Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 374
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 272
George Spelvin 257
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70641
biomed162100
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453186
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48271
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41212
CryptKicker37162
Mokoa36490
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-14-2017, 04:19 AM   #1
Guest020720
Account Disabled

User ID: 1004
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Any doctors available for help with a old lady issue?

Well, it's official...I'm getting old.

Plus a bit overweight at the moment, and my knees are not very happy with me.

The dr I saw today suggested I see an orthopedic dr.

I believe that I need some cortisone injections.

I'm fighting a decision that took away my insurance in March and got scammed by a "private" insurance company the other day.

So for now, I don't have insurance, and the "new patient " prices are so high, and I'm pretty sure I can afford the shots though.

Anyone on here in that field?

PM me or let me know to contact you.

I'm not sure this is the right forum.

It's ok if I'm not your "type" to do any sort of barter.

But this is waking me up during the night, and restricting some of the things I could usually do BCD.

Thank you very much!!!
Guest020720 is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 06:54 PM   #2
pmdelites
consulting for delites

Encounters: 122

angie, sorry that your body is not treating you well :^(

first of all, i would get a 2nd opinion from another doctor. perhaps at county hopsital since you dont have insurance right now. have someone else give a diagnosis and prognosis AND various types of treatments, physical therapies, medications, prosthetics, etc.

cortisone injections only reduces the swelling some, will plump up the rest of your body, and doesnt really address the underlying problem. it's like taking aspirin for a bad fever caused by who knows what.

there are other things you can do to help your body adjust to the underlying problem.

i've got very mild arthritis in my left knee (between knee cap and tibia lower leg). i did a bunch of exercises for about 3 months and that helped a lot. it still zaps me every once in a while. just hoping that the day of reckoning is far in the future.

good luck!!!
pmdelites is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 07:02 PM   #3
Tara Evans
Account Disabled

User ID: 679
My ECCIE Reviews

Just sent a 7pm. Runners and those shots I'm all to well with. Have good help for ya to give you
Tara Evans is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:04 PM   #4
FunInDFW
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Evans View Post
Just sent a 7pm. Runners and those shots I'm all to well with. Have good help for ya to give you
Go drunk, you're home.
FunInDFW is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:16 PM   #5
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Try over the counter non-steroidal anti-noninflammatory drugs. One is usually as good as the other. I've used to us Naproxen (Aleve). However, don't use if you have a kidney problem or take a blood thinner. I'm not adovcating taking more than a non-prescription dose, but 2x the OTC dose is a typical starting prescription does. Under no circumstances would I take more than that without at least consulting your PCP.

NSIAD's can also be alternated to a limited degree with acetaminophen (Tylenol). Here is some information on that. But I'd try only the NSAID first. They usually relieve mild musculoskelatal pain and joint inflammation pretty well. But be sure to give it more than one dose before you decide it's not working. Getting your blood level up requires regular dosing for a couple of days.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:35 PM   #6
Tara Evans
Account Disabled

User ID: 679
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunInDFW View Post
Go drunk, you're home.
Really i dont drink looozer. Its called hitting the wrong number. Go pay someone to suck you off. Wait you can't lol. Dam to bad your ass cant even buy pussy.

Its pm. Instead of 7pm. Really its a Friday nite dont you have something to be doing? Oh wait you don't i forgot you have no life except being on here 24 7. 7 days a week. Did this drunk ass spelllll that correctly foorr youu <uuuu
Tara Evans is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 04:49 AM   #7
mag7315
Premium Access

Encounters: 10

I don't have a recommendation for a specific ortho because of the insurance situation. I will tell you that it is quite possible to find a doctor that will give a cash discount for services. I've had everything done to my knees except for replacement. There is nothing wrong with cortisone shots. They can be done by a PA. They make a big difference. The only issue is that you have to limit them due to the risk of necrosis. Conventional wisdom is 1 per 6 month time period.

I have had lots of cortisone shots in several joints. It can be a game changer. Keep working it until you find someone who will work with you financially. It will worth it. Good luck.
mag7315 is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:30 AM   #8
Guest020720
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Thank you everyone for all the advice.

A little more information:

Around 2010 I also had a surgery on the same leg to have a varicose vein removed. Unfortunately they were not able to use the "fry it closed" method (I don't recall the technical term for it) as the vein closed up on them when they tried to put the probe in it. It was very bad and bulging, and it was causing some pain. So, they decided to do it the old school way, called vein stripping. This is a method where they cut into sections of the vein and pull it out. Resulting in an injury to my lymph node in my thigh.

This gave me a condition in my leg called edema, primarily in one leg more than the other. I think another cause of the swelling (and maybe a little bit of the pain) is that I haven't been eating that great and thought I was being healthier by eating sandwiches at home, and saving money. My sister (who had the radio frequency procedure and is familiar with the swelling) informed me that the ham I have been eating all week is very bad for me, with it being a processed food and containing quite a bit of sodium. I'm guilty of not eating too well the last few days, I did much better last night.

No salt, limited sugar, no caffeine, no sodas, no booze (which I haven't been doing for months, other than a few bears on the fourth of July.

So, I've got that complication as well. The swelling got really bad yesterday.

I have contacted my pain doctor (whom I see for a condition with my back - rough basketball player, and very large children took it's toll) - and he cannot see me until the 26th to give me injections, but it will only be $100 for that visit. Hopefully with the lymphatic massage I'm going to be doing today, the swelling will go down quite a lot. It's not the most comfortable thing to do, but it must be done.

I already have a prescription for pain medication which I was totally off other than one here or there on rare occasion where my back pain was just too much to handle. I've been taking it all week.

It was also suggested to me by another member of our community to take some Turmeric supplements to reduce swelling (by the way, it works great on boils too as a paste) as well as zinc to speed up healing. Magnesium as well to help process the toxins out of my body faster.

I am also ordering the special wrapping to put on my leg at night to reduce the edema.

I have been taking ibuprofen several times a day. As well as the occasional pain pill. I'm trying to be careful with them, as I do not want to feel a high (which you normally do not when you are in severe pain - which I am). I'm really surprised at how much pain I am in, but the medicine and the supplements are helping a lot.

I really appreciate the kind actions and assistance with information that I have gotten.

Update regarding my insurance: Social Security is reviewing my case and a wonderful lady at my local office is personally looking at everything, and hopefully I will have my insurance back within a couple of weeks. That means they will reimburse me for my expenses at the hospital and at my doctor's office for treatment. As well as provide me back pay on the months I was off disability. Of course this financial assistance will be adjusted based on my income from real world jobs, and hopefully will not be needed shortly after I find a job in my field.

TLDR: edema has caused additional complications in my knee.
the pain is significant, but I have a few medications and supplements, as well as diet, that is helping and should continue helping. I'm very thankful for the advice and help I have received.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:41 AM   #9
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Also for the edema, RICE.

http://www.webmd.com/first-aid/tc/re...topic-overview
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 11:46 AM   #10
ElBombero
Premium Access

Encounters: 10

Not a doctor, but have old knees and too much weight on them. I went to doctors, orthopedic surgeons, physical therapists, etc. A doctor in Dallas finally gave me the best advise and it's working very well... Aleve every day, drop a few lbs, and lots of strengthening excercises. I paid my co-pay and went to work. My knees are a non-issue these days. Now, if I could figure out how to get a back rub and bj at the house, I'd be all set.
ElBombero is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 01:03 PM   #11
Butch Cassidy
Premium Access

Encounters: 169

Not a doctor and the typical reply to what Im about to suggest is " Yeahbutt" which is a small furry animal....

I have been practising Bikram Yoga since 2000(specifically Bikram, not Sunstone which Ive tried, not Hot Yoga Flow, the original 90 minute Bikram yoga class) and Im telling you I have seen miracles.

People weeks away from knee replacement surgery totally rehabilitating their joint, lifelong runners rehab their backs,on and on and on.

I dont drink or take anything stronger than Benadryl and havnt for almost 26 years so Im not the best example of one of those " miracles"(except for not drinking ) but Im a hard working tradesman and have no issues with my body.

To me that is proof that consistent practise if that yoga is UNBELIEVABLY GOOD FOR A PERSONS BODY.

At least four times a week

Warning: You will feel like you're being crucified at first , but at the end of class you might have an experience close to an orgasm.

Best wishes
Butch Cassidy is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 05:12 PM   #12
Guest020720
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks for all the advice and suggestions. I have been losing weight, but not as fast as I would like.
I'll look into that yoga.
And tush, I've been doing the RICE thing (I thought you meant at first from checking my email, that you thought I should EAT rice. LOL)

Here's what I look like lately with trying to get as much fluid out as I can: (taken the other day)

I was lucky enough to get to go see Loving Kayla. I know she is out of the hobby now, but we have been good friends for years and years.

I was talking about how amazing of a massage therapist she is, and although she does not have an RMT license, that I know she is the only person I will see for a really good massage. I was telling her that her regular clients must be hurting for a good massage again, and gave her the idea that maybe if they understand and agree that there's no "bonuses" in the session, (like keep draped, you know?) that people could contact me and I'd help arrange getting old friends back in touch if all they are looking for a massage. And she mentioned that would help her keep her strength up.
She looks amazing by the way!
Old 07-15-2017, 08:32 PM   #13
littlepickle
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3

I'm a medic in an ER, but have done work in specialty offices and such. Best I could say is from Elbombero. Might even want to throw in an aspirin since I notice swelling near lower leg/ankle area. I would say hold off on cortisone shots, once you open that box of worms it will be a constant. Another thing too is a lot of offices give pretty good discounts for self pay and cash pays without the insurance hassle, and it would be smoother to get on a payment plan that way. And although it will take time, diet and excercise, even yoga will for sure alleviate swelling and pain. Best of luck.
littlepickle is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:56 PM   #14
NamedUser69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Cortisone shots are a bandaid to an underlying problem. So is paying women to fuck. -Dr. Gray Knight.
NamedUser69 is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 08:57 PM   #15
Leftlink
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 16

Lol, I like you! ������ I need to see you...If you are like that in bed...hells yeah!
Leftlink is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women