Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Main Discussion Forum - National
test
Main Discussion Forum - National General discussions, but not limited to your local scene. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70706
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60355
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48435
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41498
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35866
Mojojo33117

Old 01-10-2015, 08:23 AM   #1
Guest022718
Account Disabled

Encounters: 25
Default ECCIE is almost unuseable

Which is a shame, because I've made good friends here.

I frequent 3 other popular boards, two national and one local. All 3 are always up and running, respond to my screen picks promptly, and never hit me with popups.

About half the time I use ECCIE, I have a 30 second to two minute delay in response. The other half there is no response at all, I get redirected to one of the pop up ad sites, or get a "database" error. I've seen other complaints about this as well.

What's the problem, here?
Guest022718 is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:53 AM   #2
FoulRon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

My guess? Growing pains.
Since redbook got taken off-line, former users of that site have been flocking here in droves, on at least a weekly basis. The admins probably have their hands full trying to tune all the working parts to accommodate they new surge in traffic.
FoulRon is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:31 AM   #3
SpicyOnion
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

@FoulRon, just read about redbook, I was use to be on that board almost some 12 yrs ago..before moving out of bay area.
SpicyOnion is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:42 AM   #4
MaxiMilyen
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 823
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgritstoo View Post
Which is a shame, because I've made good friends here.

I frequent 3 other popular boards, two national and one local. All 3 are always up and running, respond to my screen picks promptly, and never hit me with popups.

About half the time I use ECCIE, I have a 30 second to two minute delay in response. The other half there is no response at all, I get redirected to one of the pop up ad sites, or get a "database" error. I've seen other complaints about this as well.

Ads pay for the expenses. A site this popular has a lotta traffic, lotsa technical equipment, yadayadayada......

If more would pay for premium access, rather than writing reviews to receive "free" access to the "fictional" encounters all of you don't actually have (lol), then maybe they could afford to run the site without having to resort to certain things that annoy us. Not that I've asked or am in the know and it's certainly none of my biz. I'm just guessing what the reason is and offering solutions that might help. I have no idea if it would impact these issues or not.
MaxiMilyen is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:45 AM   #5
Muscleup
Account Disabled

Encounters: 30

Have you tried using another browser? That happens intermittently to me but has not been a big problem. I changed browser to Firefox and got a apple time capsule router (T2). That thing is awesome.
Muscleup is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 09:49 AM   #6
shooter6.5
Premium Access

Encounters: 1
Default while ECCIE does run slow now and then

the problem you are having may very well be your own computer. I had the same problems as you and then I took it to a computer shop, and they cleaned it and I got a better virus protection soft ware. Solved the problem=totally. Atleast for the time being.
shooter6.5 is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 10:09 AM   #7
Guest123018
Account Disabled

User ID: 68788
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgritstoo View Post
I'd like to know
Guest123018 is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:54 AM   #8
grayturner
Valued Poster

Encounters: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMilyen View Post
Ads pay for the expenses. A site this popular has a lotta traffic, lotsa technical equipment, yadayadayada......

If more would pay for premium access, rather than writing reviews to receive "free" access to the "fictional" encounters all of you don't actually have (lol), then maybe they could afford to run the site without having to resort to certain things that annoy us. Not that I've asked or am in the know and it's certainly none of my biz. I'm just guessing what the reason is and offering solutions that might help. I have no idea if it would impact these issues or not.
If not for these reviews there would be very little need to visit the site.
grayturner is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:07 PM   #9
MaxiMilyen
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayturner View Post
If not for these reviews there would be very little need to visit the site.
Right! Cause a lady's showcase says nothing about what a gent might like. And the forums have nothing of value to offer either. I totally understand your point! Just as you understood mine....'-). LOL
Old 01-10-2015, 02:27 PM   #10
grayturner
Valued Poster

Encounters: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxiMilyen View Post
Right! Cause a lady's showcase says nothing about what a gent might like. And the forums have nothing of value to offer either. I totally understand your point! Just as you understood mine....'-). LOL
Yes of course you are right.The showcases are very important because they have links to the reviews. LOL
grayturner is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:32 PM   #11
rothers
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 13

I've had the database error a lot these days. It only happens on the front page. If it happens, Google eccie and you'll see several links, at least one is past the home page. Use that and you'll bypass the database error.
rothers is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 02:44 PM   #12
MaxiMilyen
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayturner View Post
Yes of course you are right.The showcases are very important because they have links to the reviews. LOL
Then I shouldn't have bothered to put any info there. Well, good to know I didn't understand the concept.

Whole point in the beginning was, if everyone wasn't penny pinching so hot and heavy, as evidenced by the gazillion requests we get for a special rate, and they actually paid for Premium access, then there might not be such a need for paid advertising in order to run the site as best they can and considering how many folks are participating, browsing, and reading those reviews as if they were the holy grail of each lady's entire being.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:27 PM   #13
FoulRon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothers View Post
I've had the database error a lot these days. It only happens on the front page. If it happens, Google eccie and you'll see several links, at least one is past the home page. Use that and you'll bypass the database error.
I get the database error all over the site, and sometimes for several minutes as the admins work to restore connectivity.
When it happens it's either a temporary request overload issue, or the database is actually down for some reason. Rarely is it something about the specific page that's the error.
FoulRon is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 06:42 PM   #14
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Its amazing a corn farmer is griping about connection speeds.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:47 PM   #15
jwood
Valued Poster

Encounters: 75

I can get on or I can't get on. Only game around here so I'll just deal with. I need to work more anyway.
jwood is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women