Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162989
Yssup Rider60637
gman4453274
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48578
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42250
CryptKicker37198
The_Waco_Kid36643
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-16-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
Sidewinder
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Unemployment Rate - The REAL One, According to the CBO

http://nation.foxnews.com/unemployment/2012/02/16/new-cbo-report-decimates-obamanomics-real-unemployment-hits-15#ixzz1maHc95kK

“The rate of unemployment in the United States has exceeded 8 percent since February 2009, making the past three years the longest stretch of high unemployment in this country since the Great Depression. Moreover, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projects that the unemployment rate will remain above 8 percent until 2014. The official unemployment rate excludes those individuals who would like to work but have not searched for a job in the past four weeks as well as those who are working part-time but would prefer full-time work; if those people were counted among the unemployed, the unemployment rate in January 2012 would have been about 15 percent. Compounding the problem of high unemployment, the share of unemployed people looking for work for more than six months—referred to as the long-term unemployed—topped 40 percent in December 2009 for the first time since 1948, when such data began to be collected; it has remained above that level ever since.”

The article includes a link to the PDF of the CBO report.
Sidewinder is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #2
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

But but...the Dems are saying everything is alright?
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaliLama View Post
But but...the Dems are saying everything is alright?
Are you aware there is a difference between better and alright?
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:15 PM   #4
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

But but....the Dems are saying everything is better.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #5
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Did I see someone quote Fox "News", that bastion of honesty? Tell Rupert and Roger they need to hack more cell phones to win this one. Maybe they could go back to birther stories or that Obama is a Muslim or that he went to a Medrassah or that Planned Parenthood's services are 95% abortions.

The Brothers Grimm should sue their fairy tale telling asses.
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:00 PM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Stevie, baby, listen. Is the OP report true or not? Please show us something that says it is not true. Otherwise, take your meds and STFU.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #7
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

It is still lower now than it was and continues to improve. YOU are the one who needs meds AND new reading glasses, COG! Tell Glenn Beck hello for me, will you?
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #8
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Don't know Glenn, but I thought the CBO was non-partisan. Why would they say what they did if it weren't true?
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:26 AM   #9
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Gallup reported (notice that is not Fox news) that real unemployment is 9% and underemployment is over 16%. Want to argue that? They use real numbers and not projected numbers like the White House. Why do you think they always have to adjust their reports?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:09 AM   #10
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Gallup reported (notice that is not Fox news) that real unemployment is 9% and underemployment is over 16%. Want to argue that? They use real numbers and not projected numbers like the White House. Why do you think they always have to adjust their reports?

Look you partisan hack, they all use the same numbers. Every administration. Do you know just when they changed how they reported that number?

You are not ignorant , why do you continue to attack one side for what your very side does? Do you think we are ignorant? Is that it? Do you thionk we are so ignorant that we do not know that your side spends just like the other side? The only difference is that your side does not want to pay for shit they buy, they want to cut taxes and spend! Then bitch about the deficit. Now that is some ignorant shit right there...
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #11
Grifter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

Ummm Obama extended the Bush tax cuts, keeps endorsing this SSN payroll holiday thats not being paid for and only started this rhetoric about raising taxes and fair shares after Dems lost control of the House and he knew it wouldnt actually get done. Thats on top of adding more to the deficit in 4 years than Bush did in 8 so that whole not want to pay for it bit rings really fucking hollow.
Grifter is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:48 AM   #12
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter View Post
Ummm Obama extended the Bush tax cuts, that was because of the recession, Bush gave tax cuts and then went to war, how fuc'n stupid keeps endorsing this SSN payroll holiday thats not being paid for Yes, it will mean SS will go broke quicker, which means that is when they will fix this shit, not before and only started this rhetoric about raising taxes and fair shares after Dems lost control of the House and he knew it wouldnt actually get done.And why won't it get done? Because the GOP has it's head buried in the sand on the issue of raising taxes Thats on top of adding more to the deficit in 4 years than Bush did in 8 so that whole not want to pay for it bit rings really fucking hollow.
If you could read, I said that both parties spend. The Dems want to tax you at least. Not the GOP. They want to spend and then gripe about the debt.

We have to cut spending and raise taxes. Everybody agrees on the spending cuts.....the GOP is where the problem arises in regards to raising taxes.

I stand by wtf I said.

It is folks like you that are the problem. We need to raise your IQQ along with your taxes.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #13
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28
Default WHO KILLED THE JOBS?

Obama.

Sad what Obama is doing to our economy and country. We should have been in a recovery by now. But we are paying the price for Obama's dogma and incompetance. There is a whole of pain being inflicted by Obama on Americans. Alot of stories (not being told by his fawning press) in the long slide downward of Americans not working anymore.

Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #14
Grifter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

I dont disagree with your point about raising taxes and cuts. I was pointing out that your complaint about conservatives wanting to spend and complain about the debt wasnt really fair and pointed out why. You then excused all the behavior that contradicted your point and called me stupid. I dont disagree with your point that they both spend, which is what the Tea Party movement is mostly about, that neither side appears to have any control over the spending half of the equation. Now even if we repealed the Bush/Obama tax cuts thats 300 billion more in revenue that the government would get still doesnt solve the problem so I asked you what do you do about the other 650 billion we are going to be light this year on top of that?
Grifter is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 09:11 AM   #15
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Grifter: You sound reasonable to me. But get ready for WTF you go off on his tangent about the Tea Party.

Obamazombies don't want to hear about Obama's failures. They have an upcoming election and are desperate to get Obama re-elected at all cost. Which of course means, Obamazombies can't accept ANY responsibility for the mess we are in !

And WTF has the art of "changing his arguement" down to a science.

And remember, Obama's 2013 budget proposes MORE debt spending with no promises of tax increases going to pay down the debt !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter View Post
I dont disagree with your point about raising taxes and cuts. I was pointing out that your complaint about conservatives wanting to spend and complain about the debt wasnt really fair and pointed out why. You then excused all the behavior that contradicted your point and called me stupid. I dont disagree with your point that they both spend, which is what the Tea Party movement is mostly about, that neither side appears to have any control over the spending half of the equation. Now even if we repealed the Bush/Obama tax cuts thats 300 billion more in revenue that the government would get still doesnt solve the problem so I asked you what do you do about the other 650 billion we are going to be light this year on top of that?
Whirlaway is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women