Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 376
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70747
biomed162855
Yssup Rider60528
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48516
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42032
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36405
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 03-02-2014, 10:04 AM   #1
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Default Tim Cook advises climate change deniers to get out of Apple stock

I'm due for a free phone upgrade from AT&T. I have been happy with this I-phone but for my upgrade I will look at every thing but Apple products... FUCKEM

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57...f-apple-stock/

Nick Statt by Nick Statt February 28, 2014 5:04 PM PST

In his job as Apple CEO, Tim Cook is mostly known for having a demeanor that's in some ways antithetical to that of Steve Jobs. Instead of bombast and bold claims, Cook's soothing Southern-tinged speech and steely temperament have marked him as a man whose head could be nothing but level. That is, unless you're a shareholder who thinks climate change is bogus.

At Apple's annual shareholder meeting Friday, Cook shot down the suggestion from a conservative, Washington, D.C.-based think tank that Apple give up on environmental initiatives that don't contribute to the company's bottom line.
The organization, the National Center for Public Policy Research (NCPPR), hasn't taken too kindly to Apple's increasing reliance on green energy, nor Cook's hiring of Lisa Jackson, the former head of the Environmental Protection Agency, to spearhead sustainability efforts for the iPhone-maker. And NCPPR General Counsel Justin Danhof said as much in a statement issued to Apple ahead of the meeting.

"We object to increased government control over company products and operations, and likewise mandatory environmental standards," Danhof wrote alongside NCPPR's demand that the pledge be voted on at the meeting. "This is something [Apple] should be actively fighting, not preparing surrender."
Cook came back with a harsh reminder that despite the company's mounds of cash, it is not in the business of caving to shareholder demands, especially politically motivated ones. "We do a lot of things for reasons besides profit motive," Cook said. "We want to leave the world better than we found it."
Danhof's proposal was voted down, of course, but not before Cook put the final touches on his rebuttal. To any who found the company's environmental dedication either ideologically or economically ill-advised, they can "get out of the stock," Cook said.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #2
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Has Cook heard of Roy Spence, Patrick Moore, and Studebaker?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:59 PM   #3
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I love it when people who "vote with their wallets" also blow off both feet at the same time.

You like Apple products, you think you get your money's worth from them, but you will buy what you believe is an inferior product because of their business practices?

Yea, THAT makes a lot of sense. Somehow. In a weird, contorted way I guess.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #4
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

He is going to get his wish with me. I'm selling his overpriced stock.
However, I admire his candor and putting his money where his mouth is. Well, actually, he parks all his money outside of America, but you know what I meant.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:16 PM   #5
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Why would anyone hire Lisa Jackson? She's the only person that's been kicked out of the Obama administration.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 01:36 PM   #6
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I think the point being made is that someday Apple will write a check that they can't cash and the stock will take bigggg hit.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:53 PM   #7
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

A viral video, with Tim Cook's video playing on a I-phone. A hammer, that comes crashing down on it... LOL

Should I waste the $100.00 this I-phone is worth? YUP...
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:01 PM   #8
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Yep. IFFY confirms it. He's blown off both feet, now working on the arms.
Old-T is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women