Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162434
Yssup Rider60261
gman4453222
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48405
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41323
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35745
Mojojo33117

Old 02-19-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
RealBeer285
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5
Default Bug boil instructions

The first and most important thing is to make sure that you have plenty of beer on hand. Now you may as well open one since you are looking at them.

Next, get out the cookpot (with basket), a large cooler, burner and propane tank. If the tank feels too light, get the spare out (you do have a spare, don't you?).
Make sure your beer isn't getting warm.

Check the cookpot, if it still has the peanut oil from from the Thanksgiving turkey, pour that back into the container it came in and clean the pot.
Check on your beer again.

Hook up the propane tank and test light the burner and make sure the regulator works.
Get another beer.

It is time to start purging the little buggers, Get out that old plastic baby pool from behind the garage (or wheel barrow, not a blowup pool, they will deflate that in no time). Pour a bunch of that rock salt that you have been saving for an ice storm into the pool and fill it with water to no more than 3" from the top (you don't want to make it too easy to climb out). Take your time and finish your beer.

Now is when the fun begins; Cut the ties on the bug bags and pour them into the pool. Next, gather all the kids around and show them how to hold them, then tell them to sneek up to their moms and show her the bugs. Grab another beer and hide.

Once the coast is clear (or your beer is empty), go get another beer and get what kids are still allowed to play, come and play with the bugs some more. Give them some large slotted spoons and have them fish out the dead bugs, if you have enough kids, you won't have to do this part yourself.

Wait 1-2 beers for the bugs to purge, well maybe 3.

Once the bugs are well purged and the moms have finished slicing the veggies (this can take a while because the kids are having fun chasing them with the bugs). Put the pot on the burner and fill it 2/3 with water, then start the burner on high. Grab another beer.

Once the water is boiling or near boiling (approx 1 beer), add plenty of Zatarain's liquid Concentrated Shrimp and Crab Boil, I start with 8oz. Also add a couple of bags of boil spices too, and a stick of butter. Your beer is probably empty, get another.

Now pour a load of the veggies and sausage in the pot and turn the heat back up and boil for 20 minutes or so until the potatoes, artichokes and all are done. The first batch is going to be on the mild side for all the kids and beginners. This is plenty of time to have a beer.

Pour the veggies over the table and grab a corn before they are gone. Now the water is good and ready for the bugs. Scoop a load of bugs out of the pool and drop them in the pot, turn the burner up and get them to boiling, approx 6 minutes. It is important to hhave a beer in your hand during this part.

Now line the cooler with newspaper and pour the bugs in. Get your jar of Zatarain's Extra Spicy Crawfish, Shrimp and Crab Boil and sprinkle liberally over the bugs and cover with newspaper and close the cooler. Wait about 10 minutes, finish your beer, then pour the buggers over the table.

If you have more veggies and bugs, you can repeat the process until they are gone or you pass out. You can really spice up the veggies by adding some of the dry boil power into the water, it gets into the cracks of the corn and artichokes and tends to burn your lips off if you go too far.

IMPORTANT: Be sure to wash your hands before you pass out otherwise you will wake up, rub your eyes and not be able to see to get back to the beer fridge.

Veggies:
5 Lemons, slice in half (these are to condition the water, not to eat)
Onions, peeled
Corn, cut cobs in half
Potatoes, quartered
Artichokes, trim those spikey things off
Sausage, if you want
RealBeer285 is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
69er
Lifetime Premium Access

My suggestions on the above...

Make it easier on yourself to purge the crayfish.

Buy two galvanized wash tubs. They are inexpensive, so it won't cost much. Take one, a big friggin screwdriver or punch, and a hammer, and make one into the largest collander you've ever seen by punching it full of holes. I suggest punching from inside to outside, to keep the sharp edges away from the live food you'll be putting in this collander.

Put the collander into the unpunched one... And then pour in the crawfish from the bag. Fill it with water from a hoze, and sprinkle on several cups of salt. You are not seasoning them here, you are making them empty their digestive tract!

After about 30 minutes lift the inner tub out, and give them a quick wash with the hose. No problems having to fish out live crawfish from a pool.

Any place that does a crawfish boil, buys crawfish live, and will be happy to make a few bucks selling to you. I know that Nate's ( http://www.natesseafood.com/index.cfm )does a nice boil, and sells bags as well. Make sure to call about a week ahead, so that they order enough to have some to sell to you.
69er is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
RealBeer285
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Yes, that does sound like a good trick if you are only doing small batches. I am usually throwing an 80lbs party. Don't forget the beer.

Also be careful with the spices around your Ferrari, they will eat the paint big time.
RealBeer285 is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:20 PM   #4
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

User ID: 2676
My ECCIE Reviews

No one told me there was that much beer involved...I might have to try it sooner rather than later
Guest012211-3 is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #5
aka
Always On

Encounters: 9

This is absolutely fascinating. I kid you not! Never did care much for crawfish but I'm now ready to go get a sack of them crawdaddies.
aka is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
Guest012211-3
Account Disabled

User ID: 2676
My ECCIE Reviews

LOL Realbeer, not only do you deliver the best sausage in town, you also offer up the best head to suck
Guest012211-3 is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:19 PM   #7
technicallygeek
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6
Question A MUDBUG SOCIAl???

So when is the Boil??

And by rough guess that was about 10 to 12 beers just in preparation lol... How much Beer would I need to pick up when coming to the boil?

No, Seriously whens the Mudbug Social?
technicallygeek is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:19 AM   #8
xperiment
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Damn and I gave up beer for lent...WTH! First time I decided to do something on lent as well. Holy kick in the pants Batman! I did make the concession I am still drinking beer at the Bavarian grill. God will understand.
xperiment is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 01:15 PM   #9
Juan Pablo de Marco
El Mariachi

Encounters: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by xperiment View Post
Damn and I gave up beer for lent...WTH! First time I decided to do something on lent as well. Holy kick in the pants Batman! I did make the concession I am still drinking beer at the Bavarian grill. God will understand.
well.. if it makes you feel better... the German style of Dopplebock beer was invented by German monks (Paulaner Salvator being the first, and most famous). they had to fast during Lent, and the very strong dopplebock beers gave them sustenance during this time. Trappist monks also brewed strong beers for Lent.

as for Lent... I gave up giving up things a long time ago.

JPdM

btw... the first bock beer was brewed in the 14th century in the town of Einbeck Germany.
Juan Pablo de Marco is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women