Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70697
biomed162445
Yssup Rider60287
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48409
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41359
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35769
Mojojo33117

Old 04-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Default Republican Congressman Mocked by Seniors

Rep. Dan Benishek’s (R-MI) embrace of the Republican Party’s platform ran into stiff opposition at a town hall meeting in Saulte Sainte Marie, Michigan when at least a dozen constituents, many of them senior citizens, pushed back against Benishek’s claims on Medicare, Social Security, oil subsides and health care reform.

Benishek couldn’t even get through his opening remarks before attendees began criticizing his support for Rep. Paul Ryan’s (R-WI) proposed budget that would increase the cost of health care for seniors by providing “premium support” vouchers to eligible senior citizens. “If you have a better idea as how to keep Medicare sustainable over the long term, I’d be happy to hear it,” offered Benishek.

He may have regretted those words after the event, because for half an hour, Benishek fielded several suggestions on how to increase funding for Medicare, ranging from ending oil subsidies to increasing taxes on the wealthiest two percent, suggestions that Benishek summarily dismissed.

Benishek also displayed a shocking lack of self-awareness about his level of knowledge of some key facts. “There are no government subsidies for oil,” he told one woman who suggested ending the very real subsidies given to oil corporations to help defray the cost of Medicare.

At one point, the discussion turned to health care reform. Benishek, who served as a medical doctor before he was elected to Congress in 2010, was thrust onto the national stage after his predecessor Bart Stupak cast the deciding vote in favor of the Affordable Care Act in 2010. He told the audience that the United States has the best health care system in the world, before he was literally laughed at by several attendees.
“We have the highest life spans in the world,” argued Benishek. Several women in the audience quickly pointed out that in fact, many countries with universal health care place higher than the United States in terms of life expectancy, including Canada, Sweden, Norway and the Netherlands. The United States ranks 50th, just behind South Korea and Bosnia and Herzegovina. “I don’t believe that’s true,” said Benishek. “How can you not know that, you’re a medical doctor?” one woman replied.

The confrontational town hall meeting almost didn’t even happen, after a member of the public, armed with a camera, refused to stop recording. A representative from the Chamber of Commerce, which sponsored the event, threatened to shut down the entire proceedings.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #2
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

another made up story? I have only seen you provide a link one time
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #3
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
Lighten up! Just because you don't like what he said doesn't mean it isn't true!

Here's a link to part of one of the seniors recording the meeting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjaS6cozCNE
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #4
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

In case you don't believe your own "lying eyes" and you need more links showing it happened, here ya go:

http://freakoutnation.com/2012/04/10...e-reagan-taxed

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012...all/?mobile=nc

http://www.blogrunner.com/snapshot/D...f_ryan_budget/
Old 04-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #5
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjohnstone View Post
WTF does he have to prove anything to you? I never saw a rule for this forum that said anything had to be proven prior to posting. Need I remind you that this is not Truth or Consequences? This is a friggin' hooker board where the truth is normally stretched by 3-5 inches.

If Whirly actually had to prove the shit he posted, he would have been banned months ago, along with his buddy!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:25 PM   #6
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Questioning of the outrage from seniors at this meeting sort of reminds me of the lie about the Postal Service.

The ONLY reasons the postal service has any financial problems is because of a bill passed under Bush calling for it to fund 75 years worth of pensions in 10 years.There is not a corporation in the world that could do that and remain solvent.

Plus the de-regulators have let DHL, Fed-Ex and UPS "cherry pick" the most lucrative part of the postal product line (overnight letters and parcels).

Let those bastards try to deliver mail to rural and sparsely-populated areas and see how profitable they are even without being forced to fund pensions 75 years in just 10 years.

By the way, the Postal Service self-funds with fucking STAMPS and not tax breaks.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #7
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
WTF does he have to prove anything to you? I never saw a rule for this forum that said anything had to be proven prior to posting. Need I remind you that this is not Truth or Consequences? This is a friggin' hooker board where the truth is normally stretched by 3-5 inches.

If Whirly actually had to prove the shit he posted, he would have been banned months ago, alog with his buddy!
And what bigtex said!!!!!!
Old 04-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #8
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

At some point people are going to have to understand that Medicare and Social Security are unsustainable in their present form. We have to start reforming the system now, or watch it collapse entirely in the foreseeable future.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:01 PM   #9
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
At some point people are going to have to understand that Medicare and Social Security are unsustainable in their present form. We have to start reforming the system now, or watch it collapse entirely in the foreseeable future.
Not too long ago, it was suggested by a poster in this forum that those who are suggesting reforming social security and medicare should refuse those benefits when they become eligible. That would leave more for those of us who are not in favor of ss and medicare reform!

I believe COG should have the right of first refusal!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #10
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

That is, of course, bullshit, and BigTurd knows bullshit. The system will collapse without reform regardless of whether I claim it or not. Red herring bullshit.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #11
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
That is, of course, bullshit, and BigTurd knows bullshit. The system will collapse without reform regardless of whether I claim it or not. Red herring bullshit.

Not if you and your fellow Far Right, Tea Party-Wing Nuts all refuse. It should not be too difficult to organize these guys. They are about as gullable as it gets!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #12
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

No, COG, your assertion is bullshit. UNSUSTAINABLE my ass!

Why should anyone have a limit where his social security tax is no longer collected after he reaches a certain yearly income?

How about the mortgage loophole on mortgage interest? Why should you be able to get a tax break for "buying" a house when others are paying rent to people who are "buying" those multi-family structures?

Why should capital gains be taxed as other than ordinary income?

Fuck your "Flat Tax" crap, too! It is more unfair to the middle class and the poor than the current system!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #13
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post
Lighten up! Just because you don't like what he said doesn't mean it isn't true!

Here's a link to part of one of the seniors recording the meeting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjaS6cozCNE
thank you, I do not see much to get your panty's in a wad
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #14
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I don't like the flat tax. I'm a FairTax guy. And please read about it at fairtax.org before you go off on a rant and sound even stupider.

The income tax is a monstrosity. It has to be replaced with something. Pretty much anything.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #15
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

The POINT is that SS is not unsustainable! Private Health Care was unsustainable and was continuing to be rationed further and further in regards to a policyholder's ability to pay premiums that were escalating at 15% - 35% per year all the while more and more "preexisting conditions" were being "recognized" by the insurance industry as a way to further ration care.

Try to keep up, COG!

Ron Paul and Alex Jones are not doing the world ANY good by milking their scared little factions for every piece global collapse self-defense bullshit they are selling.

It's like buying gold. When things get THAT bad, your neighbor will shoot your bomb sheltered ass for a bottle of Boone Pickens water and forget dragging your bullion anywhere.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women