Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > Coed Discussions - Austin
test
Coed Discussions - Austin Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70761
biomed162982
Yssup Rider60631
gman4453274
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48575
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42231
CryptKicker37196
The_Waco_Kid36617
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 02-26-2010, 01:44 PM   #1
Guest062716
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2
Default The Hobby Community

A “community” may be defined as a group of interacting people who live in a common location. With community, often come shared intents, beliefs, resources, preferences, needs and risks.

ECCIE is a virtual community, representing the very real corner of our own hobby community, which consists of providers, hobbyists, lurkers (and the significant others of those involved).

As I understand it, the board has, fundamentally, one rule. “Be polite and civil.” Any other rules that may come down the road, I suspect, can be tied back to this basic rule. As such, the rule is a good one, and has served other boards well. This rule is what separates this board from so many others. Most of us have seen boards that are of little value and filled with venom and untruths. “Be Polite and Civil” is a great guideline for a board in which we are free to express ourselves with very little censorship. I would even suggest that you can make any point you wish, as long as it is Polite and Civil (and truthful) and you will never be censored here.

Disagreement is NOT Disrespect. Dissent is NOT Disrespect. Disrespect is Disrespect. We can all “agree to disagree” and we can do so in a manner so as not to be rude (no name-calling, no personal attacks). There are plenty of people here with whom I may disagree. I am certain that there are some people here that disagree with me….. I have enjoyed many a debate in the past years, but have endeavored to do so in an agreeable manner.

When it comes to success in the hobby, I follow one basic rule: “Mutual Trust and Respect”. We providers and hobbyists do have shared intents, beliefs, resources, needs and risks. Some bear a greater burden in each of these areas; however we all have shared interests at times, as none of us are truly living in a vacuum.

If I do something that causes your ATF to go UTR for a while, you are affected. If I talk out of turn about personal info I gained in the hobby and word gets back to others, you may be affected. If I act out on the board, others will see it. None of us are in this alone. Each of us has an impact on other members and future members.

The ECCIE mission statement reads in part that “ECCIE is intended to be a safe haven for the responsible hobbyist and provider…” To me, this implies that membership carries a responsibility and a commitment to adhere to the simple standard.

Most every community or group goes through a “storming and forming” process. That is, in the beginning, there are conflicts and confrontations (the storming). Through this storming and its ultimate resolution(s), the community forms a tighter bond (or in the opposite case, the community dissolves). Storming and Forming is natural and can be helpful. In a free-thinking group such as this, leadership, at times, must be like hearding cats. Some of us sit back and expect the moderators to “weigh in” on everything and to “referee” at all times. I would argue that the mods have their hands full and weigh in when needed, however, as community members, I believe we have the responsibility (we certainly have the right) to speak up when things are awry – to self-censure or self-correct, if you will.

We also have a responsibility to see the community flourish and grow. This means we have to retain new members and a responsibility to set the proper examples for them to follow, if not a responsibility to even mentor the newbies.

I have been away from the hobby community for 8 months. While I am pleased to see new virtual communities rise up where others have fallen, not everything I have read has been encouraging. The economy and the fall of others have taken a toll on the hobby, but more so on the side of the providers. The tone here at times has taken a toll as well.

My personal goal is to enjoy my time here and to be a positive influence on others.

I plan on doing so by following 3 rules:

1) Be polite and civil (and truthful)
2) Practice mutual trust and respect
3) To be more helpful than critical

I want to extend a “Howdy” to my old friends and welcome to the new ladies and gents.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Respectfully submitted,

OldSarge
Guest062716 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:37 PM   #2
Austin Liv
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2872
My ECCIE Reviews

Yay! I have always loved reading your posts, I'm glad you're here. As for your personal goal, you've always done just that. Thank you for your positivity and contributions, we are all better for having you here.
Austin Liv is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
Guest062610
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

OldSarge,

Great to see you here buddy and I appreciate your post!

LAP
Guest062610 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
Gentleman
Usually On the road again

Encounters: 29

Welcome, OS. glad to have you here along with your intelligent posts and insights!

G
Gentleman is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
Sensual Sophia
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 146
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Liv View Post
Yay! I have always loved reading your posts, I'm glad you're here. As for your personal goal, you've always done just that. Thank you for your positivity and contributions, we are all better for having you here.
Yeppers!!!!
Sensual Sophia is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:35 PM   #6
Metal Smith
Account Disabled

Encounters: 62

Thank you Sarge -- well said.
MS
Metal Smith is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:38 PM   #7
Texican1969
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15

Roger that!! Sir!!!
Texican1969 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:39 PM   #8
Ready2Rock
Account Disabled

Encounters: 23

Great to see you here, Sarge!
Ready2Rock is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:59 PM   #9
Spacemtn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

It is great to see you back! I hope that you are able to stay for a while as I always enjoyed your wisdom.
Spacemtn is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #10
Risn2TheOccasion
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

Great post, Sir.
Risn2TheOccasion is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:41 PM   #11
Devynn von Tease
Account Disabled

User ID: 2225
My ECCIE Reviews

I like your style, I like your attitude! Well said, sir!
Devynn von Tease is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:45 PM   #12
VictoriaLyn
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 2709
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSarge View Post

Disagreement is NOT Disrespect. Dissent is NOT Disrespect. Disrespect is Disrespect. We can all “agree to disagree” and we can do so in a manner so as not to be rude (no name-calling, no personal attacks).

: worthy:
VictoriaLyn is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #13
Knavharr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Cheers!
K.
Knavharr is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:23 PM   #14
Guest120311-2
Account Disabled

User ID: 2747
My ECCIE Reviews

Bingo! Welcome back Sarge!
Tess
Guest120311-2 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #15
HOOK'EM
Gaining Momentum

Sarge,
As a newbie, (in the hobby), I really appreciate your comments and wisdom. However,
I really wanted to be under TT.

HOOK'EM
HOOK'EM is offline   Quote