Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 388
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 255
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70538
biomed161494
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453108
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling48002
pyramider46370
bambino40660
CryptKicker37131
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-04-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
Rodram
BANNED

Encounters: 2
Default Reuters: Pics from Bin Laden compound***GRAPHIC***

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7437KK20110504

These guys had no chance.
Rodram is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
Rakhir
Valued Poster

Encounters: 62
Default I like this photo

Personally I like this one.
Rakhir is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #3
Guest081519
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

That is a wicked looking tail-rotor on that crashed UH-60. I had not seen that version yet. Anyone else current in the helo community? I haven't touched a helicopter in 10 years.
Guest081519 is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:19 PM   #4
oshins
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Its being reported as the mythical stealth blackhawk. There's a video of the parts being carted off on one of the news outlets... and commentary about how well Pakistan and China get along.
oshins is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #5
Rodram
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhir View Post
Personally I like this one.
LMAO!!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 03:37 PM   #6
Likinikki
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7867
My ECCIE Reviews

That's hillarious Rakhir!
Likinikki is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:50 PM   #7
blaktygre
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

now that is classic, rakhir!!!
blaktygre is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #8
Rodram
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshins View Post
Its being reported as the mythical stealth blackhawk. There's a video of the parts being carted off on one of the news outlets... and commentary about how well Pakistan and China get along.
Weren't those troop carriers? Or was one an attack heli and the other a troop carrier? I heard that there were 25 Seals so maybe what they were could be surmised from that. Is it possible it's was a Cherokee?

This is for JJ sorry oshin!
Old 05-05-2011, 06:05 PM   #9
oshins
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

From what I have read, 2 stealth BH did the insertion, extra chinook on the extraction b/c of the crash. Doesn't really jive, but its what is out there right now.
oshins is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #10
Guest083013
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26

Next time I see you Rakhir ==> we'll have a new drink called the Bin Laden:

2 shots and a splash of water

And worked helicopters for thirty years from Pedro's to Jolly Greens in Nam and beyond. The UH-60 came into the inventory in 1979 and is a true work horse.
I got to "play" in some of the modified MH-60G PJ toys before I retired. Ironically ==> they are once again being referred to as "Pedro"... (see pic)

In the 1 May 2011 operation that killed Osama bin Laden, it emerged that the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, which operated the helicopters during the raid, used a heavily modified version of the UH-60. Features apparently include a modified tail section with extra blades on the tail rotor and other additions which significantly lower noise levels from that of conventional UH-60s. It also had low-observable technology similar to that of F-117 that enabled it to evade Pakistan Air Force radars. The aircraft seemed to include features like special high-tech materials, harsh angles, and flat surfaces, found only on sophisticated stealth jets. This came to light only when one of the helicopters used in the operation crashed and was subsequently destroyed except for its tail section.

In air assault operations it can move a squad of 11 combat troops. Three birds would have done this mission nicely with a mother bird (Chinook) as noted by oshins.
Guest083013 is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #11
Rodram
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshins View Post
From what I have read, 2 stealth BH did the insertion, extra chinook on the extraction b/c of the crash. Doesn't really jive, but its what is out there right now.
I should've said Comanche not Cherokee.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:51 PM   #12
Rakhir
Valued Poster

Encounters: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisrn View Post
Next time I see you Rakhir ==> we'll have a new drink called the Bin Laden:

2 shots and a splash of water

And worked helicopters for thirty years from Pedro's to Jolly Greens in Nam and beyond. The UH-60 came into the inventory in 1979 and is a true work horse.
I got to "play" in some of the modified MH-60G PJ toys before I retired. Ironically ==> they are once again being referred to as "Pedro"... (see pic)

In the 1 May 2011 operation that killed Osama bin Laden, it emerged that the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, which operated the helicopters during the raid, used a heavily modified version of the UH-60. Features apparently include a modified tail section with extra blades on the tail rotor and other additions which significantly lower noise levels from that of conventional UH-60s. It also had low-observable technology similar to that of F-117 that enabled it to evade Pakistan Air Force radars. The aircraft seemed to include features like special high-tech materials, harsh angles, and flat surfaces, found only on sophisticated stealth jets. This came to light only when one of the helicopters used in the operation crashed and was subsequently destroyed except for its tail section.

In air assault operations it can move a squad of 11 combat troops. Three birds would have done this mission nicely with a mother bird (Chinook) as noted by oshins.

I will take you up on that. BTW I am interested in that chopper as well. Heard some interesting things concerning carbon figure composites.
Rakhir is offline   Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #13
Guest083013
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26

Rodram ==> a note on the Comanche Program:
http://pogoarchives.org/m/dp/dp-nbc-02232004.pdf

We've gone off track with this thread a little bit; however, talking about the toys being used relating to UBL may be okay (a staff decision); however, I have some thoughts.

It's really a shame they cancelled that helicopter. It was a wonder of modern technology.

And for those of you wondering if it would be useful....well hardly an helicopter would be brought down by an AK unless something is very wrong with its maintenance. An Apache can withstand hits of bullets up to 12.7mm, 23mm in the most important and sensitive areas. The comanche has similar levels of endurance and if the problem was indeed maintenance that would be much less of an issue with comanches's improved modular electronics and remove-and-replace system.

Besides, most of the choppers shot down in Iraq and Afghanistan were hit by heat seeking rockets. Comanche radiates only 25% as much heat as an Apache and relies on a IR supressor that cools down gases coming from the exhausts to such an extent that a heat seeking missile can't lock on to it. Hardly any of those rockets use radar to reach their targets but if that were the case they wouldn't be too efficient against an helicopter with a radar signature smaller than a hellfire missile. Even if it were sound....a comanche makes about 50% less noise than an Apache.

Add to that an incredible manouverability and speed, an impressive array of sensors, ability to operate day and night, in bad weather and harsh desert conditions, and the capacity to quickly collect, analyze and disseminate huge amounts of info and you'll agree that it would be the best possible (manned) replacement for an Apache in its current role in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Now if UCAV's are the reason....well then ==> let's make a cockpit-less comanche, either operating independently or with remote control.

DON'T JUST USE THAT TECH ON OLDER CHOPPERS!!</B>
Guest083013 is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:03 AM   #14
Rodram
BANNED

I don't know this as fact, but, considering that we have become so effective and efficient with the use of UAV's I would think that we probably have seen the last manned combat aircraft (with some exceptions of course) produced like the Joint Strike Fighter and the current Apache with maybe some variations.
I read somewhere that the Stealth BW's that were used were 2 of several that were delivered before the program was defunded. Maybe it was defunded because of unsolved technical problems like what was experienced with this latest malfunction resulting in a hard landing.
I have a fascination with helicopters, especially the engineering involved in the rotors, swash plates, blades, armament, etc. I fly rc helis but have had to cut back because the damn things are so expensive and I want to move on to scale flying and multi bladed rotors like the MD500's and the flybarless Bell Jet Ranger models.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:59 AM   #15
Mokoa
The Mod In Black®

Encounters: 4

Yes, the helicopters deserve a thread of their own.

Let's stick to this thread's topic.
Mokoa is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women