Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
test
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70685
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60219
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48392
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41270
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35682
Mojojo33117

Old 02-07-2011, 06:53 AM   #1
toulmin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26
Default Best BBQ in Austin

I've got people visiting soon from CA and sure could use some recommendations for the best BBQ in Austin.
toulmin is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:20 AM   #2
Happy Diver
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 5

There's a thread about this somewhere, I'd do a search.
IMHO, Salt Lick, both locations is very, very good.
Happy Diver is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:22 AM   #3
Billy_Saul
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 1

There is no good BBQ in Austin irregardless of what anyone tells you. If you want good BBQ take them to Kreuz in Lockhart, Muellers in Taylor, or Snows in Lexington. Depending on when they arrive, it may be a chance to see some bluebonnets on the drive there. There are other decent places as well, just none in town.
Billy_Saul is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:34 AM   #4
Guest112113-3
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Snows in Lexington is actually Snows in Tanglewood, open only on Saturdays. Is only take out also.

Being from the Capital of BBQ (Lockhart) you should start with Chisholm Trail BBQ, Kruez (German language, it's not said as cruise) Market, Smitty's Market, Brother owes Kruez and Sister owes Smitty's, history. There is one more BBQ location (wont mention name) but don't necessary recommend since I recommend the best in Texas by many accounts.

Right in line would be the City Market in Luling.
Guest112113-3 is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #5
ATXMook
Gaining Momentum

Worth the drive, but there's a little dive on the way to Bastrop called Benny's BBQ. Best beef ribs ever, but his sauce is only so-so. Not bad, mind you, and the ribs more than make up for any lacking. Best to call ahead.
ATXMook is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #6
harkontume
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

nope: for Beef either brisket or ribs.. it is the Salt Lick
harkontume is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #7
Billy_Saul
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody of TX View Post
Snows in Lexington is actually Snows in Tanglewood, open only on Saturdays. Is only take out also.

Being from the Capital of BBQ (Lockhart) you should start with Chisholm Trail BBQ, Kruez (German language, it's not said as cruise) Market, Smitty's Market, Brother owes Kruez and Sister owes Smitty's, history. There is one more BBQ location (wont mention name) but don't necessary recommend since I recommend the best in Texas by many accounts.

Right in line would be the City Market in Luling.
All good choices Woody. Rarely hear Chisholm mentioned but its the best value, where the locals usually eat, and a great place to stock up. I also usually omit Blacks although some like it. As far as Snows goes, my experience has been you had better get there very early (8AM) because they sell out quickly. Not sure how you come up with Tanglewood because they are right by the Lexington cattle auction at 516 Main and it is dine in with free bean refills. Snows brisket is the best. Muellers has good beef ribs. Chisholm for the BBQ fajita meat. Kreutz best all around.

http://www.snowsbbq.com/index.html

http://www.kreuzmarket.com/index.shtml

http://www.smittysmarket.com/

http://www.chisholmtrailbbq.com/

http://www.lulingcitymarket.com/

http://www.louiemuellerbarbecue.com/
Old 02-07-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Since the OP asked about "best BBQ in Austin", not "near" austin, I recommend Vans, on 183, about 1/2 mile East of Burnet Rd. A quiet little secret that old on style and big on value.
nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #9
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Can't beat Coopers' BIG CHOP! (Llano - 1 hour away - or new store in New Braunfels - 45 minutes away)

For atmosphere, it's definitely the Salt Lick.... excellent ribs, brisket and sauce... and out of towners flat out love the experience!

Beef Ribs are good at above mentioned establishments, but there's nothing slouchy about the beef ribs at the County Line. Plus they've got the best sides in around, imho.

If you're craving sirloin, check out Schoepf's in Temple. Awesome smoked steak dinners.

Sam's in East Austin has BBQ mutton which is another experience.

You can also impress your guests at Lamberts or Jaspers and drop a ton of money. Food is great but it AIN'T TEXAS BBQ!

AND DON'T FORGET THE LATEST AND GREATEST -- Franklin's on I-35 -- a BBQ lunch trailer that kicks everybody's ass! Get there early.

Frankly, though, if they're from CA, you could take 'em to Pok E Joe's and they'll jizz in their pants!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #10
jollygaroger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

Can't believe nobody mentioned Opie's off 71 around Spicewood. That and Kreuz are my favorites. Never had much luck at Muellers in Taylor...I always end up with tough brisket there.

Anybody tried the other Muellers in Bastrop (is it even still open)? This was the one that moved from I-35 a few years ago (owned by the son I believe)...
jollygaroger is offline   Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #11
nuglet
Valued Poster

but..... the question was "in Austin".. they may not be in the mood for a "road trip".
Old 02-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #12
Billy_Saul
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollygaroger View Post
Can't believe nobody mentioned Opie's off 71 around Spicewood. That and Kreuz are my favorites. Never had much luck at Muellers in Taylor...I always end up with tough brisket there.

Anybody tried the other Muellers in Bastrop (is it even still open)? This was the one that moved from I-35 a few years ago (owned by the son I believe)...
I'll have to try Opie's next time I drive by it. Mueller's in Taylor while capable of top tier, definitely inconsistent.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #13
Billy_Saul
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuglet View Post
but..... the question was "in Austin".. they may not be in the mood for a "road trip".
maybe not, but if someone is coming all the way from californy why not treat them to the real deal. And if you were to leave from S Austin, it might be just as quick of a trip to Lockhart as to N. Austin for example. Not talking Rio Grande valley here.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:32 PM   #14
nuglet
Valued Poster

true, but I live locally and wouldn't go to most of those places.. and definitely wouldn't take folks from out of town there. Most of my friends wouldn't know truly good BBQ if they fell in it.. so it's just not worth a trip. But to be fair, I sure would NOT take them to someplace like Bill Miller either.. Even I can't choke that stuff down.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #15
Billy_Saul
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuglet View Post
true, but I live locally and wouldn't go to most of those places.. and definitely wouldn't take folks from out of town there. Most of my friends wouldn't know truly good BBQ if they fell in it.. so it's just not worth a trip. But to be fair, I sure would NO take them to someplace like Bill Miller either.. Even I can't choke that stuff down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toulmin View Post
recommendations for the best BBQ in Austin.
maybe I'm wrong but I thought OP was seeking quality

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women