Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162434
Yssup Rider60261
gman4453222
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48406
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41325
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35745
Mojojo33117

Old 10-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
Stan.Dupp
Valued Poster

Talking Democrats Have a Chance To Win The House as Shutdown Has Put 12 More GOP Seats In Play

The Cook Political Report has moved 12 more Republican held seats into toss up category, which makes 18 Republican seats up for grabs. This gives Democrats a chance to retake the House.

The Cook Report changed their ratings on 15 House seats. 12 Republican seats were moved into the toss up category, and three Democratic seats moved solidly towards the incumbents.

This change gives Democrats a chance to take back the House in 2014.

The Cook Report Report explained that Democrats shouldn't be buying Nancy Pelosi a new gavel yet, but the opening is there.

"Even after our 15 ratings changes today, there are only 18 GOP-held seats in Lean Republican, Toss Up, or Lean Democratic. In other words, Democrats would not only have to hold all of their own seats (including 10 races in Toss Up), but “run the table” on vulnerable GOP seats in order to win a majority.
If damage to the GOP proves long-lasting, we could expect to see more previously “safe” GOP seats move into competitive categories, and previously competitive contests lean towards Democrats. We could also expect fortunes of vulnerable Democrats to improve. Continued Republican self-harm could indeed threaten their 17-seat majority. But, Democrats still have a long way to go. In the interim, we are shifting our House Topline from a Republican gain of two to seven seats to a minimal net change of up to five seats in either party’s direction, with larger Democratic gains possible if Republicans continue to pursue unpopular and self-destructive strategies".

Everyone assumed that the best Democrats could do in 2014 was gain some seats in the House. Based on the data in each district, the conventional wisdom was that House Republicans would have to do something really stupid to put their majority in jeopardy.

Stupid arrived for Democrats in the form of Ted Cruz.

The government shutdown may be over. The debt ceiling has been raised, but the House Republican margin for error as we head into 2014 is zero. Another government shutdown or default risk, could make a Democratic retaking of the House more and more likely.

Democrats have gone from a slim chance to a chance to win back control of the House of Representatives. It won’t be easy for Democrats to pull this off, but it is clear Republicans have gravely damaged themselves with their recent behavior. Republicans have gone from eyeing up taking the Senate to possibly having to fight to defend the House.

One more fit of self destructive insanity could push the return of Speaker Pelosi closer to being a done deal.

News article link
Stan.Dupp is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
timpage
Account Disabled

I'd like to think that is a possibility but the way the district's have been gerrymandered.....I dunno.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

I'd like to think they've been Jerrymathered.

In other words, there are a lot of beavers gonna get poked next year, by traditionally republican voters.

If it tilts toward the Tea Party extremists, then expect two more years of craziness, accompanied by a collapse of America as we know it. Even Right Wing republicans understand that.

Eventually, sensibility wins out.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #4
BigLouie
Valued Poster

There are reports on the web about campaign contributions for Tea party candidates are drying up big time.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #5
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

There were really any major grassroots donors for the Tea party. Mostly foundations, corporations through 501c4s, etc. When the idiots broke with their "founders,". They simply became a bad investment. OCCUPY the ASS-YLUM!
Old 10-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #6
CJ7
Valued Poster

for obvious reasons both past and present, I don't favor a same party congress and admin, but the partisanship has grown to a level beyond recognition.

Reagan and Tip despised each other, but they worked together and got things done.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #7
Stan.Dupp
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
There are reports on the web about campaign contributions for Tea party candidates are drying up big time.

Yea that is what I have been reading. Something like 8 out of 10 businesses who had contributed are now pulling out and not donating anymore after this fiasco.
Stan.Dupp is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #8
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #9
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
for obvious reasons both past and present, I don't favor a same party congress and admin, but the partisanship has grown to a level beyond recognition.

Reagan and Tip despised each other, but they worked together and got things done.
The system of Checks and Balances is the worst system of Government ever conceived.

Except for all the rest.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:42 PM   #10
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
Tell me what do you think would happen if the Republican Party was exterminated and this country ran on a single party system? .
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #11
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post
Tell me what do you think would happen if the Republican Party was exterminated and this country ran on a single party system? .
You wouldn't really notice a difference. IMHO.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:02 PM   #12
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
You wouldn't really notice a difference. IMHO.
You're so fucking glib.

How's that Glory Hole doing for you at the bus station, bunker clown?
Old 10-19-2013, 09:22 AM   #13
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

The reality is that the nation blames the Democrats for the shudown according to a Chicgo Tribune poll by a margin of 2 to 1.

Republican seats that will be in ploy will be the ones that failed to stand with their fellow Republicans.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #14
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
You're so fucking glib.

How's that Glory Hole doing for you at the bus station, bunker clown?
There's absolutely no way COG is guilty of what you assert, you dumb-fuck golem jackass, but it's very evident you are extremely worried about any possible competition to your twisted enterprise.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #15
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Don't fuck with In Bred Hankering's ATF or he will scold you..
i'va biggen is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women