Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162434
Yssup Rider60261
gman4453222
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48405
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41316
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35745
Mojojo33117

Old 03-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Guest071613-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 20196
My ECCIE Reviews
Talking The Birds & The Bees (literally): Does Size Matter?

Things seem to be a little serious and/or dramatic around here lately, so don't go taking this all serious n' stuff. Let's lighten up a smidge! Shall we? Let's!

My question pertains to:

Let me preface this by saying, I am in no way criticizing those of you who enjoy the stuff. It's just one of those things I have never liked, since childhood.

A friend and I have been having a lengthy discussion about honey. He loves it, and I would rather not partake. I will humor someone and be polite if they are pushing a honey product of some sort...but I am crying on the inside when I do it! I just cannot bring myself to eat the stuff, knowing that it is basically regurgitated nectar. Bees collect nectar, store it in their honey stomach, take it back to the hive, barf it up, then seal it with wax for future snacking. So my question to him (and you) is this:

If there was a bird or small animal that ate nectar and then regurgitated it, and the vomited product happened to taste good, would you smother biscuits in it, or glaze your Easter ham with it? Probably not, right? Okay, so what is it that makes consuming the regurgitated nectar of bees delicious, but if a squirrel did it, it would seem less appealing? For argument's sake, let's say this hypothetical squirrel had a honey-stomach just like the bee does. Is it the size of the creature that makes the difference?

Don't get me wrong. On the few occasions that I have forced myself to try it, honey tastes good. I just can't get over it's source and don't even get me started on raw honey! There are still wings and bee bits in it! I wish I could feel this disgusted about meat, poultry, and dairy...but I don't. I've seen all the PETA stuff (I come from a long line of pescetarians and vegans) but I don't find animal slaughter-for-food as offensive as eating honey. Weird, huh? That could probably be a sub-topic: the irony in what we find appetizing vs. what we are repulsed by. Feel free to take the thread in either direction!

For sake of discussion, my friend claims he would eat bird vomit if it tasted and looked exactly like honey. I say he is delusional.

Okay, so........if birds puked honey would you eat it? If not, why? Bees do it, so is it the size of the critter that is hacking it up, that changes the game?

Discuss!
Guest071613-2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
Waldo P. Emerson-Jones
Feed the Beaver

I would absolutely eat that delicious tasting bird vomit. Think about what else we put in our mouths. I mean I eat different parts of animals!! Cow, pig, chicken, fish, turkey, etc. I eat stuff that grew out of the ground and has been fertilized with shit and/or God knows what man made chemicals. I drink liquid that has been squeezed out of the tits of cows. I lick vaginas all the time and, on the rare occasion, assholes (female only!). When you think about it, honey's not even close to the weirdest thing we put in our mouths (but not on ham--that's disgusting!).
Waldo P. Emerson-Jones is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #3
bmoore
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 6

Persoanlly I love honey and don't care about the source. I agree with Emerson, as far as everything else we put in our mouths, honey is the least of my concerns. And especially for the allergy sufferers around here, local honey can be a real benefit. Where I respectfully disagree with Emerson is honey ham. Nothing says yummy holiday dinner like a honey-baked ham! Mmmmmm-mmm!
bmoore is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
AdventureAdams
Account Disabled

User ID: 35460
My ECCIE Reviews

*shrug* I've swallowed worse.

I wouldn't even care if bees shit out honey then used it as lube to jerk off, it's still fucking delicious!
AdventureAdams is offline   Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:29 PM   #5
Vitruvian
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarCruzWantsYou View Post
*shrug* I've swallowed worse.

I wouldn't even care if bees shit out honey then used it as lube to jerk off, it's still fucking delicious!
Haha, agreed.

As to weird foods, it's all a matter of degree. We eat fungus and fermented things all the time (booze is at its most basic form....yeast feces). What about caviar, or just plain ole chicken eggs. Just as weird. Hell...you could argue cheese is weirder than honey. I mean not only did to come out of an animal, but then it's left to bacteria to eat and deposit "flavor."

Also, I've had birds nest soup: it was delicious.
Vitruvian is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #6
~Ze~
Just a girl in the world.

User ID: 444
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

You probably don't want to know where most of your food comes form then. Scary place out there. Snails shit on your veggies, mushrooms are grown from shit... LOL.. etc.
~Ze~ is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #7
Guest071613-2
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks for the responses! Although, I think most of you missed the part where I talk about wishing I was as disgusted by meat, poultry, and dairy, as I am honey. It's okay, I skim through most posts too

Again, I'm from a family of militant vegans, so you really can't shock me with where our food originates or what it comes in contact with. I've seen "Forks Over Knives" more times than I care to talk about, and I suffer through many a holiday as the only carnivore at the table, being forced to listen to horror stories of where my Thanksgiving turkey came from. Y'all are preaching to the choir!

*sigh*. I guess I was just trying to say that it's funny what we are disgusted by, in comparison to what we find appetizing. Well, it was funny to me at 10:36 PM, anyhow.

So does anyone else have any similar food fears? Or is everyone a badass, iron-stomached, Andrew Zimmern wannabe, around here?

For what it's worth, Vitruvian, I don't do caviar or chicken eggs, either. I find 'em equally gross unless the eggs are invisible like in a cake or cornbread or something. Or wrapped up in a tortilla and smothered in picante, cheese, and sausage; almost as if the eggs were a condiment instead of the main dish. Even then, I have to put my mind in a happy place LOL
Old 03-26-2012, 08:14 AM   #8
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Bird nest soup is considered one of the highest gourmet delicacies.
The birds put their nests together with bird spit. People boil the nests
in water and make a soup out of it. The bird nests are so valuable that
the people with the right to harvest them guard the areas with armed
men. People have actually been shot and killed trying to steal the nests.

Check out this link.
http://www.luxist.com/2009/02/03/exp...rds-nest-soup/
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #9
Guest071613-2
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Bird nest soup: DNS list.

Why do they have to go fuckin' with the birds, anyway? Leave 'em alone and go have some Ramen. Sheesh!
Old 03-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #10
Agrippa
Registered Member

Probably old news, but there is always Kopi Luwak coffee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak
Agrippa is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #11
69er
Lifetime Premium Access

Oh, the strange stuff people eat: http://www.oddee.com/item_96534.aspx

I really wonder how we figured out that some of this stuff that tastes so good, is good? Did cavemen sit around the fire in the evening and say "I dare you to boil up some of those seeds that were shit out by that monkey, and drink the resulting liquid!" Just the fact that we ever figured out that this stuff is good, is what amazes me!

Yes, I am a badass Zimmerman wannabee.
69er is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
~Ze~
Just a girl in the world.

User ID: 444
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Kopi luwak, or civet coffee, is one of the world's most expensive and low-production varieties of coffee. It is made from the beans of coffee berries which have been eaten by the Asian Palm Civet (Paradoxurus hermaphroditus) and other related civets, then passed through its digestive tract.
~Ze~ is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:37 AM   #13
Vitruvian
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

I have tried a lot of weird shit in my day, and loved pretty much all of it. That being said, I generally draw the line at "raw innards." I will not be eating raw heart, liver, kidney, etc. I will (and have) eaten bugs and all sorts of other weird stuff.

Also, I just remembered my favorite blog of all time. Its an entertaining read (and funny as hell). Its unfortunate he doesn't write them anymore, and hasn't in years.

Steve! Dont eat it!
http://www.thesneeze.com/steve-dont-eat-it/
Vitruvian is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #14
Adonis
Premium Premium

Encounters: 97

Traditional fish sauce and shrimp paste are nasty by themselves and that's before you realize how they were made.
Adonis is offline   Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #15
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannie View Post
For what it's worth, Vitruvian, I don't do caviar or chicken eggs, either. I find 'em equally gross unless the eggs are invisible like in a cake or cornbread or something. Or wrapped up in a tortilla and smothered in picante, cheese, and sausage; almost as if the eggs were a condiment instead of the main dish. Even then, I have to put my mind in a happy place LOL
Lox Omelette?
Boltfan is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women