Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 376
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70748
biomed162864
Yssup Rider60528
gman4453253
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48516
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42032
CryptKicker37191
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36408
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 10-02-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
markroxny
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3
Default The presidential debate - debate

We might as well start this thread now. The debate is tomorrow night and soon we will all be going back and forth about how we think our guy "won".

Keys to victory?

Here's mine:

Mitt Romney:
  • Willard has been severely damaged by his 47% comments. He dismissed half the electorate and he has to recover if he hopes to have a prayer. He can't spin it, he has to own it and confront it. No easy task.
  • Next, he has to stick to the economy. This is the only winning issue for him and he has to stay on it as much as possible. Economy, economy, economy.
  • Don't go in on Obamacare. It was based on Romneycare and to attack it to hard looks really stupid. Mention it and move on. It's not a winning issue for Willard.
  • Don't get rattled. Romney has shown he is no good at getting rattled. Newt and Rick Perry were man-handling him in the primaries. He can't get against the ropes with Obama, cuz he'll get knocked out.

President Obama:
  • Rattle Willard. As I just mentioned Romney is no good when he's put on the defensive. Confront him with everything he doesn't want to talk about. 47%, Romneycare, his taxes, the details of his plans. The president has a ton of material to use to go in on Romney
  • Lay out successes. There are many, time to list them. The jobs, the auto industry, new laws, bin laden, iraq, etc. Stop letting the other side paint you as someone who hasn't been able to get any good things done.
  • Keep your cool. It's something Obama is a MASTER at. He doesn't get rattled. Just stay cool while Romney gets nutty, it makes you look more experienced and in control...cuz you are.
  • Bitch slap any stupid questions or statements made by anyone on the stage. Be like a pimp up there and don't take any bullshit.

There's my pre-game thoughts. What are yours?
markroxny is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

“‘I can see him [Odumbo] now talking about how he [Odumbo] killed bin Laden.’

“We had seen it before when he [Odumbo] took credit for the Captain Phillips rescue. Although we applauded the decision making in this case, there was no doubt in anybody’s mind that he [Odumbo] would take all the political credit for this too” (193, Owens).

“Of course, the raid is now being used in a political wrestling match for the White House. The mission was never about that for the twenty-four men who climbed on board the helicopters that night. Politics are for the Washington, D.C., policy makers who safely watched the action on a video monitor from thousands of miles away” [emphasis emphasized] (298, Owens).

Owen, Mark. No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden : The Autobiography of a Navy SEAL. Dutton: New York, 2012. Pp. xvi, 316.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #3
timpage
Account Disabled

I don't see these debates changing the mix very much. I don't expect a Rick Perry moment, certainly not from Obama.

And I hope Romney chastises Obama for getting Bin Laden....unfortunately, unlike you, he's not quite that stupid.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #4
CJ7
Valued Poster

the Commission on Presidential Debates makes the decision about the questions in the debate. Questions in general, are about the ISSUES, jobs, economy, healthcare etc ...

unless youre a brain dead idiot, Bin Laden isnt an issue ... he's a history lesson.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
I don't see these debates changing the mix very much. I don't expect a Rick Perry moment, certainly not from Obama.

And I hope Romney chastises Obama for getting Bin Laden....unfortunately, unlike you, he's not quite that stupid.
You missed the point of Mark Owens' comments, Little Timmy. Odumbo wasn't in Bagram during the raid. Odumbo wasn't in Jalalabad during the raid. Odumbo didn't get on a helicopter and "fly to the X" in Abbottabad, Little Timmy.

"Washington, D.C., policy makers [including Odumbo] . . . watched the action [safely] on a video monitor from thousands of miles away” (298, Owens).

Owen, Mark. No Easy Day: The Firsthand Account of the Mission That Killed Osama Bin Laden : The Autobiography of a Navy SEAL. Dutton: New York, 2012. Pp. xvi, 316.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
You missed the point of Mark Owens' comments, Little Timmy. Odumbo wasn't in Bagram during the raid. Odumbo wasn't in Jalalabad during the raid. Odumbo didn't get on a helicopter and "fly to the X" in Abbottabad, Little Timmy.

"Washington, D.C., policy makers [including Odumbo] . . . watched the action [safely] on a video monitor from thousands of miles away” (298, Owens).

No, I got the point exactly. It makes you insane that Bin Laden was killed while Obama was President and that he made the call that initiated the operation that resulted in Bin Laden's death. You're so stupidly partisan that it's impossible for you to give Obama any credit for the death of this man that murdered 3,000 Americans and, in recognition that the killing of Bin Laden is politically advantageous to Obama, you have to attack him in order to try to deprive him of that advantage. That about cover it?
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #7
trynagetlaid
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Re: Bin Laden...we would have killed or captured him eventually, no matter who occupied the Oval Office - - - said no one ever!!!

(With the exception of I. B. Wankering, ECCIE Sandbox dipshit of the year)
trynagetlaid is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #8
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
No, I got the point exactly. It makes you insane that Bin Laden was killed while Obama was President and that he made the call that initiated the operation that resulted in Bin Laden's death. You're so stupidly partisan that it's impossible for you to give Obama any credit for the death of this man that murdered 3,000 Americans and, in recognition that the killing of Bin Laden is politically advantageous to Obama, you have to attack him in order to try to deprive him of that advantage. That about cover it?
Not at all Little Timmy. Everybody on that mission knows who really pulled the trigger, and they know it wasn’t Odumbo despite his “I this” and “I that” speech afterwards.

It was under Bush 43 – not Odumbo – that U.S. and coalition forces secured Bagram and Jalalabad as the operational bases in Afghanistan from which the raid was launched.

It was under Bush 43 – not Odumbo – that Mohammed al-Qahtani was captured at Tora Bora in December 2001 and sent to Guantanamo where he was interrogated throughout 2002-2003. It was under Bush 43 – not Odumbo – that al-Qahtani gave up Ahmed al-Kuwaiti as an important bin Laden courier.

It was under Bush 43 – not Odumbo – that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was captured in 2003. It was under Bush 43 – not Odumbo – while under interrogation, that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed also betrayed and confirmed Ahmed al-Kuwaiti was an important bin Laden courier.

Subsequently, in 2004 under Bush 43 – not Odumbo, another bin Laden courier, Hassan Ghul, was captured, and he, under Bush 43 – not Odumbo, also betrayed and further confirmed Ahmed al-Kuwaiti was an important bin Laden courier.

Furthermore, the CIA operative assigned to find Ahmed al-Kuwaiti in 2007 was instrumental in tracing al-Kuwaiti to Abbottabad. Similarly, every-single one of the twenty-four operatives that made that raid were on-board and trained before Odumbo was even sworn into office in January 2009.

Meanwhile -- while twenty-four operatives flew to the X --

Old 10-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #9
Sensia
Account Disabled

User ID: 6814
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by markroxny View Post
We might as well start this thread now. The debate is tomorrow night and soon we will all be going back and forth about how we think our guy "won".

Keys to victory?

Here's mine:

Mitt Romney:
  • Willard has been severely damaged by his 47% comments. He dismissed half the electorate and he has to recover if he hopes to have a prayer. He can't spin it, he has to own it and confront it. No easy task.
  • Next, he has to stick to the economy. This is the only winning issue for him and he has to stay on it as much as possible. Economy, economy, economy.
  • Don't go in on Obamacare. It was based on Romneycare and to attack it to hard looks really stupid. Mention it and move on. It's not a winning issue for Willard.
  • Don't get rattled. Romney has shown he is no good at getting rattled. Newt and Rick Perry were man-handling him in the primaries. He can't get against the ropes with Obama, cuz he'll get knocked out.

President Obama:
  • Rattle Willard. As I just mentioned Romney is no good when he's put on the defensive. Confront him with everything he doesn't want to talk about. 47%, Romneycare, his taxes, the details of his plans. The president has a ton of material to use to go in on Romney
  • Lay out successes. There are many, time to list them. The jobs, the auto industry, new laws, bin laden, iraq, etc. Stop letting the other side paint you as someone who hasn't been able to get any good things done.
  • Keep your cool. It's something Obama is a MASTER at. He doesn't get rattled. Just stay cool while Romney gets nutty, it makes you look more experienced and in control...cuz you are.
  • Bitch slap any stupid questions or statements made by anyone on the stage. Be like a pimp up there and don't take any bullshit.

There's my pre-game thoughts. What are yours?
That is pretty close to my thoughts as well. I can't wait for the debate.. hopefully I finish up with my business in Cali tomorrow in time to get back to the hotel and watch it!
Sensia is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #10
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

The problem with Romney talking about the economy is it's not a winning point for him now. He's fucked that up two ways. First, by not having any policies that differ from the Bush administration, he's left himself open to the counter attack from Obama that all he wants to do is "double down on stupid." Second, he picked Paul Ryan, who has adopted the least palatable, most radical economic plan in history (and one that has no chance at all of even balancing the budge like it says). Frankly, I have no idea what Romney can do at this point.

All Obama has to do is not fuck up. Just take nice even swings and hit a single.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #11
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation In The Bag

Personally, I think the election is in the bag for President Obama.

Mitt Romney has an uphill battle and he always seems to find novel ways to fuck things up. He is gaffe prone and I expect him to embarass himself in an entirely new way on Wednesday night..

. . . The election is President Obama's to lose and he is much too cerebral and well focused to drop the ball at the one yard line!

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #12
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

The choice of Romneys vice president is as stupid as the choice of the vice president 4 years ago. Sara Palin.
Of course Obama has the "47%" against Romney, but also most of the billionaires who are democrats.
And all the people who support higher taxes for rich people.

Besides that, Obama will win all the debates.
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #13
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
The choice of Romneys vice president is as stupid as the choice of the vice president 4 years ago. Sara Palin.
Of course Obama has the "47%" against Romney, but also most of the billionaires who are democrats.
And all the people who support higher taxes for rich people.

Besides that, he'll win all the debates.
I don't think that America should have a super rich president that has absolutely no idea of how average people live.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #14
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
I don't think that America should have a super rich president that has absolutely no idea of how average people live.
Especially as a corporate raider, the way he got rich.
Did he care about all the people he fired?
Not a single moment. The money was what made him do what he did.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:37 PM   #15
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Quote:
What an asswhole.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women