Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70787
biomed163165
Yssup Rider60806
gman4453287
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48626
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42479
CryptKicker37213
The_Waco_Kid36919
Mokoa36496
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-12-2016, 12:39 PM   #1
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 10
Default Invest Your Money With the Clintons and Lose 90%!

Hey, do ya thinks ya could be a successful hedge fund manager? Do ya thinks ya got what it takes? If ya started up a fund and TRIED to lose as much of your investors' money as fast as you could, do ya thinks ya could piss away 90% of it in two years?

If so, then Chelsea Clinton and her brilliant fund manager husband want to hire ya!

It was a hedge fund portfolio pitched by Hillary Clinton’s son-in-law, Marc Mezvinsky, as an opportunity to bet on a Greek economic revival.

Now, two years later, the Greece-focused fund is shutting down, after losing nearly 90 percent of its value, according to two investors with direct knowledge of the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/11/bu...edge-fund.html
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:45 PM   #2
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Another stretch... don't vote for Clinton's son in law!

WOOOO! GREAT THREAD JUNIOR!!!!

Where's Billy Carter when we all need a beer?

Or Bristol Palin ... I'm sure some of you still want to make babies!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:58 PM   #3
lustylad
Premium Access

What I don't understand is why didn't Hildebeest take some time away from campaigning to give her son-in-law a few pointers on successful investing.... in CATTLE futures!

Oh, and fuck you assup! The only STRETCH here is you nimbly stretching your starfish for the Austin Reacharound Crew!
Old 05-12-2016, 01:05 PM   #4
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
What I don't understand is why didn't Hildebeest take some time away from campaigning to give her son-in-law a few pointers on successful investing.... in CATTLE futures!
I don't think the services of the redoubtable "Red" Bone are any longer available!
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:11 PM   #5
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
I don't think the services of the redoubtable "Red" Bone are any longer available!
That's too bad... the way I figure it, that Mezvinsky idiot could have offered to swap out the remaining principal into a cattle futures fund... then if it went up 1000%, his investors would be back to Break Even!
Old 05-12-2016, 01:20 PM   #6
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
That's too bad... the way I figure it, that Mezvinsky idiot could have offered to swap out the remaining principal into a cattle futures fund... then if it went up 1000%, his investors would be back to Break Even!
Not to worry!

There have to be some potential beneficiaries of the Clinton Foundation who'd be happy to arrange for someone -- somewhere -- to front-run some trades for the kid's fund!
Old 05-12-2016, 01:24 PM   #7
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
Not to worry!

There have to be some potential beneficiaries of the Clinton Foundation who'd be happy to arrange for someone -- somewhere -- to front-run some trades for the kid's fund!
Oh my! That sounds a bit shady to me.... Isn't that illegal? Or do the rules not apply to the Clintons and their crony benefactors?
Old 05-12-2016, 01:31 PM   #8
DSK
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Hey, do ya thinks ya could be a successful hedge fund manager? Do ya thinks ya got what it takes? If ya started up a fund and TRIED to lose as much of your investors' money as fast as you could, do ya thinks ya could piss away 90% of it in two years?

If so, then Chelsea Clinton and her brilliant fund manager husband want to hire ya!

It was a hedge fund portfolio pitched by Hillary Clinton’s son-in-law, Marc Mezvinsky, as an opportunity to bet on a Greek economic revival.

Now, two years later, the Greece-focused fund is shutting down, after losing nearly 90 percent of its value, according to two investors with direct knowledge of the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/11/bu...edge-fund.html
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...his father is profiled below:

Edward Maurice "Ed" Mezvinsky (/mɛzˈvɪnski/; born January 17, 1937) is an American former politician and congressman. A Democrat, he represented Iowa's 1st congressional district in the U.S. House of Representatives for two terms (1973–77).

Mezvinsky grew up in Ames, Iowa, and played high school football there. He received his law degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law (1965). After being elected to the Iowa Legislature (1968), he lost a race for Congress in 1970, then won in 1972. He made several unsuccessful U.S. Senate attempts in the 1980s.

In 2001, he was convicted of 31 charges of felony fraud, and served five years in federal prison.[4]

In 2010, he became father-in-law to Chelsea Clinton.
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:31 PM   #9
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Oh my! That sounds a bit shady to me.... Isn't that illegal? Or do the rules not apply to the Clintons and their crony benefactors?
Oh, I'm sorry! For a moment I forgot that we're talking about people who never attempt to skirt the law and always seek to ensure that everything is handled with transparency and aboveboard.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:32 PM   #10
DSK
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Not to worry!

People probably invested with him figuring he would get advance notice of merger approvals from the many friends inside the government....lot of money to be made on that as well as upcoming tender offers...
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:35 PM   #11
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
People probably invested with him figuring he would get advance notice of merger approvals from the many friends inside the government....lot of money to be made on that as well as upcoming tender offers...
Likely an appealing point, as many people love to ingratiate themselves to the most well-connected and well-known players. The insider's insider, some no doubt figured.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:42 PM   #12
lustylad
Premium Access

Quote:
His fund invested in Greece. I assume it mostly bought Greek debt (both sovereign and private) selling at hefty discounts. It would have been a bet on a successful EU bailout of the Greek economy, since this would have resulted in a bounce-back in the prices of Greek debt. Maybe Hillary introduced him to some EU insiders who told him a bailout was a near certainty.

But then Alexis Tsipras was elected and the whole trade was fucked!

Having said that, it still takes a special kind of stupid to lose 90 fucking percent! I doubt whether any comparable "peer group" funds (i.e. those with similar investment strategies) performed as disastrously as this one did.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:21 PM   #13
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...his father is profiled below:

Edward Maurice "Ed" Mezvinsky (/mɛzˈvɪnski/; born January 17, 1937) is an American former politician and congressman. A Democrat, he represented Iowa's 1st congressional district in the U.S. House of Representatives for two terms (1973–77).

Mezvinsky grew up in Ames, Iowa, and played high school football there. He received his law degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law (1965). After being elected to the Iowa Legislature (1968), he lost a race for Congress in 1970, then won in 1972. He made several unsuccessful U.S. Senate attempts in the 1980s.

In 2001, he was convicted of 31 charges of felony fraud, and served five years in federal prison.[4]

In 2010, he became father-in-law to Chelsea Clinton.
You forgot the mother Majorie Margolies-Mezvinsky. A former reporter who became a congresswoman and was the deciding vote on the 1993 budget. I wonder if did he as well. He talked her into tanking her career some way.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 02:22 PM   #14
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Quote:
His fund invested in Greece. I assume it mostly bought Greek debt (both sovereign and private) selling at hefty discounts. It would have been a bet on a successful EU bailout of the Greek economy, since this would have resulted in a bounce-back in the prices of Greek debt. Maybe Hillary introduced him to some EU insiders who told him a bailout was a near certainty.

But then Alexis Tsipras was elected and the whole trade was fucked!

Having said that, it still takes a special kind of stupid to lose 90 fucking percent! I doubt whether any comparable "peer group" funds (i.e. those with similar investment strategies) performed as disastrously as this one did.
Obviously they expected a bailout just like Goldman- Sachs.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 03:53 PM   #15
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

And people were wondering how they could afford that 15milion dollar apartment in New York.
You think he took some pointers from Bernie?
Maybe it was just another Clinton Family Crime Syndicate Op.
I wonder if the hedge fund donated to the Foundation.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women