Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Member Suggestions and Forum Requests
Member Suggestions and Forum Requests This site is being designed around our membership. Please share your feedback and give suggestions. Use this section to request new forums or changes/updates as well. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70516
biomed161291
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453076
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47910
pyramider46370
bambino40540
CryptKicker37123
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-18-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
swwaustin
Philanderer’s Anonymous

Encounters: 98
Default Removal of threads by request of original poster

I would like to petition that we change one of the commonly used rules to remove threads if requested by the original poster. It doesn't seem fair that an OP can request that a thread be removed with any or no reason. It seems to me that when a thread starts to generate activity, ownership becomes shared by all posters. I don't have any issues with an individual poster requesting and having their own posts removed, or even at times if Mods lock a thread, but the removal of threads seems to be counterproductive to a community that proclaims to share information.

All input would be appreciated pro or con.
swwaustin is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:31 AM   #2
dearhunter
Dr. Wonderful

I would first ask if your assessment is correct about thread removal on this board.

I firmly believe that a thread starter should be allowed to request that his thread be locked. It doesn't matter the reason. If someone doesn't like it they can go start their own fucking thread.......and not lock it.

I do not believe that anyone should be allowed to have a thread removed. I can understand Admins need to remove or edit posts for safety reasons.

If you put it out there, live with it.
dearhunter is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
atxbrad
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I dont think they should be removed. There could be valuable information contained in those deleted threads.

Example: OP goes on a mindless rant. OP gets ridiculed by community for being a bonehead. OP realizes that the thread was ridiculous. OP request that thread be removed. Mods remove thread.

In the above example it shows how anyone can post anything and not be held accountable for their actions. If a provider or hobbist can research and find post like this it may determine if they will or will not see that person.
atxbrad is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
swwaustin
Philanderer’s Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by dearhunter View Post
I would first ask if your assessment is correct about thread removal on this board.
Good point. My assessment of thread removal was shaped by the post of a Mod that said basically the same thing. Can a Mod/Admin please post the standard operating procedure for such an instance.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:38 AM   #5
atxbrad
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:

I do not believe that anyone should be allowed to have a thread removed. I can understand Admins need to remove or edit posts for safety reasons.
I agree if you post it than live by it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcreative2 View Post
Board policy is to always honor an original thread starter's request to have his or her thread removed. We also honor any members request to have any of their posts removed ...... many people ask for this and they are not required to give a reason ..... a similar thread that stays within guidelines would be allowed to continue
Above was a mods response to the topic
atxbrad is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:43 AM   #6
ferdburf
Valued Poster

Encounters: 27

So . . . if a hobbyist writes a review and doesn't like all the resulting posts in his thread (for example, fellow hobbyists dogpile his WK review of a known horrible provider), he can request that his review be removed, and it will be honored???
ferdburf is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:04 AM   #7
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19

IMO once you hit the reply button & pass your 1 hour edit window your post is there for all to read. I don't think that individual posts should be removed either unless there are security issues. Many threads would loose there meaning & continuity if the basis for replies are deleted.
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:17 AM   #8
Guest010512-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

I think you need to define security issues and go on a case by case basis.
Guest010512-2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #9
swwaustin
Philanderer’s Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by down41 View Post
I think you need to define security issues and go on a case by case basis.
Good point. The downside of case by case is that it would certainly make more work for mods/Admin, and it may also become more subjective, but I am sure they have standard guidelines they can follow.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:28 AM   #10
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76

I like the current design of this board. I think the mods and admins have done a wonderful job of making this board different than anything else out there. Too much tinkering will ruin that design.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Reading the posts to this thread so far, the only folks that want change seem to thrive on drama and most of their suggestions have to do with changes that would result in more drama, or perpetuate drama that under the current board design fades quickly.

Especially troubling are the folks that seem to mostly object because they can't relish and savor the public misfortune of others.
ANONONE is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:32 AM   #11
TBONE
Medium Rare

Default Gentlemen

Please read guideline #22 in Eccie's Posted Guidelines top of each forum.

That will shed much light on how we feel about removing threads.

T
TBONE is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:43 AM   #12
ferdburf
Valued Poster

Has anyone else found "guideline #22"? I can't seem to find it. Could someone post a link to it?
Old 03-18-2010, 09:48 AM   #13
Guest030911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdburf View Post
Has anyone else found "guideline #22"? I can't seem to find it. Could someone post a link to it?
Found at the top of every forum...

Quote:
#22 -
  • #22 - ECCIE Staff will go to great lengths to avoid editing, deleting, or censoring our members posts or threads...unless absolutely necessary. Forbidden topics such as underage sex, illegal drugs, bestiality, revealing personal info, medical speculation, or images not in compliance will be removed from public view. Controversial, troublesome, or objectionable posts may draw staff attention or in some cases disciplinary action, but the offending post will not be removed from the view of our membership in any but the most extreme cases. Often times you will find directions, footnotes, or other guidance from staff edited INTO posts which draw our attention. These are for the purpose of educating the readers of what is and what is not acceptable as well as informing others about how these issues have been dealt with. Members are encouraged to RTM posts which include rule infractions or objectionable material if it appears that staff has not already becomed involved with the thread or post in particular.

hint: Just blow St. Chris like I do to get posts edited.

Guest030911 is offline   Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:51 AM   #14
swwaustin
Philanderer’s Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANONONE View Post
I think the mods and admins have done a wonderful job of making this board different than anything else out there.
No question, in my experience this board the Owners/Mod/Admin far surpass any competition, and their work often seemingly goes unappreciated.

Quote:
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
I think the fact that the board even has a feedback and suggestions forum suggests that they are open to changes that they may determine to be appropriate, but your point is well taken.

Quote:
Reading the posts to this thread so far, the only folks that want change seem to thrive on drama
While that may or may not be true, I would hope we could avoid accusations, that may in fact create drama.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #15
ferdburf
Valued Poster

Quote:

I firmly believe that a thread starter should be allowed to request that his thread be locked. It doesn't matter the reason. If someone doesn't like it they can go start their own fucking thread.......and not lock it.

I agree with Rodent Man! (God, that was difficult to admit)

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women