Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Coed Discussions - Dallas
test
Coed Discussions - Dallas Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70696
biomed162434
Yssup Rider60259
gman4453222
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48405
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41315
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35742
Mojojo33117

Old 03-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default A discussion (and a blog recommendation) about toys ...

I have some pretty strong feelings about toy use and the purchase of different sex toys. For one, they're really expensive if you get quality.

But even if you buy quality stuff, often it just isn't any good and the money is wasted. Or the toy isn't strong enough. Or the plastic isn't right. Or it smells bad and that translates into throwing the thing away immediately.

There is so much to discuss about toys, good and bad, and I would love to hear the thoughts of others about it.

This evening, I found a website that reviews toys and also lists the good ones and bad.

http://dangerouslilly.com/sex-toy-re...lillys-toybox/

It's an educational site (well not really but hopefully, you know what I'm trying to say!) and could be useful in finding that right little treat or avoiding the waste of hard earned funds on bad products.

Also, I did just find out about a chemical called Phthalate, which is a bad thing that many (if not most) sex toys have within the plastic. For more information on the chemical, here is her link about it and an excerpt that I cut and pasted:

http://dangerouslilly.com/2010/07/as...thalates-in-it

"The sex toy review community and sex-positive toy shops are all buzzing about phthalates and how bad they are for you. Phthalates are found in many plastic items that have been chemically softened. The studies going around are saying that phthalate exposure can damage all sorts of organs, and can possibly cause cancer. There are a lot of harmful things in our world these days that we can’t avoid – so when we CAN avoid something like toxins in our sex toys, we should. Not to mention, toys that contain phthalates are also porous and can harbor bacteria if not cleaned properly; they also cannot be sterilized for 100% safety against transmission of STD’s."

So ... on this late Sunday evening ... I thought that a discussion on toys, favorite toys of the readers here and toy safety might be interesting for a topic.

Hugs,
Elisabeth

P.S. Again, I would love to hear suggestions on a particularly favorite toy (or more) as well!
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #2
FishGuy13
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Hmm, interesting ... I'm not sure I know enough more about this topic to say much else just yet, lets see where it goes.
FishGuy13 is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
Vitruvian
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

I buy toys/gear for a particular person and then replace it for the next. Due to this I have spent wayyy more money on this stuff than I care to admit. As far as toys go though, you cant go wrong with anything from Lelo, anything made of glass/stainless steel, or a Wii Vibe (those things are a fucking blast). The rest are all on a case by case basis, though I am not above asking the clerk to put batteries in them and letting me try them before purchasing. Depending on the store you go to they normally keep batteries to test the unit before selling it (nothing worse than trying to return a half-used vibrator).
Vitruvian is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:20 AM   #4
1Curiousguy
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 16

Elisabeth, you do come up with some of the most interesting topics. A few queries, if I may. I did not know that you were a toy afficionado. What do you prefer, toys for you or toys for him? Do you have a favorite toy?

Is this chemical that you mentioned, Phthalate, used to create the lifelike plastics? Is there any other safe chemical that will provide the same effect?

I admit to little knowledge about toys. Most of the ladies that I see don't use them, but there are some. I'm open to a lot of things as long as my partner will enjoy it.
1Curiousguy is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm not a big toy person but I do have a bunch of toys for men. The one toy that kindof trips my trigger is the hitachi wand, but it's very extreme and I don't use it all that often.

Now, well lately, I've been reading some reviews here on ECCIE and feel that I need to open up my doors to the whole toy thing a bit more.

I've always been interested in reading REAL reviews about toys. If you read that site, you'll even see where there have been some issues with the Lelo toys, which have always been considered the Cadillac of toys. (Or Mercedes, your choice!)

At any rate, I wish that my topic was shorter. I cannot seem to express myself unless I write a small novel. But since there are SO MANY people here who use, have and purchase toys, I felt like her site was one that would be important for others to read.

If you read her article about that chemical, it will explain a lot. She did write that babeland was an online source who doesn't have any toys on there with that chemical.

I'm guessing that it's the more expensive toys that tend to be the safest.

Thanks for the comments, everyone!!!

EW
Old 03-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
blaeese
Valued Poster

Encounters: 51

From what I have read, Elisabeth is a master in the use of "Toys".
blaeese is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
ItalianaPrincess
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 14871
My ECCIE Reviews

Great topic!! I would love to blog on my experience w/toys.

For example, I bought a 300 dollar strap on a cpl weeks ago and although a bit leery of the price, it has been living up to it's guarantee! No complaints, in fact, repeat requests for it!! Who would've figured? LOL
ItalianaPrincess is offline   Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #8
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Your strap on that was $300. I would love to see a picture of it! Or a link. If nothing else, this would be some good marketing for you!

Is it leather?

Strap on play is fun but damn, it hurts the lower back!

EW

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women