Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162331
Yssup Rider60190
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48376
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41219
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Chuck Schumer Blames ObamaCare for Premium Increases

But Chuckie! I thought you were for it before you were against it?!

Here's what's up:

Over the last few weeks, Democrats have become increasingly concerned that ObamaCare is driving up health insurance premiums in their states. One of the several promises (they’ve since become broken promises) that the Obama Administration made about the law was that it would keep insurance premiums down, making coverage more affordable. That just hasn't happened.

Rochester, New York-based WHEC covered the anticipated 10% rise in premiums for the Empire States insured in 2014. “Some healthcare experts are warning that premiums could go up by more than 10% on January 1st when Obamacare kicks in across the country,” said WHEC’s Ray Levato. “This is on top of the annual increases we’ve seen in insurance premiums. It’s going to mean less money in your paycheck. Less money for groceries. Less for gas. Less for your family.”

Among the people they talked to for the story was Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY), who talked about the need for state regulators to “protect families.”

“Our Insurance Department is empowered to protect families and we’re going to watch them like a hawk to make sure they do,” he said. “Because if they don’t, these rates could go through the roof. It’s in part because of Obamacare but health care costs have been going up by double digits for years and years and years. The good news is in this bill there’s a way to stop it.”

But Schumer, one of the Obama Adminstration’s staunchest defenders in the Senate, was also asked if ObamaCare is contributing to the rise in premiums. “It’s in part because of Obamacare,” he responded, “but health-care costs have been going up by double digits for years and years and years.”

Here’s the video:

http://www.unitedliberty.org/article...emium-increase

That's right, Chuckie. Health care costs have been increasing. Obamacare was supposed to stop that, instead it's become part of the cause.

When will you people finally understand?

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
CJ7
Valued Poster

Chuckie is right, but

CBO found that for most Americans, very little would change. If you get insurance through your employer, or through the government, then Obamacare probably won’t effect you much. When we talk about premiums changing, we’re talking about the minority of Americans who buy health insurance on their own or through a very small employer.

For them, on average, CBO predicted premiums would increase because subsidies would make it possible for them to purchase higher-quality insurance. In other words, with more money to purchase insurance, they were going to purchase better insurance — that is, after all, the point of the law. But if you held the insurance product constant, then premiums for the same policy in the same market would actually fall, as the risk pool would get a bit healthier.

The intent of Obamacare is to ensure that almost all Americans are covered by high-quality insurance that they can afford. To say that the law will move many Americans onto more costly insurance products is simply to restate part of that premise more negatively, and to leave out the effect of the subsidies, or the change in the underlying insurance product, is to mislead.

Translation;

better insurance cost more, subsidies offset costs.

The End.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #3
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

It ain't gonna happen that way, CBJ7, no matter how much kool aid you drink.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:40 PM   #4
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
It ain't gonna happen that way, CBJ7, no matter how much kool aid you drink.

course not, in your intellectual life youre smarter than the CBO
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:22 AM   #5
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
CBO found that for most Americans, very little would change. If you get insurance through your employer, or through the government, then Obamacare probably won’t effect you much.

But if you held the insurance product constant, then premiums for the same policy in the same market would actually fall, as the risk pool would get a bit healthier.
What a load of unadulterated horseshit. In the real world that ain't happening.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:23 AM   #6
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post

and you know this how? Tea leaves?

I forgot, you and cof are smarter that the study from the cbo. My bad.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #7
Pharmaguy729
Premium Access

Encounters: 141

you mean the same CBO who scored Obmacare as deficit neutral in order for it to be passed through reconciliation then later said it would cost over 2.7 trillion over 10 years?... yeah, that would be the CBO I would question
Pharmaguy729 is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #8
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
and you know this how? Tea leaves?

I forgot, you and cof are smarter that the study from the cbo. My bad.
Glad you asked. My paycheck stub tell me everything I need to know.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #9
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmaguy729 View Post
you mean the same CBO who scored Obmacare as deficit neutral in order for it to be passed through reconciliation then later said it would cost over 2.7 trillion over 10 years?... yeah, that would be the CBO I would question

no, but I was aware about all of the shit the media threw out, and Obie saw fit to quote . if you weren't, you can be now ...

http://centristnetblog.com/daily/cbo...over-10-years/
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #10
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Glad you asked. My paycheck stub tell me everything I need to know.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #11
NiceGuy53
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Quote:
Unadulterated horseshit is what CBJ7 specializes in.
NiceGuy53 is online now   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #12
3Jacklover
Gaining Momentum

CJ7, I am in the healthcare consulting business and you are incorrect. Especially, if you are a small employer < 50 employees. Your rates are going to go up more then 10%. If your over 50 employers many of these companies will just quit offering health insurance and pay the fine.
Don't forget the $63 annual transitional fee that all insured with have to pay for next three years. If you have two kids and a spouse it is $63 x 4 next three years. Nothing in Obamacare addresses way the costs are so high for medical care in US. One thing that is long overdue is RX pricing. It is a crime that you can get the exact same drug in Canada and Mexico for much less then USA.
Nothing in Obama Care addresses this. Only way costs go down for medical care is is all providers take less money ! Doctors already bitch that there not paid enough by Insurance Co. Can't say I have ever heard of any doctor going broke.
3Jacklover is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #13
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

This is a rather timely thread. We met with our Insurance Carrier this morning.

We have fewer than 50 employees. In 2009, our health insurance package foe our employs was approx. $85,000. This year it will be a little over $140,000. The biggest increase came in 2012 and 2013.

There is one advantage for us in requiring everybody have Health Insurance. In order to keep top employs, we offer a very generous employment package, including health insurance. Several of our competitors offer very little. That means we have to absorb the cost on bid jobs when going heads up against them.

Now, they will be forced to offer at least the mandated minimum, or pay the penalty, which will level the playing field.
Aside from our labor cost, (wages), health insurance is our single biggest operating expense.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #14
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
This is a rather timely thread. We met with our Insurance Carrier this morning.

We have fewer than 50 employees. In 2009, our health insurance package foe our employs was approx. $85,000. This year it will be a little over $140,000. The biggest increase came in 2012 and 2013.

There is one advantage for us in requiring everybody have Health Insurance. In order to keep top employs, we offer a very generous employment package, including health insurance. Several of our competitors offer very little. That means we have to absorb the cost on bid jobs when going heads up against them.

Now, they will be forced to offer at least the mandated minimum, or pay the penalty, which will level the playing field.
Aside from our labor cost, (wages), health insurance is our single biggest operating expense.

smart business, I had the same mindset which I put to excellent use for over a decade. In my case, the cost was offset by quality employees doing a quality job, and that led to consistently growing the business, and that increased profits. Win Win. Reputation outweighs advertising cost ... word of mouth FREE, advertising, not so much.

As for other small business owners (unlike yourself) that have substandard ins, they qualify for SHOP, and receive tax credits to offset their bottomline. IMO until the program grows some legs nobody knows exactly how this is going to play out.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #15
steamyromance
Premium Access

Encounters: 12

The only thing that will ever bring down the cost of health care is tort reform!
More people going to the doctor = more law suits = higher malpractice insurance costs for doctors.
I play golf with a retired OBGYN he has to keep paying his malpractice insurance for the next 5 years, its FN insane.
steamyromance is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women