminated a second gunman. Everything else is just speculation. There is no other proof of another persons involvement.

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
LOL, here we go.

I could come up with a million of these types of questions and I'm sure a conspiracy buff will have some sort of whacky answer but....one of the reasons, among many, that I've always been convinced that Oswald acted alone is because he got the job at the Texas School Book Depository about a month before the route of the Kennedy motorcade became public knowledge. Nobody knew what route the motorcade would take until a few days before Kennedy arrived in Dallas when they (unbelievably, at least nowadays) published the route in the newspaper. Oswald had been working there since October.

So, was Oswald just incredibly lucky when he picked a building that would provide him with a skillet shot on the passing motorcade? Or is it more likely he formulated the idea to kill Kennedy after he had the job and when he realized Kennedy would be riding in a vehicle 100 feet away from the building he worked in?

I've also never understood all the ballistics questions, the "magic bullet", the way Kennedy's head snapped around, etc. Anybody who has hunted or utilized firearms knows that bullets do goofy things when they strike flesh, organs and bone. I shot a deer standing straightaway from me with a .243 once right below the ear and the round exited the chest cavity where one of it's forelegs joined the body. The round hit the deer and went straight down. Bullets do funny things.

I dunno, I have always believed Oswald acted alone
+1
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #11
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:

Posner's book is excellent. Vincent Bugliosi's book is also very good.

It was such an unbelievable event that nobody can accept the idea that a nobody like Oswald was able to pull it off. The shot wasn't that difficult. As I recall, the headshot was made from 166 feet? A bit more than 50 yards? With a telescopic sight? And Oswald shot Expert in the Corps. That's a gimme.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #12
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Grasshopper, don't you know to sit still and be quiet when his Holiness has opened a thread?
(walks across rice paper) ... nope.

(walks back across rice paper) ... I mean, yup.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #13
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
For government work........
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #14
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:

I don't know what lab studies you are referring to or what the conditions were. But the Kennedy assassination in one of the hardest things to discuss because of so many studies that contradict each other. I've heard Oswald was a cracker jack shot and I've heard the guy couldn't shoot the side of a barn with a cannon. Some people have been able to duplicate the shooting others couldn't. I saw one study were the shooter successfully duplicated the shots but wasn't even using the same type rifle. Many studies are quite flawed. Our History books show Oswald as a loan shooter. We'll never change history and that's all there is to it. To me Nov. 22 1963 means only one thing and that is, America lost one hell of a President that day. We lost him for all the wrong reasons and we will never see the likes of anyone like him as president ever again.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #15
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Although I landed a bit short of buying into any of the popular conspiracy theories, I did have a few doubts at one time. However, a number of articles I've read over the years have led me to be extremely skeptical of the view that Oswald did not act alone.

But there's another compelling reason for that belief.

An old elk hunting buddy of Dad's was a fairly senior FBI agent at the time. He said that Hoover and other Bureau higher-ups did their dead-level best -- almost from day one -- to yank the investigation from the Dallas Police Department, which had told the FBI that it didn't have jurisdiction in this case and should fuck off. Dad's friend said that a number of FBI bigwigs and a swarm of agents spent many, many hundreds of man hours in the early days searching for any hint of conspiracy, since that would presumably allow them to assert jurisdictional control and yank critical portions of the investigation from the Dallas PD. His belief was simply that if the FBI had found even a hint of the existence of a conspiracy, they would have done so -- and that they put on a full-court press in an effort to do just that. Sounds like it may have been a fairly bitter turf war.

I'm not knowledgeable of the law concerning jurisdiction in such matters, or even of the relevant timeline, so I'm not sure whether any of that is true. But it always made it seem to me that it was more likely than not that none of the conspiracy theories held water.

As a number of people have noted over the years, the idea that some pathetic little pissant can change the course of history by suddenly ending the life of a U.S. president is just something that's tough for people to get their arms around.

So many tend to want to believe there must be some "more substantial," sinister plot hatched by very powerful (but equally evil) people.
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women