Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70551
biomed161618
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453120
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48057
pyramider46370
bambino40814
CryptKicker37138
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 06-07-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7
Default How times have changed....

My curfew was street lights, if I was late i got my ass kicked.
My mom didn't call my cell she yelled my name, if I didn't answer, I got my ass kicked
I played outside, not online; hot or cold didn't matter
If I didn't eat what my mom cooked, then I didn't eat.
Sanitizer didn't exist but I did get my mouth washed with soap.
I rode a bike without a helmet.
I rode my little Honda 50 at least 100,000 miles, all with out a helmet
Getting dirty was okay
Neighbors gave a darn as much as your parents did
If I fucked up in the neighborhood, I got my ass kicked from the neighbor...AND got it kicked again when I got home
If I fucked up at school, I took the licks in the principals office rather than take detention
I drank water from a garden hose & still survived
My first car didn't even HAVE seatbelts
If I got too hot, I rolled the windows down
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:55 AM   #2
FishGuy13
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

I hate to admit how much of this applies to me as well.
FishGuy13 is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
guest010313
Account Disabled

User ID: 48112
My ECCIE Reviews

Yah, in my neighborhood growing up any house with kids was every kid's house. We ran around from sunrise to sunset, most of us covered in scabs from falls and accidents or broken arms from breakdancing at the block party. Juice and Popsicles came from ever house when we were hot and tired. I would sit on the curb when I was up early and wait for my older neighbor to come out from across the street so she could hold my hand and help me cross. You got in trouble? Your mama found out immediately and everyone knew when you were grounded and would send you home if you appeared at the door.

It sucks that my daughters don't have that.
guest010313 is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4
Default How times have changed....

I can certainly relate.
Mokoa is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
DragonTongue
Gaining Momentum

+1
DragonTongue is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #6
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

when "cut and paste" meant walking into a GOLDCIRCLE store , peeling off pricetags, re sticking them , and walking out with the coolest skateboard for $1.25...
JONBALLS is offline   Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #7
PAPA JOE
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

yep, i remember those
PAPA JOE is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #8
Guest011914-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 41643
My ECCIE Reviews
Smile

WOW things have changed now you get to kick ass......and the asses of naughty boys and girls.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
My curfew was street lights, if I was late i got my ass kicked.
My mom didn't call my cell she yelled my name, if I didn't answer, I got my ass kicked
I played outside, not online; hot or cold didn't matter
If I didn't eat what my mom cooked, then I didn't eat.
Sanitizer didn't exist but I did get my mouth washed with soap.
I rode a bike without a helmet.
I rode my little Honda 50 at least 100,000 miles, all with out a helmet
Getting dirty was okay
Neighbors gave a darn as much as your parents did
If I fucked up in the neighborhood, I got my ass kicked from the neighbor...AND got it kicked again when I got home
If I fucked up at school, I took the licks in the principals office rather than take detention
I drank water from a garden hose & still survived
My first car didn't even HAVE seatbelts
If I got too hot, I rolled the windows down
Guest011914-1 is offline   Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #9
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Old 06-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #10
PT4ME
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I could + at LEAST 20 to this list also. I have always been the youngest old guy" in my neighborhood, and I think the yound parents re tired of hearing me tell them that THEY are the problem, not their kids. Like Chica, I had a Schwinn, moved up to a Rupp, then a Honda Mini, etc etc. Riding privileges were based upon your ability to follow the set "rules" of the house. Video games were reserved til after it was too dark to play outside.
I know times are a changin' but I have to laugh when I hear parents huffing in frustration cuz' their 8 year old wants the new "i" whatever and the just bought them the LAST new "i" whatever.....
I just recently became a grandfather and I listen to my son tell me how he has to buy this and that toy for his daughter (2) and oh "btw dadt, can you lend me $1000 so I can get some new tires for my car?"
<-------- let me climb off this soapbox, (sorry CC for the slight hijack, but this is really a raw nerve of mine)

Have a great day everyone......... now back to your original programming.....

Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ca, it's time to get your ass in here!!!

-PT-
PT4ME is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:49 AM   #11
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT4ME View Post
Riding privileges were based upon your ability to follow the set "rules" of the house. Video games were reserved til after it was too dark to play outside.
-PT-
Small town. One walked or rode a bike to get anywhere - parents were not chauffeurs. Video games??? We didn't even have a TV until I was almost 10!!! We were entertained by sticks and empty cardboard boxes.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:56 AM   #12
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Small town. One walked or rode a bike to get anywhere - parents were not chauffeurs. Video games??? We didn't even have a TV until I was almost 10!!! We were entertained by sticks and empty cardboard boxes.
Hahaha! And dirt was still rocks back then!!
Old 06-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #13
PT4ME
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
LOL, well mine wasn't exactly a "small town", (NYC), but our parents were not chauffeurs either. You walked, rode a bike, bus, or a train.

Well, the first video game IIIIIIIIIII bought was a "Pong", lol, and it was with money I earned from a newspaper route. We had a TV, I think is was @ 19" B/W. Hell, you could always find a TV in NYC, either "hot" or in a pawn shop. (sad but true), getting to play a video game all night was "unheard" of. And the 9:00-10:00pm Sunday time slot??? OUT THE FUCKIN' QUESTION...... you'd were either a fan of Pa, Hoss, Lil Joe, or Adam, or you read a book and went to bed..... which is why SOME of us "speak so well"

Ok.... PUHLEEZE, if you see me heading this way again RUN ME OFF.... fun topic to moan about though...

-PT-
PT4ME is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #14
surcher
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Getting spanked with a belt, or making that long, slow walk to get a switch for mom to use on me was a fairly common occurrence for many. Now, if a parent spanks a kid with a belt you're in danger of being accused of child abuse. Yuppies in the '80's started coddling and over protecting kids, giving time outs to some kids who really needed a little ass whipping. Sorry, a time out to some kids is like saying you really did nothing wrong. The pussification of parents began and it's gotten so bad kids who don't respond to passive aggressiveness get therapy?

When and who invented ADHD? It wasn't around in the '60's and '70's. We called it hyperactivity and didn't need drugs to cure or suppress it. We got things to do, like going outside and interacting with neighbors, reading, etc. I do not believe in ADHD and the drugging of children. It's an easy out for parents to shun responsibility and great for the psychiatric profession and pharmaceutical companies. There are exceptions, I'm sure, but the number of kids diagnosed with it and on drugs is out of proportion.
surcher is offline   Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:44 AM   #15
hotlips_houlihan
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2374
My ECCIE Reviews

There were no such things as cell phones, Tivo, or a TV that was not a console. Hell, we still had the rotary phone and party lines.

My first gaming system was an Atari-I was 19.

Evil Knievel was the most popular toy.

Gas was 79 cents a gallon.

I stayed at the pool for so long I got sun poison and nobody could tell what color I actually was.

Oh, and by the way, I still make them get the switch. They can call CPS if they want to.
hotlips_houlihan is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women