Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
test
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162434
Yssup Rider60261
gman4453222
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48405
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41315
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35744
Mojojo33117

Old 08-30-2011, 12:36 AM   #1
ApolloSteele
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5
Exclamation Self defense tidbits for providers...

Ladies, if you have the chance to learn Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, do it. It could be helpful for you to know it especially in this profession!
ApolloSteele is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:58 AM   #2
ApolloSteele
Valued Poster

If you have any questions or would like to learn, pm me!
Old 08-30-2011, 11:03 AM   #3
LazurusLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

How long till they can compete in UFC once they learn?
LazurusLong is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
ApolloSteele
Valued Poster

Normally it depends on the skill set of the individuals. Many do multiple disciplines. They normally then start out on the local cards. Once you have enough fights/wins...send in a video of all past performances. I cant really give you an exact time frame, it just depends on the individual.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
berkleigh
Wicked Tryst dot net

User ID: 791
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazurusLong View Post
How long till they can compete in UFC once they learn?
LMFAO!

I am a huge UFC fan!

I've always been althletic and I come from a background of 4 uncles and 5 brothers who wrestled in the Midwest.

My Grandfather was responsible for implementing British Wrestling Clubs with folk-style wrestling in the Military in Great Britain.

My four uncles were named NCAA Divison One All-Americans.
So, I learned at a young age some self defense, not to mention I have a small army of male family members to make sure I am safe

Plus, I have a taser

Been seriously thinking of starting a gun collection as I am a little fascinated with some I recently encountered
berkleigh is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #6
Guest022315
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

I was thinking along the same lines as far as the need for selfdefense. Anyways i will encourage the ladies to pm Apollo and if not you sign up for self defense classes.
Guest022315 is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:10 PM   #7
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

There are a many good self defense classes out there. Even a one day class is enough to change your mindset and help make you aware of certain situations. Whether at your regular gym, your local dojo, etc. make the investment to make yourself aware.

It is also a hell of a workout too.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:18 PM   #8
Guest022315
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

this includes hobbiest to. Fellas your chl maynot be readily available.
Guest022315 is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:36 PM   #9
hotlips_houlihan
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2374
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolloSteele View Post
Normally it depends on the skill set of the individuals. Many do multiple disciplines. They normally then start out on the local cards. Once you have enough fights/wins...send in a video of all past performances. I cant really give you an exact time frame, it just depends on the individual.
Honey he was being a smarty pants lol
hotlips_houlihan is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #10
ApolloSteele
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlips_houlihan View Post
Honey he was being a smarty pants lol
Damn, I so fell for it! LOL
Old 08-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #11
daggajones
Valued Poster

Encounters: 51

Sorry to be on the soapbox on this one but safety and security, particularly for the ladies, is something I take quite seriously.

Ok I usually prefer to stay under the radar on these topics, but...Screen your clients - always have a backup plan - always have at least one person expecting to hear from you within the hour, & be safe. If anyone has a problem with that, don't see them.

MMA, Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, LOL Ladies those two sports have rules. Thus they are not self defense. So lets say you arm bar your assailant and he taps out, then what? the referee in the closet will make him act cordially until he decides to leave? You want self defense? Do all the things that are too violent, yes even illegal for MMA and Jiu-jitsu - gouge the eyes, bite to the bone, fish hook, tear ears, repeated stikes to the balls, scream like hell and then light 'em up with that afformentioned taser.
Even a rear naked choke redering your attacker unconsious will only give you 15 seconds to collect yourself and escape the room. And unless you're conditioned to that threat and stress level you will have lost all but the basic gross motor skills.
Have you ever seen an MMA fight between a 135lb Woman and a 190lb Man? No. They don't even let the men fight at that weight difference - for a reason.
I have seen combat infantrymen punched in the nose - freeze, because they weren't conditioned and hardened properly.

Ever get pulled over by the cops and notice your hands were shaking when you signed the ticket? Even the slightest stress can cause the degredation of fine motor skills. It's all tied to heart rate and Blood Pressure.
Here is a general definition of SSR - for your reading pleasure. (cut & paste & readily available on the internet)
Survival Stress Response

SSR is a scientific term to describe what is commonly referred to as the fight-or-flight syndrome. It occurs when a person is suddenly thrust into a life-threatening situation with no forewarning. Among the physical symptoms that arise from the SSR are auditory exclusion -- most easily described as either temporary deafness or selective hearing, depending on severity -- and visual exclusion, which may be either tunnel vision focused on the threat or even a blackout if the situation is scary enough. The third symptom of SSR is increased heart rate.
Heart Rate Factors

The elevated heart rates induced by SSR can cause serious repercussions to motor skills function. At 100 to 110 beats per minute HR, fine motor skills may degrade noticeably. These are movements that involve independent movements of the individual fingers and hands, such as playing the piano, or specifically, performing precise movements such as hooking a rappelling rope into a climbing harness prior to a SWAT team assault. At 115 to 145 bpm HR, complex motor skills begin to disintegrate. These are more robust movements for performing joint lock restraint holds in a close-combat situation such as prisoner restraining.
Gross Motor Skills

Theoretically, the only motor skills to survive the SSR are gross motor skills. Basic striking techniques such as punches and kicks, simple shooting techniques such as unaimed point-shooting and other simple movement skills are gross motor skills. These movements are possible even when the heart rate exceeds 200 bpm. This is far in excess of the exercise-induced heart rate of most conditioned athletes.

Once again, sorry for the soapbox and i don't want to get into a debate. This is just my 2 cents on the topic.

Mr. Jones
daggajones is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:04 PM   #12
ApolloSteele
Valued Poster

I hate to disagree with you but I have been in a couple of fights and have been able to subdue the attacker. Me being 5'5'' 155 lbs with them being between 5'9'' and 6'0'' weighing no less than 175 might put your theory to the test and Yes you may be right, but those 15 seconds can get you out of the room to go get help. I have seen a 170 lb Royce Gracie fight a 210 lb fighter and win when there was no rules in the UFC, but to satisfy the soapbox.........Krav Maga (Israeli Combat disarment) is the way to go as well. LOL
Old 08-30-2011, 10:22 PM   #13
daggajones
Valued Poster

Encounters: 51

No offense intended Mr. Steele - i'm sure you're a badass.
You beat someone 20 lbs heavier than you and Royce Gracie one of the greatest BJJ artists beat someone 40lbs heavier when there were no rules. I still say get the stungun, lol
daggajones is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:52 PM   #14
ApolloSteele
Valued Poster

or 9 mm???? daggajones its all good bro. Have a good one!
Old 08-31-2011, 12:28 AM   #15
Eklutna
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Dittos on the Krav Maga. It is street fighting. No rules, just winning and escaping with your life. It teaches you how to disarm people with guns and knives, get out of chokeholds, and do some serious damage.
Eklutna is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women