Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48372
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 01-12-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4
Default Doggie problem

anyone know what I can do deal with a dog that's shaking literately and acting up.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:50 AM   #2
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
anyone know what I can do deal with a dog that's shaking literately and acting up.
Do you know why he's shaking? Scared of something?
Are you taking care of this dog?
I know a lot about dogs but maybe you could give some more info?
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:38 AM   #3
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Shooting

Have you tried shooting him?

. . . That will usually quiet them down right away.

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #4
40F Cougar
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 38915
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

What type of dog, how old, how long have you had it? What do you mean by acting up? I have been in dog rescue for a long time, maybe I can help you can pm me or email me.
40F Cougar is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:21 AM   #5
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Shaking indicates high anxiety (s/he is either very scared or very excited) or could indicate a seizure such as epilepsy. You haven’t provided enough information to garner any helpful advice. PrincessLeeGFE has offered to help, but as she noted, you need to provide more information. A trip to the vet is your best and surest remedy. Best of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
Have you tried shooting him?

. . . That will usually quiet them down right away.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/owner/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
“Physician, heal thyself.” Luke 4:23
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

If he is humping your leg that is normal
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #7
guest043013-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Mostly good advise here, I think you can tell good from bad.

Age, breed, and any recent health issues are probably the first questions to answer.

Is it possible that the dog got into some poison? If so, by the time you get an answer from here it is probably too late. I would suggest a trip to the vet asap if you are concerned enough to ask the question here.
guest043013-2 is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

I have 2 dogs, both females. a terrier mix, (8 yrs), the other is a german shepard/coyote mix (6 yrs).

both of them were shaking last nite. don't think they ate something.

in the house, they get rather agitated (lots of pacing and being generally annoying) and have a hard time getting them to come back inside after they do their TCB in the back yard.

the shepard mix is the one that usually gets the shakes like every month or so and wants to stay outside.

they seem to be okay as of now tho.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:38 PM   #9
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Pesticides, insecticides, herbicides and some household cleansers can cause symptoms you describe. Even Swiffer products have a low order of toxicity that's not supposed to be harmful to pets. I have a dog that is really sensitive to all such products -- she licks her paws like a cat; thus, ingests everything.

I've seen fire crackers (a neighbors dog evidently became so scared New Year's Eve that he escaped his penned yard and ran away), thunder storms, sirens and other dogs barking send dogs into panic. You never know.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:46 AM   #10
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Yes, take him/her to a Vet! If they are acting strangely there is usually a good reason.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:27 AM   #11
budman33
Valued Poster

they might have gotten into some chocolate. Mine did once and reacted that way.
budman33 is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #12
40F Cougar
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I B Hankering is right cleaning products, yard treatments, etc can all be very harmful to pets neurologically. I had a friend who treated for snails and it KILLED his dog. Most yard treatments are toxic. Do you have a gardener or are you using something on your lawn? Is there anything in your yard they could be getting in to?
Shaking can be a type of seizure. I have a dog with seizure condition and her seizures go from psycho motor to grand mal to focal, etc. there are many different types.
Also if you discipline them physically or very loud vocally they may be frightened and not want to come inside afterwards.
Food can make a big difference as well, what you are feeding them. Do you feed premium grain free foods and treats or do you feed pedigree?
I would say since both are showing signs and not just one that it is unlikely to be a seizure and more likely to be a sensitivity to something in the food or environment? You will want to note when they are doing it what they had or did previously and start a journal as to times, symptoms, etc and then if you still can't figure it out take them to your vet.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #13
40F Cougar
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Also is there a source of water outside? Do you keep the water and food bowls outside cleaned and washed? I had a friend that would just keep filling them up, the water bowl had algae growing in it. I told him very important to clean daily just like an inside bowl. My dogs don't spend a lot of time outside and they have a doggie door so I don't leave any outside source of food or water. Some water if it puddles and stays there can become stagnant. I have some buckets I use in my yard and when I'm not using them I always turn them upside down so no water collects in them so they won't go out and drink out of them Some times bowls can even be toxic I only use stainless steel now. Ceramic and plastic can have toxins
Hope you figure it out, shaking can be neurological or fear or cold?
Also are both dogs up to date on their vaccines? Distemper can cause shaking and it will also kill a dog I have rescued dogs with it and it can cause severe neurological problems in them.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #14
40F Cougar
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

One more thing I just thought of is LEAD do you have any lead based anything around your yard or home? LEAD is extremely dangerous to animals and kids.
Was also just reading that wolves and coyotes of course do not eat carbs so if you don't already you really need to put your gsd/coyote on a grain free diet. Raw diet would be best for this dog...a lot of people don't want to spend a lot of money on their pet food I spend more money on their food a month than I do on my own! There are some very good raw diets out there that are already prepared, or you can check into doing your own. I have tons of info on raw diet and grain free diet if you want to pm me.
I B Hankering licking of the paws is usually an allergy type symptom....can also mean they have yeast? There are some natural things you can do to get the dog to quit licking their paws. My first rescue dog, Bella, use to lick her paws constantly when I got her she was 6 yrs old. Now she is 10 and she rarely licks them at all. Not sure if that is because I put her on grain free diet or what? I know sometimes they can be allergic to so many things food, grass, cleaning products, etc. I have a dog now, my seizure dog, with skin allergies that the vet thinks is environmental dust mites, cat dander, or something? Have not been able to figure it out yet....still trying to though. Really want to get it under control so she doesn't have to take medication
Old 01-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #15
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLeeGFE View Post
I B Hankering licking of the paws is usually an allergy type symptom....can also mean they have yeast? There are some natural things you can do to get the dog to quit licking their paws.
That's what the vet said, and I used a product the vet suggested. She didn't stop. But as I watched her over time, I realized she didn't lick her paws after I clipped her nails. So now, I just clip her nails more often, and that's working, but I also no longer carelessly employ herbicides and pesticides. Thank you for your consideration.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women