Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70708
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48437
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41515
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35879
Mojojo33117

Old 03-18-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Default GOP voters see party as "grumpy old men,"

The Republican party commissioned a study to find out why they lost the last election. The results were published today. I really liked the conclusion as reported by CBS News

"The report includes feedback from focus groups with Republican voters who view their party as "scary, narrow minded, out-of-touch grumpy old men."

With regards to Latinos, the report pays particular attention to the immigration issue and the Republican Party's messaging surrounding it.

"[I]f Hispanic Americans perceive that a GOP nominee or candidate does not want them in the United States (i.e. self-deportation), they will not pay attention to our next sentence," the report said

Well at least the Republican party is starting to face facts unlike some of the posters on this board.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #2
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
"scary, narrow minded, out-of-touch grumpy old men."
I suppose I was wrong. I always thought GOP stood for Grumpy Old Pricks!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
The Republican party commissioned a study to find out why they lost the last election. The results were published today. I really liked the conclusion as reported by CBS News

"The report includes feedback from focus groups with Republican voters who view their party as "scary, narrow minded, out-of-touch grumpy old men."

With regards to Latinos, the report pays particular attention to the immigration issue and the Republican Party's messaging surrounding it.

"[I]f Hispanic Americans perceive that a GOP nominee or candidate does not want them in the United States (i.e. self-deportation), they will not pay attention to our next sentence," the report said

Well at least the Republican party is starting to face facts unlike some of the posters on this board.
Get ready for the new and improved. You will like it even less...
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #4
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:

Yes the GOP is full of grumpy old men. unfortunately there isn't that many of them. But there is a whole hell of a lot of minority and college dupes who have been promised the moon by the Democratic Party. Thats their winning strategy. Now ya can't fool all the people all the time. But the Dems have proven you can fool a bunch of desperate dupes long enough to get elected.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:59 PM   #5
BigLouie
Valued Poster

This is not just my opinion. Party Chairman Reince Priebus and a group of party elders were the ones who put out an extraordinarily candid assessment released Monday.

This from USToday in the Opinion section:

They argue that too many Republican candidates come off as scary, narrow-minded and out of touch, and they advocate a number of course corrections. Among them, they say, Republicans should:

1. Stop talking only to themselves and become better acquainted with everyday Americans.
2. Build their party around successful and pragmatic governors rather than strident members of Congress.
3. Find candidates who can tailor their messages of economic opportunity to the poor, minorities and women.
4. Stop being so reflexively defensive of corporate executives and the super wealthy.

There is something else that Republicans need to do: Regain control of their party.

Several groups within the GOP have set themselves up as power brokers, gate keepers and loyalty enforcers. Sporting names like the Club for Growth, Americans for Tax Reform, Heritage Action, FreedomWorks and Tea Party Patriots, they make candidates look less like public servants and more like political hostages of extremist groups.

Without some significant changes, the GOP will find it very difficult to win presidential races. That won't be good for the party. And it won't be good for the nation, which benefits from having two strong, credible and competitive parties, one of which advocates smaller government.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:11 PM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

The GOP is full of grumpy old men. That is why CuteOldGuys won't associate with the party.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:26 PM   #7
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
This is not just my opinion. Party Chairman Reince Priebus and a group of party elders were the ones who put out an extraordinarily candid assessment released Monday.

This from USToday in the Opinion section:

They argue that too many Republican candidates come off as scary, narrow-minded and out of touch, and they advocate a number of course corrections. Among them, they say, Republicans should:

1. Stop talking only to themselves and become better acquainted with everyday Americans.
2. Build their party around successful and pragmatic governors rather than strident members of Congress.
3. Find candidates who can tailor their messages of economic opportunity to the poor, minorities and women.
4. Stop being so reflexively defensive of corporate executives and the super wealthy.

There is something else that Republicans need to do: Regain control of their party.

Several groups within the GOP have set themselves up as power brokers, gate keepers and loyalty enforcers. Sporting names like the Club for Growth, Americans for Tax Reform, Heritage Action, FreedomWorks and Tea Party Patriots, they make candidates look less like public servants and more like political hostages of extremist groups.

Without some significant changes, the GOP will find it very difficult to win presidential races. That won't be good for the party. And it won't be good for the nation, which benefits from having two strong, credible and competitive parties, one of which advocates smaller government.
Well thats pretty much what I said. I just put it a bit more realistically. If the GOP can appeal to those who have been wondering aimlessly about and give them a sense of hope and direction that they'll probably never achieve on their own, then a GOP candidate can expect to win in the political arena. That includes the Poor, Minorities, and women. (especially single mothers and Lesbians). For quite some time now, unbeknownced to the GOP the above groups have been the largest members of the voting public and they gravitate to candidates that they feel can relate to them. They have resentment towards the GOP cause they feel the GOP represent the wealthy caucasians.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #8
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
The GOP is full of grumpy old men. That is why CuteOldGuys won't associate with the party.
But how about the StupidOldLyingFarts?

I think you want us to believe you won't support a party, but my guess is that you haven't been invited to a party of any kind in years!

GOP continues to plummet into irrelevance.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #9
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
But how about the StupidOldLyingFarts?

And so do StupidOldLyingFarts!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:12 AM   #10
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post
Yes the GOP is full of grumpy old men. unfortunately there isn't that many of them. But there is a whole hell of a lot of minority and college dupes who have been promised the moon by the Democratic Party. Thats their winning strategy. Now ya can't fool all the people all the time. But the Dems have proven you can fool a bunch of desperate dupes long enough to get elected.

Thinking like yours will loose the next election. Good work, must not be a college educated member of society.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #11
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
Thinking like yours will loose the next election. Good work, must not be a college educated member of society.
Thats exactly how the Democrats won. They will continue to win in that manner for the remainder of our natural lives. So don't tell me about strategy it's not hard to see whats going on.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #12
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
that is why there 30 GOP governors and total control in states like blue state Michigan who are under taking to rebuild Detroit that was run by the yellow dog donkeys

I see you are one of the top posters now, too bad 90% are just babble babble
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #13
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Eat your heart out Muskogee.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #14
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
that is why there 30 GOP governors and total control in states like blue state Michigan who are under taking to rebuild Detroit that was run by the yellow dog donkeys

I see you are one of the top posters now, too bad 90% are just babble babble

If you read the article you note that it says the Republican governors do a much better job than Republican Senators or Congressmen
Old 03-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #15
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
If you read the article you note that it says the Republican governors do a much better job than Republican Senators or Congressmen
I was referring to assups comment
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women