Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
test
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162989
Yssup Rider60637
gman4453274
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48578
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42250
CryptKicker37198
The_Waco_Kid36643
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-24-2019, 11:57 AM   #1
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Encounters: 131
Default What is up with this request?

I was browsing rubratings and saw this ad:

https://dallas.rubratings.com/130249

The lady requests, “For this week only please have my donations placed in a red envelope”.

What’s with that? Is that code for something? I gotta go by the store and get a greeting card of some sort so I can pay her? Or does she think guys have red envelopes lying around the house?
TinMan is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 12:09 PM   #2
slubby
Account Disabled

Encounters: 57

Well, I did some quick Google research, and this is what Wikipedia has to say about your question:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_envelope

Red envelopes are gifts presented at social and family gatherings such as weddings or holidays such as Chinese New Year. The red color of the envelope symbolizes good luck and is a symbol to ward off evil spirits. The act of requesting red packets is normally called tao hongbao (Chinese: 討紅包; pinyin: tǎo hóngbāo) or yao lishi (Chinese: 要利是; pinyin: yào lì shì), and in the south of China, dou li shi (Chinese: 逗利是; pinyin: dòu lì shì; Cantonese Yale: dau6 lai6 si6). Red envelopes are usually given out to the single generation despite the age and income.

The amount of money contained in the envelope usually ends with an even digit, in accordance with Chinese beliefs; odd-numbered money gifts are traditionally associated with funerals. The exception being the number 9 as it pronunciation of nine is homophonous to the word long and is the largest digit.[1] Still in some regions of China and in its diaspora community, odd numbers are favored for weddings because they are difficult to divide. There is also a widespread tradition that money should not be given in fours, or the number four should not appear in the amount, such as in 40, 400 and 444, as the pronunciation of the word four(Chinese: 四) is homophonous to the word death (Chinese: 死).

At wedding banquets, the amount offered is usually intended to cover the cost of the attendees as well as signify goodwill to the newlyweds. Amounts given are often recorded in ceremonial ledgers for the new couple to keep.

During the Chinese New Year, in Southern China, red envelopes are typically given by the married to the unmarried, most of whom are children. In northern and southern China, red envelopes are typically given by the elders to the younger under 25 (30 in most of the three northeastern provinces), regardless of marital status. The amount of money is usually notes to avoid heavy coins and to make it difficult to judge the amount inside before opening. It is traditional to put brand new notes inside red envelopes and also to avoid opening the envelopes in front of the relatives out of courtesy.

It is also given during the Chinese New Year in workplace from a person of authority (supervisors or owner of the business) out of his own fund to employees as a token of good fortune for the upcoming year.

In acting, it is also conventional to give an actor a red packet when he or she is to play a dead character, or pose for a picture for an obituary or a grave stone.

Red packets are also used to deliver payment for favorable service to lion dance performers, religious practitioners, teachers, and doctors.
slubby is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 12:09 PM   #3
Tsmokies
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Lol. Why are you on that rub site anyway? Not enough ladies on here for you?
Tsmokies is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 01:23 PM   #4
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Not enough in Arlington. And my 3 bennies sitting naked on the counter ought to be enough to ward off any bad mojo in the room.
Old 08-24-2019, 02:45 PM   #5
alaine
"Moved on"..

User ID: 78361
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Very interesting. I suppose could also be a sting of sorts. Just pick up every guy walking through a hotel lobby with a red envelope.
alaine is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:53 AM   #6
LustyBustyGina38FF
Bday 56yr young

User ID: 205713
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Right .. so meany times guys have it in a pocket just hanging out
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaine View Post
Very interesting. I suppose could also be a sting of sorts. Just pick up every guy walking through a hotel lobby with a red envelope.
LustyBustyGina38FF is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:29 AM   #7
tomh8480
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

The Man With One Red Envelope
tomh8480 is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:14 PM   #8
BLM69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 59

Sounds like a LE sting to me
BLM69 is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:18 PM   #9
cavmen
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLM69 View Post
Sounds like a LE sting to me
That was my thought when they give specific direction
cavmen is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:23 PM   #10
TinMan
The Grey Knight

She’s advertised on rub ratings for awhile. Never noticed the red envelope thing before...could be a change (and a warning sign).
Old 08-25-2019, 01:50 PM   #11
fozziewockabear
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
She’s advertised on rub ratings for awhile. Never noticed the red envelope thing before...could be a change (and a warning sign).
How about you try it then report back to us.
fozziewockabear is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 04:43 PM   #12
Sir Lancehernot
Just another guy

Encounters: 65

Maybe it's to demonstrate she's in control. Or maybe, similarly, she wants to see how many of these dumbasses who call her can follow simple directions.

There's a story about a famous rock band, I forget who, that had it written into their bazillion-page performance contracts that the dressing room would have a bowlful of brown M&Ms (or it could have been another color, or it could have been with all the brown ones removed). The point was that if that clause was adhered to, the band knew that the contract had been read and had a pretty high degree of confidence that all the other clauses would be complied with. Probably not relevant, but I'm not doing anything else, so I thought I would share, lol.
Sir Lancehernot is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 05:54 PM   #13
alaine
"Moved on"..

User ID: 78361
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I started a few weeks back adding a different "code word" in each of my ads. (other than here). I want to track advertising to see which ad is pulling. It also (hopefully) verifies that you read the entire ad and understand rates and services. There should not be any questions about those things if you read the ad.
It works pretty well except for guys in their 20's.
alaine is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 06:17 PM   #14
Sir Lancehernot
Just another guy

Encounters: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaine View Post
I started a few weeks back adding a different "code word" in each of my ads. (other than here). I want to track advertising to see which ad is pulling. It also (hopefully) verifies that you read the entire ad and understand rates and services. There should not be any questions about those things if you read the ad.
It works pretty well except for guys in their 20's.
Back in the late 90s, I knew a couple of girls who would use one name in their Observer ads, another on alt.sex.prostitution, and yet another on delphi or wherever else they may have been advertising. That was so they could track their advertising effectiveness. I always thought that was pretty smart.
Sir Lancehernot is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 10:03 PM   #15
Pappysweets
Pimping on a budget

Encounters: 81

I think that just the provider being superstitious. I went to an incall one time and a provider had quarters lined in a row in front of the door you had to walk over it to get in. I asked her about it and she said it was for good luck and fortune.
Pappysweets is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women