Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > South Texas > The Sandbox-South Texas
test
The Sandbox-South Texas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70680
biomed162376
Yssup Rider60215
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48392
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41263
CryptKicker37178
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35649
Mojojo33117

Old 12-18-2015, 02:34 AM   #1
Mcklipsch
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4
Default Good Live Music Is My Drug

I went to Tapology Texas Pub Thursday night and saw John Eric & Isaac Jacob perform playing acoustic guitars & singing some Excellent Country Music. Tapology Texas Pub used to be known as Jack Ash's Drinkery, it is located at 4334 South Staples Street, across the street from the Lithia Dodge Car Dealership. This was my first time to go to Tapology Texas Pub. They have 40 Premium Craft Beer on Tap. There was a very small crowd at Tapology.

John Eric is my Favorite Country Singer in Corpus Christi, he has an excellent voice. John Eric has a Full Country Band that performs on weekends, he performs solo or sometimes with a Musician Buddy during the week. John Eric is a Full Time Musician, he does not have a day job-Music is how he makes a living & supports his Family. This was my first time to see Isaac Bruce perform/sing, he also has an excellent voice. Isaac Bruce lives in New Braunfels. They perform together on a semi regular basis at Tapology on Thursday nights. They call themselves Big & Brown, both Dudes are large Mexicano Men.

An Austin Soul/Funk Band Roxy Roca is performing/playing at Vino Mio Social Club Friday night. I have never seen Roxy Roca perform/play, but I have listened to some of their music on Youtube. I liked what I heard, so I plan on going to Vino Mio Friday night to see Roxy Roca live. Local C.C. Blues guitarist/singer Reno Perez performs/plays at Vino Mio Saturday night. Reno Perez is an excellent guitar player, he played guitar for Country Musicians Merle Haggard & Johnny Rodriquez in the past. Reno Perez Dad is a Tejano Musician & he is a Member of the Tejano Hall of Fame. I will probably be going to see Reno Perez perform/play Saturday night. It has been a while since I have seen Reno Perez perform/play.

I love Music-both live & recorded-CD's & Vinyl Records/Albums. Going out to see Good Live Music & the Musicians that perform/play Music is like a Drug for me, listening to Good Music makes me happy & feel good. Support your Local Musicians & Visiting Musicians por favor.
Mcklipsch is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 01:35 PM   #2
rjdiner
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 51

Thanks Mcklipsch for your local entertainment reports you do here. It adds something to our board and I never fail to learn something in reading your posts. I too am a music lover and would love to see you post as often as possible on this subject for the area.

In fact, I would like to see if we can get a sticky for the sandbox on entertainment. We often complain how dead our town is, but music is one of the strengths of the Bend. There are a lot of bands I don't know of until they've left town. If we all posted about our knowledge of upcoming events, I believe it would make this board a better place.

Just thinking out loud. Please feel free to voice opinions here.
rjdiner is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 03:38 PM   #3
Mr. Smith111
Account Disabled

Encounters: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdiner View Post
Thanks Mcklipsch for your local entertainment reports you do here. It adds something to our board and I never fail to learn something in reading your posts. I too am a music lover and would love to see you post as often as possible on this subject for the area.

In fact, I would like to see if we can get a sticky for the sandbox on entertainment. We often complain how dead our town is, but music is one of the strengths of the Bend. There are a lot of bands I don't know of until they've left town. If we all posted about our knowledge of upcoming events, I believe it would make this board a better place.

Just thinking out loud. Please feel free to voice opinions here.
Just make sure those bands aren't being pimped!. LOL
Mr. Smith111 is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 01:04 AM   #4
Mcklipsch
Valued Poster

Thanks rjdiner, it's good to see another Music Lover in C.C. on ECCIE. Capitan1962 is a Musician-bass player & is also a Music Lover. Mr. Smith111 your post gave me a good laugh, it was very funny in my humble opinion.

I went to Vino Mio & saw Roxy Roca perform/play, I was very impressed with their Musical style of Soul & Funk. The cover charge was $10. Roxy Roca is a 6 piece Band-Guitar player, Bass player, Drummer, Lead Singer, Saxophone player & Trumpet player. The Caller Times Friday Viva Entertainment section had an article about Roxy Roca. The article had a picture of the band & showed/mentioned a Trombone player in the band. They did not have a trombone player Friday night. The lead singer has a rough gravelly voice which I liked. The horn players-saxophone & trumpet were excellent, they had a Tower of Power Horn Style going on. There was a pretty good crowd at Vino Mio, but it cleared out to small crowd before their final set. They stopped playing at 1:00 AM.

Facebook is my main source of info to find out where Bands are playing. Club Facebook Pages usually have info on the Bands that are playing at their Club. Or Musician's/Band Facebook Pages have info where they will be playing. The Caller Times Friday Viva Entertainment Section sucks hind tit in my opinion, they don't provide enough info for Club Listings & the Bands playing at their venues.
Old 12-19-2015, 03:53 AM   #5
capitan1962
Premium Access

Encounters: 157

Mando's bar It'll do Saloon has live music every Friday and Saturday as well as the open jam on Thursday night. I used to hit the open jam often but now that I moved out in the woods I usually go to Smith's house and watch Thursday night football. I still play with an old school country band but we only do about one gig a month usually up in the Kennedy/Karnes City/Helena area. Yes you can play country on a Rickenbacker, lol.
capitan1962 is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 11:55 AM   #6
Mcklipsch
Valued Poster

I had planned to go see the Reno Perez Blues Band at Vino Mio Saturday night. I did not know that my Favorite Football Team of 52 years-the Dallas Cowboys were playing Saturday night. I was checking my internet and saw that the Dallas Cowboys were playing the New York Jets Saturday night. I only saw 34 seconds of the first half of the game. I drank some Pearl Beer-Nectar of the gods & watched the rest of the game. Watched Saturday Night Live after the game, Bruce Springsteen was the Musical Guest. I like Bruce Springsteen's Music muy mucho. Paul McCartney formerly of the Beatles sat in with Bruce Springsteen on one song.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:37 PM   #7
silvester91999
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 3

*Isaac Jacob has a full band also.. If you ever get a chance to see him with band... Amazing! Ask or pay him to sing "Prayer for the Lonely" he schools The Departed on this song..
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...kmYH5O2Tqr5sJw

John Erick is awesome, one of the hardest working entertainers in Corpus Christi.
silvester91999 is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women