Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 261
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453216
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41215
CryptKicker37176
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 11-20-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
markroxny
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3
Default UH OH WHRILY...LOOKS LIKE THE DNI, NOT THE WHITE HOUSE CHANGED THE TALKING POINTS!

Don't you ever get tired of being wrong Whirlyturd??

Quote:
(CBS News) WASHINGTON - CBS News has learned that the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) cut specific references to "al Qaeda" and "terrorism" from the unclassified talking points given to Ambassador Susan Rice on the Benghazi consulate attack - with the agreement of the CIA and FBI. The White House or State Department did not make those changes.

There has been considerable discussion about who made the changes to the talking points that Rice stuck to in her television appearances on Sept. 16 (video), five days after the attack that killed American Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens, and three other U.S. nationals.

Republicans have accused her of making misleading statements by referring to the assault as a "spontaneous" demonstration by extremists. Some have suggested she used the terminology she did for political reasons.

However, an intelligence source tells CBS News correspondent Margaret Brennan the links to al Qaeda were deemed too "tenuous" to make public, because there was not strong confidence in the person providing the intelligence. CIA Director David Petraeus, however, told Congress he agreed to release the information -- the reference to al Qaeda -- in an early draft of the talking points, which were also distributed to select lawmakers.

"The intelligence community assessed from the very beginning that what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack." DNI spokesman Shawn Turner tells CBS News. That information was shared at a classified level -- which Rice, as a member of President Obama's cabinet, would have been privy to.
An intelligence source says the talking points were passed from the CIA to the DNI, where the substantive edits were made, and then to FBI, which made more edits as part of "standard procedure."

The head of the DNI is James Clapper, an Obama appointee. He ultimately did review the points, before they were given to Ambassador Rice and members of the House intelligence committee on Sept. 14. They were compiled the day before.
Brennan says her source wouldn't confirm who in the agency suggested the final edits which were signed off on by all intelligence agencies.
Another source, a senior U.S. official familiar with the drafting of the talking points, tells CBS News the "controversy this word choice has caused came as a surprise."
"The points were not, as has been insinuated by some, edited to minimize the role of extremists, diminish terrorist affiliations, or play down that this was an attack," the official tells CBS News, adding that there were "legitimate intelligence and legal issues to consider, as is almost always the case when explaining classified assessments publicly."
"Most people understand that saying 'extremists' were involved in a direct assault on the mission isn't shying away from the idea of terrorist involvement," added the official. "Because of the various elements involved in the attack, the term extremist was meant to capture the range of participants."

A spokeswoman for House Intelligence Committee chairman Mike Rogers suggested today that the DNI's explanation is different that what the committee was told behind closed doors last week.

"The statement released Monday evening by the DNI's spokesman regarding how the Intelligence Community's talking points were changed gives a new explanation that differs significantly from information provided in testimony to the Committee last week," House Intelligence Committee spokeswoman Susan Phalen told CBS News.

"Chairman Rogers looks forward to discussing this new explanation with Director Clapper as soon as possible to understand how the DNI reached this conclusion and why leaders of the Intelligence Community testified late last week that they were unaware of who changed the talking points."

Several militant groups have been eyed as likely culprits, including the Islamic extremist militia Ansar al Sharia, which was based in Eastern Libya and enjoyed huge power in Benghazi before the attack. Gen. Carter Ham, chief of the U.S. Africa Command, said recently that there were "linkages" between al Qaeda and some of the people who attacked the consulate and the CIA annex about a mile away.
CBS News senior correspondent John Miller, himself a former Deputy Director of the DNI's analysis division, explained on "CBS This Morning" in the weeks after the Benghazi attack why it has been so difficult for American intelligence agents to clearly identify and label the suspects in the assault. (Click player at left for Miller's full analysis

"We want a wiring diagram," Miller said. "We want an organized picture: 'It was al Qaeda who ordered it, it was Ansar al Sharia who carried it out, it was this group that assisted. The problem is, the lines have blurred between those groups and their members. Ansar al Sharias are popping up in places like Benghazi, but also in Yemen, also in Tunisia, in all these countries -- and they're not al Qaeda, but they are reading from the al Qaeda narrative and they are being influenced by people who are formerly influential extremists in al Qaeda."

"The actual truth is, the picture isn't that clear, but we can piece it together, and that's not satisfying to people who are used to saying, 'You can attach this attack to that group,'" said Miller.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_1...bi-signed-off/

GAME OVER
markroxny is offline   Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Super. Now we can finally move on to the next "scandal".
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Are you saying that Whirly is "Trending" wrong, once again?

This is beginning to sound like a badly scratched record!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

he's trending over and taking it in the Chorts!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #5
Doove
Valued Poster

And here it is.

http://www.barackofraudo.com/
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

"The head of the DNI is James Clapper, an Odumbo [political] appointee."
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #7
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
+1000

You beat me to it!!!!!

For the Obaminable Loyalists .... any port in a storm. Deniability.

"White House" = Administration ....
"The Capital" = Congress
"The Court" = Supreme Court

You all are lame. Real lame.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #8
CJ7
Valued Poster

it doesnt make any difference what anyone says as far as the simpletons are concerned, thats why they're simpletons.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:51 PM   #9
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post

For the Obaminable Loyalists .... any port in a storm. Deniability.
And you call yourself a Democrat!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #10
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Game over? According to CBS News? The official propaganda station for the Administration? As are the other major networks!

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

You must be joking! They are SO in the tank for Obama! Let's wiat for the hearings, if the Republicans have any balls. Which they don't. But that doesn't change a thing.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #11
Guest040616
Account Disabled

As of this very moment, StupidOldLumpyFart has 14,782 Wacked Out posts and counting!

And he has yet to figure out what he is in favor of!
Old 11-20-2012, 04:17 PM   #12
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
And you call yourself a Democrat!
Yep. Because I am. Live with it, or move on.

Were you proud of your vote for Johnson after you found out that he (with the help of his administration) lied about the Gulf of Tonkin incident to justify ramping up the S.E. Asia activity? Or did you just blindly worship him for doing so along "Party" lines?

And if you didn't vote for Kennedy or Johnson ... according to your criteria

..... YOUR NOT A DEMOCRAT!!!!!!!

And you call yourself an Obaminable Loyalist.

Has she given you a refund yet?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #13
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post

Were you proud of your vote for Johnson
Apparently you have not been paying very close attention. I believe my specific (and 100% accurate) response was, I never voted for JFK or LBJ! I am even willing to back that up with a friendly wager. Shall we say $5 Benjis?

DINO, you have an extremely short attention span. Don't you?
Old 11-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #14
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Yeah, I'm sure the head swinging dick in the entire US intelligence apparatus sits around editing talking points all day. Are you people on drugs?? They guy probably signed off on it, but I highly doubt that he's the guy who did the edits.

This is the most pathetic excuse for a manufactured scandal that I can recall. It ranks right up there with Hillary murdering Vince Foster. Beyond ridiculous. If you want a scandal, look at Obama's record on civil liberties. It's almost as bad a Bush's. No civilian trials for terrorist. No repeal of the so-called Patriot Act. Not that's a scandal.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:04 PM   #15
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Yeah, I'm sure the head swinging dick in the entire US intelligence apparatus sits around editing talking points all day.
Better check again, TTH! That is exactly what the fuck Clapper's job is all about: coordinating intelligence media releases!

I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women