Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
test
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162989
Yssup Rider60642
gman4453274
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48582
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42257
CryptKicker37200
The_Waco_Kid36646
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 04-12-2020, 08:21 AM   #1
sexymaid_69
Account Disabled

User ID: 3741
My ECCIE Reviews
Default What do you think?

The current pandemic is already creating an economic crisis in the country.
People are losing their homes through evictions in spite of the government orders in place, the food banks are starting to get more and more people who need help to get through this and I'm already seeing some local small businesses announcing that they're closing permanently because they can't recover from the closures.

Are we going to prove the theory that being without a paycheck or two WILL force thousands of people into poverty.??

What do you think will be the results of this when it's all said and done??
sexymaid_69 is offline   Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:22 AM   #2
Jacuzzme
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

It’ll prove that many people are stupid, and live off debt way above their means. Maybe this will wise them up to start living responsibly and schools will make Dave Ramsey required reading. Anyone who has read and practices his teachings is at home enjoying time with their families, not worrying about their Escalade getting repossessed.
Jacuzzme is online now   Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 12:09 AM   #3
DrivesAllDay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

I'm not worried. My job can only be gotten rid of if we destroy every single computer & go back to the stone age.
DrivesAllDay is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 06:32 AM   #4
obnoxiousram
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

There are a lot of people who barely had any savings to begin with. When this all started my house I want to sell in upstate NY was under contract and the state shutdown home showings and open houses to enforce the quarantine. Then last week after my buyer's lender was finally able to get set up at home to work, it wasn't long after even when my buyer dipped into their retirement for down payment, their loan for a mortgage was declined. I pumped over 5k of my own money that I needed right now to get the house up to codes. And to make matters worse, my realtor never returned phone calls about the property because it was under contract. And then 2 days later, my landlord was looking for her money here.
obnoxiousram is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 08:14 AM   #5
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
It’ll prove that many people are stupid, and live off debt way above their means. Maybe this will wise them up to start living responsibly and schools will make Dave Ramsey required reading. Anyone who has read and practices his teachings is at home enjoying time with their families, not worrying about their Escalade getting repossessed.
Easier said than done. While there are people as you describe, many do live paycheck to paycheck because they earn barely enough get by. They don’t have Escalade’s. I feel for those folks. But the ones who won’t be able to pay their country club dues, not so much.
bambino is online now   Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 10:34 AM   #6
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacuzzme View Post
There are some who live paycheck to paycheck out of necessity because they earn very little. There are others who live paycheck to paycheck because they don't save and instead overspend. I have no sympathy for the latter group
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 11:11 PM   #7
sexymaid_69
Account Disabled

User ID: 3741
My ECCIE Reviews

I have a very dear friend whom I've known most of my life who during discussions about poverty usually makes the remark that "poverty sucks!"

I just have to keep a straight face while I laugh on the inside.
His idea of poverty was life before the full trust fund was released and his parents made him settle for a used plane.
sexymaid_69 is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:39 AM   #8
starway
Valued Poster

Encounters: 55

I suspect we are heading into rough times for many in our society. Many don't have sufficient savings to get through their new found unemployment. I think thats where the collapse for many will come. Unemployment will help for a time, but that will run out. I think people will need to get comfortable being underemployed also. We've already started to see economic contraction. It will be interesting to see if we can pull out of that, or if we will go into a deep cycle downward. Not sure how long we can continue social distancing due to longer term economic impacts.

A few years ago I was unemployed for a year, but I had savings to live from and unemployment. But it exposed flows in my own finances. Since then I have been working hard to pay down debt.
starway is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 11:39 AM   #9
tannana
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by starway View Post
Not sure how long we can continue social distancing due to longer term economic impacts.

People with money aren't subject to this kind of "trade mom's life for a job" stuff.

Or, you can re-open restaurants and sports arenas and shows and that kind of thing. Only people who aren't smart enough to price that risk or who have to are gonna go. I won't step foot in, say, a hockey game until we know that antibodies stick and I have them, that there's a rigorous testings and contact tracing regime, or I'm vaccinated.

Americans generally believe that debt and the ability to service that is what financial well being looks like. What you are seeing now is a manifestation of that. The folks who build wealth, live below their means, etc at all income levels are having all manner of problems right now but money ain't one. I have no sympathy for anyone making ends meet plus a dollar a month. If they spent the buck a month rather than saving or investing it? No sympathy.

I include businesses like airlines (in part), hotels, and all the other deadbeat businesses begging for handouts in a similar vein.
tannana is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 07:01 PM   #10
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Easier said than done. While there are people as you describe, many do live paycheck to paycheck because they earn barely enough get by. They don’t have Escalade’s. I feel for those folks. But the ones who won’t be able to pay their country club dues, not so much.
We're in agreement on that.
1pittsburgh is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 10:56 AM   #11
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
We're in agreement on that.
Good
bambino is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net