Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162331
Yssup Rider60190
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48376
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41219
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-04-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Default KRAUTHAMMER..........TIDE IS TURNING AGAINST OBAMA...

Great piece by Krauthammer............

Fate is fickle, power cyclical, and nothing is new under the sun. Especially in Washington, where after every election the losing party is sagely instructed to confess sin, rend garments and rethink its principles lest it go the way of the Whigs. And where the victor is hailed as the new Caesar, facing an open road to domination.

And where Barack Obama, already naturally inclined to believe his own loftiness, graciously accepted the kingly crown and proceeded to ride his re-election success to a crushing victory over the GOP at the fiscal cliff, leaving a humiliated John Boehner & Co. with nothing but naked tax hikes.

Thus emboldened, Obama turned his inaugural and State of the Union addresses into a left-wing dream factory, from his declaration of war on global warming (on a planet where temperatures are the same as 16 years ago and in a country whose CO2 emissions are at a 20-year low) to the invention of new entitlements — e.g., universal preschool for 5-year-olds — for a country already drowning in debt.

To realize his dreams, Obama sought to fracture and neutralize the congressional GOP as a prelude to reclaiming the House in 2014. This would enable him to fully enact his agenda in the final two years of his presidency, usually a time of lame-duck paralysis. Hail the Obama juggernaut.

Well, that story — excuse me, narrative — lasted exactly six months. The Big Mo is gone.

It began with the sequester. Obama never believed the Republicans would call his bluff and let it go into effect. They did.

Taken by surprise, Obama cried wolf, predicting the end of everything we hold dear if the sequester was not stopped. It wasn’t. Nothing happened.

Highly embarrassed, and determined to indeed make (bad) things happen, the White House refused Republican offers to give it more discretion in making cuts. Bureaucrats were instructed to inflict maximum pain from minimal cuts, as revealed by one memo from the Agriculture Department demanding agency cuts that the public would feel.

Things began with the near-comical cancellation of White House tours and ended with not-so-comical airline delays. Obama thought furious passengers would blame the GOP. But isn’t the executive branch in charge of these agencies? Who thinks that a government spending $3.6 trillion a year can’t cut 2 percent without furloughing air traffic controllers?

Looking not just incompetent at managing budgets but cynical for deliberately injuring the public welfare, the administration relented. Congress quickly passed a bill giving Obama reallocation authority to restore air traffic control. Having previously threatened to veto any such bill, Obama caved. He signed.

Not exactly Appomattox, but coming immediately after Obama’s spectacular defeat on gun control, it marked an administration that had lost its “juice,” to paraphrase a charming question at the president’s news conference.

For Obama, gun control was a political disaster. He invested capital. He went on a multicity tour. He paraded grieving relatives. And got nothing. An assault-weapons ban — a similar measure had passed the Congress 20 years ago — lost 60-40 in a Senate where Democrats control 55 seats. Obama failed even to get mere background checks.

All this while appearing passive, if not helpless, on the world stage. On Syria, Obama was nervously trying to erase the WMD red line he had so publicly established. On Benghazi, he stonewalled accusations that State Department officials wishing to testify are being blocked.

He is even taking heat for the Boston bombings. Every day brings another revelation of signals missed beforehand. And his post-bombing pledge to hunt down those responsible was mocked by the scandalous Mirandizing of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, gratuitously shutting down information from the one person who knows more than anyone about possible still-existent explosives, associates, trainers, future plans, etc.

Now, the screw will undoubtedly turn again. If immigration reform passes, Obama will be hailed as the comeback kid, and a new “Obama rising” narrative proclaimed.

This will overlook the fact that immigration reform has little to do with Obama and everything to do with GOP panic about the Hispanic vote. In fact, Obama has been asked by congressional negotiators to stay away, so polarizing a figure has he become.

Nonetheless, whatever happens, the screw will surely turn again, if only because of media boredom. But that’s the one constant of Washington political life: There are no straight-line graphs. We live from inflection point to inflection point.

And we’ve just experienced one. From king of the world to dead in the water in six months. Quite a ride.
Charles Krauthammer is a columnist for The Washington Post, 1150 15th St. NW, Washington, DC 20071. Send email to letters@charleskrauthammer.com.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

If I am not mistaken this is the 314th (+ or - 3) thread that Trendy has started since November 6, 2012 (when we knew once and for all that Wisconsin and America were both "Trending" Obama) that has implied that the tide was finally turning against Obama.

I can't wait to see Trendy's 315th (+ or - 3) "Tide is Turning" Against Obama thread. I bet it will be a "Trend" setter!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #3
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Whineaway strikes out again.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #4
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Whineaway strikes out again and again and again and again and again and again and so on and so forth.
There, I fixed it for you!
Old 05-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #5
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

he did not write the article, if he had not I would have
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #6
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Thanks Whirly, Charles is another one that saw the light. Just like Christopher...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KHdhrNhh88
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Krauthammer is a highly respected journalist. He nailed President Obama on this article. Thanks Whirlaway for this post.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #8
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
he did not write the article, if he had not I would have
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
Thanks Whirly, Charles is another one that saw the light.
Frick and Frack giving the ol' high 5 to Trendy!
Old 05-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #9
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Frick and Frack giving the ol' high 5 to Trendy!
when was your last meaningful contribution to this form???????????
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #10
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

The tide always turns against lame duck second term Presidents. Remember Bush and his privatization of SS and all that political capital he thought he had? No big news here...
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #11
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
Krauthammer is a highly respected journalist. He nailed President Obama on this article. Thanks Whirlaway for this post.
Krauthammer is a partisan hack.

BTW, here he is predicting a Romney win. So much for his crystal ball gazing about the tide turning....

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...to_run_on.html
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:39 AM   #12
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post

BTW, here he is predicting a Romney win. So much for his crystal ball gazing about the tide turning....

I think ole Charles knew Obama was going to win but was to scared to actually say so...what he said was the math added up to a Obama win if the election were held right now but that Mitt would win because the improving economy was working in Mitt's favor!That is called talking out both sides of your ass...if he wanted to keep his job, he had to say that. He told the truth , that Obama was going to win , then had to backtrack because of Tea Tards like Whirly and JD!

"I feel like a presidential candidate, you quoted me out of context. I then continued to say that the election is not being held tomorrow and it's going to be held in November and Romney's going to win and I gave the reasons why that's true. And I've seen all over the internet people saying that I predicted Obama was going to win," syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer said about his prediction that Obama would win the election if it were held last week.

"And the reason why I said it at the time, which was two weeks ago, that Obama would win was not some deep analysis, I did the arithmetic. You take an average of the polls, the national polls, you put that together, that reduces the margin of error because you have a higher numerator and a higher denominator and if you're up by 2%, you're going to win. So that's not analysis, that's just pure math," Krauthammer explained.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #13
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

If making a wrong prediction makes you not credible; Obama is King !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of Obama's many wrong predictions:

- Unemployment won't go above 8.0%
- He'll cut the deficits in half in his first term
- His sequestration cuts will be devastating
- He'll veto any plan to water down his sequestration cuts - Obama later signed legislation giving authority to departments to shift funds around
- The list is too fucking long to recite........

Back to you Timmyboy..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post

Old 05-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #14
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

And Obama's latest wrong prediction:

He predicted Congress would pas his gun grab legislation................... .....Democrats didn't agree and voted it down !

Old 05-05-2013, 08:17 AM   #15
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Oh Yeah; how the hell did I forget this Obama whopper prediction:

My healthcare program will bend the cost curve downward !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women