Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
test
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162434
Yssup Rider60257
gman4453222
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48405
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41315
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35742
Mojojo33117

Old 06-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
lisa.lisa0302
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 1877
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Question What does being grandfathered mean to you and when its over.

Gentlemen

What does being grandfathered mean to you, what are you expectations of this. If you see a lady twice a month, maybe three times, do you expect that good golden rate. Well I would agree with this.

Now if you see a lady every six months, or more, do you expect to be grandfathered. Even after her rate has become higher. Would you call her, show up and still bring that good golden rate you provided before. Or would bring her updated current rate.

If you brought her that good golden rate after not seeing her for six months or more. Would she be okay with that, is it awkward, how would you like her to approach you, that the rate has changed. Would you stop seeing her. Would you be offended, upset, ect.

I was faced with this rather sticky situation. I choose to accommodate the good golden rate, because I simply do not like confrontation. I was fuming on the inside, however he still got a good session as always. Afterall I am professional.

Im curious. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
lisa.lisa0302 is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #2
Guest022315
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

Lisa Lisa wowser. Hats off to you for handling the situation professionally. I think you should probably contact that hobbiest and let him know how you really feel. 6 months is too long to grandfather anybody. I think a client should qualify for grandfathered rates if he sees at least once a month. Anything less he should pay your regular rate.
Guest022315 is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:34 AM   #3
Lana Warren
Account Disabled

User ID: 2438
My ECCIE Reviews

A couple of years ago, I raised my half hour rate! Out of the blue, I had a guy contact me who I had not seen in almost 2yrs wanting to see me at my old rate! I politely told him that he was no longer grandfathered in at the old rate and if he wanted to see me, he would have to pay the new rate! Of course this offended him and in the "Lana" way, I told him to FO! LOL!

PS. He was a pain in the ass anyway!

My rule of thumb is.........If I have seen a gentlemen within a year and more than once, I would give him the grandfather rate!
Lana Warren is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:38 PM   #4
lisa.lisa0302
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks for the responses.

I was curious. :-)

Lana did you say two years, wow! :-( . And he was offended. Double wow :-(

Thanks Thatdude. I appreciate that. :-)
Old 06-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
LuckJack
Account Disabled

Encounters: 32
My ECCIE Reviews

and all this time I thought it was a discount for us old guys.............
LuckJack is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #6
rcinokc
Valued Poster

Encounters: 95

Perhaps a note in your ad along the lines of "If we haven't seen each other in more than XX days, your appointment will be at current pricing". If booking by phone maybe something like "Have I seen you since my rate change ?" or "Was our last appointment at my current rates ?" That would get the discussion started and get the expectations out in the open.
rcinokc is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #7
Surge
Surge

Encounters: 103
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckJack View Post
and all this time I thought it was a discount for us old guys.............
Ha Ha...I was wondering when someone was going to bring that up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatdude View Post
Lisa Lisa wowser. Hats off to you for handling the situation professionally...

Lisa...like TD said...muchos congrats on that...

My own history has occurred only once...where i actually took a grandfathered rate...I was seeing this one provider at least once a week and sometimes two time a week for that GOLDEN Rate as you call it. Over time though she would text me and told me my new, higher rate. Over a year she actually increased my rate to her current rate. I never felt offended when she asked i just simply made it up the next visit. I will though admit, that I don't see her as much anymore, but it has less to do with the rate than other things...

Surge is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #8
npita
Lifetime Premium Access

Senior citizens discount
npita is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #9
simpleton
Valued Poster

My ECCIE Reviews

Six months is not a really a long time. Just give him the rate and be happy he came back to see you or don't give him the rate, and charge him more. There is no reason to be "fuming" over this. Maybe he didn't realize you raised your rates. Maybe he thought he was special. Maybe his idea of being grandfathered is different than yours.
simpleton is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #10
lisa.lisa0302
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Hmmm

No reason to be fuming on the inside huh?, really, so if your boss cut your paycheck short, you would be okay with that. Oh.

He knew my rate changed.

It had been over six months, I just threw a number out there.

Maybe I should just be happy he came to see me....yea. Dude Im not a "please come see me every week gal" I tour.

Maybe he thought he was special. I have a few opinions on this, that I would rather keep to myself. As I said I do not like confrontation.

Anywho it was just a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleton View Post
Six months is not a really a long time. Just give him the rate and be happy he came back to see you or don't give him the rate, and charge him more. There is no reason to be "fuming" over this. Maybe he didn't realize you raised your rates. Maybe he thought he was special. Maybe his idea of being grandfathered is different than yours.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #11
Guest022315
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

Lisa Lisa on serious note you should let that hobbiest know how you truly feel. He may actually think he did nothing wrong. He may never see you again. O well I strongly believe it won;t hurt your business in any fashion.
Guest022315 is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #12
Chevalier
Opinionated Curmudgeon

Encounters: 6
My ECCIE Reviews

1) If her rate increases, I assume the new rate applies unless she specifically tells me "you can keep paying that old rate." It's her choice of whether and whom to grandfather, and I shouldn't make that choice for her.

2) If she does grandfather me, and then a long time goes by before I see her again (e.g., a year or two because she drops out of the business for awhile), I probably assume it expired and assume I should bring her new rate. If she really intends that the grandfathered rate continues, she'll tell me. [Had that happen recently with one lady. After I left the new rate, she emailed and told me the old rate still applies. Sometimes I remember, sometimes I don't.]

3) If she grandfathers me when her rates go up, and then her rates go up again -- I assume any rate change eliminates prior grandfathering unless she explicitly renews the special offer.

4) But if she explicitly grandfathers me, unless her rates go up again or she leaves the business for a year or two, I probably will assume it continues unless she says something to the contrary. If she wants to discontinue the special offer, that's her right but it carries with it the responsibility to communicate that decision.

5) A one-time special offer? Well, it's her responsibility to communicate what it is she's offering, but I likely assume it's not "grandfathering" unless she's pretty clear about it.

Grandfathering may be a good business practice; it can be easier to keep regulars than to find new clients. And it can be very powerful psychologically, sending the message that she really values his business more than some otther prospective clients. But it is her choice, and her responsibility to decide.
Chevalier is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #13
bigmarv
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

In my opinion a true gentleman would not whine about a few extra $$, but would be respectful and pay the providers current rate. Only asses assume.
bigmarv is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #14
Guest071315
Account Disabled

User ID: 2857
My ECCIE Reviews

Two years?? Geez louise!!

IF you want the grandfathered rate, just ask! Don't assume or you make an "ass" of yourself!! LOL. Insert donkey picture.

I think you acted professionally. I do have certain people who if they see me frequently, I give them a break. It is always up to us to on rates no matter what anyone's opinion is.
Guest071315 is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #15
Guest062124
Account Disabled

User ID: 34
My ECCIE Reviews

I have grandfathered a couple of gentlemen in the past and only in one instance did it bite me in the ass. Now, I just offer a few different kinds of specials that will pretty much work for everyone.

I like the idea of rewarding the ones who make it to see me often and usually will do so with extra time or a discount.

But it is not nice to ever assume..
Guest062124 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women