Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
test
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70709
biomed162537
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453226
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48441
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41544
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35921
Mojojo33117

Old 11-22-2010, 09:16 PM   #1
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8
Default Enhanced Screening (no, not the hobby...TSA)

Lots of travelers on here. Any opinions about the new enhanced screening going on at airports???
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #2
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76

I just heard there was a pretty bad incident at CVG with regards to the TSA. Apparently a fairly famous model was accosted by them--felt up and semi-nude photos were taken with personal cell phones.

Eric Deters, a pretty famous attorney in these parts, is her attorney. Look for a news story soon--apparently it just happened this afternoon.

I think he said he will be posting more details on his blog:

http://www.ericdeters.com/
ANONONE is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Fucking "security theater". If TSA had caught one terrorist in 9 years, this might have more credibility. This latest farce may just be the last straw. These assholes need to start looking for terrorists and not weapons.

I imagine OBL and his gang are laughing their ass off at what we are doing to ourselves.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Hear, hear absolute bullshit. Guilty until proven innocent should be the TSA motto
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:45 PM   #5
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post

I imagine OBL and his gang are laughing their ass off at what we are doing to ourselves.
http://youtu.be/TBL3ux1o0tM
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:54 PM   #6
discreetgent
Valued Poster

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...e-1010419.html
Old 11-22-2010, 10:22 PM   #7
davidsmith0123
Valued Poster

TSA acts like *we* are the terrorists. A theater of the absurd. And we just go along -- are we all sheep?

Not being judgemental about sheep -- I have very recently participated in being one of the sheep. Just wondering how long I/we are all going to put up with this government 'service'.

Just wondering, do politicians get enhanced pat downs? Anyone groping Nancy Pelosi? How about Harry Reid? Do they even get the body scanners? Perhaps the laws don't apply to them, perhaps they are exempt somehow, a typical accomodation when laws and regulations are passed. Perhaps Nancy's military planes don't require enhanced pat downs. If Nancy and Harry are groped perhaps the TSA procedures would be modified more quickly. Or maybe grope Bill and Hillary Clinton -- that should lead to some quick changes in TSA procedures. Clearly if Michelle were ever groped by TSA goons we would see a different side of our President. Currently he sends his regrets for the necessity but doesn't change the procedures....

Underwear bomber. "The system worked." Right, Janet. When a plane goes down despite all this TSA b.s., will you stop the theater, or will you double down? Any punters taking bets? I'm hitting the double down.

What more can TSA ask? Maybe we all walk naked through security? We all get body cavity inspections? Those with enhancements and prostheses get 'special' screening? These last seem to be the areas of concern, terrorists with exploding prostheses or exploding enhancements, but we are treated to a screening theater that both goes too far politically but in practice is not specific enough and does not go far enough to deal with the real threats.

Maybe another approach? Maybe profile the terrorists? Then TSA will not have to terrorize young boys and old men with colostomy bags.

TSA groping. If I must be groped, can I at least choose male or female groper? After all, if it is inevitable, as TSA insists, maybe I can at least enjoy it.

And, just wondering, who exactly is applying for, and taking, these TSA jobs? "The successful applicant will be able to repeatedly grope their fellow Americans." Is there a youth group? I know, I know, just following orders....
davidsmith0123 is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #8
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsmith0123 View Post
Just wondering, do politicians get enhanced pat downs? Anyone groping Nancy Pelosi? How about Harry Reid? Do they even get the body scanners? Perhaps the laws don't apply to them, perhaps they are exempt somehow, a typical accomodation when laws and regulations are passed. Perhaps Nancy's military planes don't require enhanced pat downs. If Nancy and Harry are groped perhaps the TSA procedures would be modified more quickly.
Here is your answer (warning it mentions a Republican, I assume you can handle that lol)

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/20/us...reening&st=cse
Old 11-22-2010, 11:46 PM   #9
Adrielle
Account Disabled

User ID: 4449
My ECCIE Reviews

My thought is if a wannabe bomber is able to make it to screening check at the airport, then the entire security system has already failed. The TSA isn't going to stop a potential threat by groping them. And on the slim chance they would stop someone who poses a danger, who is to say that the suspect wouldn't harm people right then and there?

With that said, the groping doesn't bother me personally. I'm comfortable with the thought of someone, whom I have given permission, touching me even if they are a stranger. But I know women who have been sexually assaulted who have now declared that they will no longer fly, because they wouldn't be able to handle being touched by a stranger.

Enhanced screening, while developed with good intentions, is a terrible idea. I would rather that the money spent on training TSA agents on how to properly search someone be used on gaining intelligence, as that is what's going to stop a potential terrorist.
Adrielle is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:55 PM   #10
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

I don't see what the big deal is. I've been in airports with the new screeners a couple of times this month without incident to myself or anyone near me in line.

That said I feel bad for people treated poorly. However in the case of someone with a medical condition, etc. that needs accomodation they need to proactively say something to TSA so they can be accomodated in a dignified way. That has always been the case. I have had a metal rod in my leg for years. Sometimes it sets off the detector, sometimes not (which is troublesome in & of itself, but that is a whole other story); but I tell the agent so he or she doesn't need to go on a fishing expidition...

Finally, as I've pointed out in other threads about TSA, you get what you pay for. The TSA is competing with entry level retail jobs for its workers. Have you ever been in the grocery store and encountered a cashier or bagger that didn't have superior customer service skills? Go figure...
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:37 AM   #11
oden
Valued Poster

I'm going to the Texas vs. Texas A&M game on Thanksgiving Day. If everyone is patted down that is around 110 thousand people. That is not practical within an hour of gametime. You either screen or you change a whole culture and the terrorists win.

I'd rather trust an Aggie or Longhorn fan to do a better job of pointing out a threat than a federal employee patting down a little girl at this rivalry. At some point we have to accept personal responsibility and risk to enjoy our freedom, and recognize that diverse people can congregate without fear.

That said, a person that seemingly poses a threat should be quickly screened and passed through as there are probably no more diverse student bodies around than at a game like this one.

Besides, if they confiscated all the flasks from the Aggies, they'd be all sitting down by halftime.
oden is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:05 AM   #12
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
Finally, as I've pointed out in other threads about TSA, you get what you pay for. The TSA is competing with entry level retail jobs for its workers. Have you ever been in the grocery store and encountered a cashier or bagger that didn't have superior customer service skills? Go figure...
So your point is we need smarter, more skilled and higher paid government dweebs carrying out stupid and useless searches?
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:03 AM   #13
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
Lots of travelers on here. Any opinions about the new enhanced screening going on at airports???
I hear the stories but I've yet to actually see it in place anywhere...let alone fall victim to it.

Newark last Friday....nada. LAX the Sunday before that....nope. The Continental Terminal in Houston the Tuesday before that....it looked like the new body scanners were there but not operational yet.

I don't travel by air the week of Thanksgiving if I can possibly help it. Been there, done that, never again. That's just an insane proposition.

But, I'll be back in the airports following Monday. We'll see...

As I was waiting in a "normal" Friday line at Newark (read, holiday-level volume anyplace else), I was trying to figure out how it would work on that kind of regular volume. I just don't see it. If they try to do this & any significant percentage of the flying public opts out of the scans....nobody is going anyplace.

It just takes too long...
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:19 AM   #14
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

A couple of weeks ago I went out of LGA to a smaller mid Atlantic regional airport via Atlanta. Due to medical issues, I always trigger the metal scanners so I know the drill. I've even called out "male assist" as the scanner goes off. I tell the person on the other side I am going to set it off. They almost always get it and off I go to do the wanding dance.

But with the new procedures there was no wanding. The pat down was as shown on TV. They got close to my "junk" but no happy ending. As I talked to the guys doing it I was relaxed and said okay to each time they specified what and where they where they were going. On the pat down at the regional on the way home, I sensed that the agent was as uncomfortable about it as the next person, but he had a job to do. And you know that's the truth.

So I'm thinking next time I fly (January), maybe I should just drop trou. I still won't get a happy ending but it might speed things along. Who knows maybe one of my fellow females passengers might like the "goods" I am packing.
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 06:48 AM   #15
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR Only View Post
So I'm thinking next time I fly (January), maybe I should just drop trou. I still won't get a happy ending but it might speed things along. Who knows maybe one of my fellow females passengers might like the "goods" I am packing.
SR Only's motto: Looking for Sugar Babies wherever I go.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women