Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
test
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70705
biomed162522
Yssup Rider60331
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48427
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41466
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35846
Mojojo33117

Old 11-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #1
Eccie Addict
Former Post Ho

Encounters: 25
Default Gaining Weight??

I have been told alot of different opinions on this matter but would like to pose this question to some of you who might have some knowledge on this subject.

I'm a thin guy myself and would like to gain a few pounds but don't know the best way to go about it. I have tried a couple of different weight gaining powders but they make me feel bloated and constipated. That is very hard for me to get used to. I don't want to gain much just an extra ten or twenty would be just about right.

I appreciate in advance any advice given.
Eccie Addict is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Number one thing I would do is to see a doctor for a full blood workup. If your bloodwork is good, I would count my blessings.
DEAR_JOHN is online now   Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:19 PM   #3
notanewbie
Premium Access

Encounters: 102

I am with DJ, be happy, with age there is a good chance your metabolism will change and that weight you seek will find you.
notanewbie is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #4
Eccie Addict
Former Post Ho

Well dang. How old do I have to be before that starts happening lol.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

I had some major thyroid problems that a simple blood test would have caught and gained quit a bit of weight over a 3 year period and have yet to lose it.

With UNHEALTHY weight gain comes some major problems.

Like I said, count your blessings.
DEAR_JOHN is online now   Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 08:47 PM   #6
Guest032414-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

Better to put on muscle weight than just food weight. Try just upping your lean protein intake (fish, chicken, etc.), eating more but smaller meals throughout the day, and working on a weight training regimen to add muscle mass.

Other than that, I agree with the others, count your blessings. I was 9% body fat at 20 not long after getting out of the army, 13 years later I feel like I'm 90% body fat.
Guest032414-2 is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #7
Eccie Addict
Former Post Ho

I'm 37 and I am pretty sure I don't have any fat anywhere lol. I do count my blessings it just gets frustrating sometimes.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:13 PM   #8
GeoEgo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Like Diomdis said, do weight training to gain muscle mass, and take some supplements to help you on that. Afterward, there is a possibility that you gain fat mass and you would be just fine.

Not too long ago, I tried the supplement "GNC amplified muscle igniter 4x" to enhance gaining muscle, and I added 12 lbs in a week or so. not kidding. I quit taking it afterward because I was not interested in gaining more weight.

* The called supplements does not work for everybody. I advice you to go to supplements' store, and find what works for you.
GeoEgo is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:26 PM   #9
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

I have a friend he can't gain either, its just how it is for some people. If you are like him your gains will be like fat peoples loses. You will lose it if you stop working at keeping it. I say the same be happy, hell I need to lose 20 pounds in a couple months.
Trey is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:24 AM   #10
GymRat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

You have a really fast metabolism, I have the same problem. If I don't workout, eat five or six small meals a day, and a couple of protein shakes, at 49 years old I still lose weight.
You sound like the textbook ectomorph. If you do consider working out, you may very well want to either get a trainer or google the keywords: ectomorph, bodybuilding, training. The best route would be to see a trainer. An ectomorph can easily over train, and it also helps to really know correct form for optimal gains.
Another thought, and I seldom endorse infomercials, but the P90X routine that you see on late night TV really does work. It has a great meal plan as well as muscle gaining routine. I personally know people who have made great breakthroughs with it, including an national level figure competitor. It does lean a little heavier on the aerobics than I would be interested in, but without ever having personally viewed the DVD, I couldn't tell you what not to follow. You can pick up used P90X DVDs on Ebay and Amazon for a fraction of the original price.
GymRat is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:44 AM   #11
MrWhite
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

I would be willing to bet that if you went to a doctor and had them run a complete blood test you would find your testosterone levels to be low. You can set up an appointment and complain of low sex drive, no ambition, motivation down and unable to maintain an errection which are all signs of low test levels. If your doctor listens to you and runs a blood test finding that you indeed do have low levels chances are they would put you on some type of HRT (hormone replacement therapy)

Dont let this scare you its common for men above 30 to have their test levels start to drop most consider the signs due to age but in fact it can be cured or resolved. I started to cycle about 3 years ago and although I am not big at 6'4 and 225 I am a good size.

http://www.discountsupplements.com/
If you want supplements this is the place to go as its far cheaper then GNC or those other places. Honestly you should try and obtain most of your diet through whole foods such as chicken, fish, meat, veggies, brown rice, ect..ect.. as someone above mentioned.

You do not post your stats but if you would like help with a diet I would be more then happy to work something up for you. If you want to research the topic the link listed below is full of amazingly helpful people and information.

http://forums.steroid.com/forumdispl...DIET-QUESTIONS

Dont be thrown off about the name the forum is one of the largest on the web and for sure one of the most informative. If you would like some farther advice please feel free to let me know as I said I would be more then happy to help you out.

FYI if you have a doc that will write you a script some test and deca will do you wonders! Sadly I dont have a doc that will do that so I source it out other ways.
MrWhite is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:45 AM   #12
ObyDATY
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Eat a pint of Blue Bell ice cream before bed every night for a month.

To gain weight you need to ingest more calories than you burn.
ObyDATY is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 08:51 AM   #13
Eccie Addict
Former Post Ho

I seriously doubt my testosterone level is low lol. When walk into a session I'm ready, no work needed.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:56 AM   #14
MrWhite
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccie Addict View Post
I seriously doubt my testosterone level is low lol. When walk into a session I'm ready, no work needed.
In that case look into the diet. There are many people like you who are hard gainers and depending on your efforts and determination its ease to overcome.
MrWhite is offline   Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #15
Smoke2nd
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Cheeseburgers
nuff said
Smoke2nd is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women