Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70683
biomed162390
Yssup Rider60218
gman4453217
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48392
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41270
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35680
Mojojo33117

Old 01-25-2024, 05:45 PM   #1
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1
Default You got to wonder about those UAW elites

You endorse a man who has vowed to kill your industry by making the combustion engine a relic? That doesn’t seem to help their rank and file members.

Are they offering them training in the solar and wind industry. Are they going to house them in their collective mansions?

You had a man that helped your industry by negotiating a new North American trade agreement and is tough on China unlike the one that is on Chinas payroll.

Yeah makes perfect sense to me! NOT!!!
oilfieldace is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 06:05 PM   #2
winn dixie
BANNED

Encounters: 22

To be fair here! Yes they are getting training and jobs for electric vehicles. This was a major topic brought by the union.

I'm against unions. But gotta report facts for both sides
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 08:22 PM   #3
Levianon17
BANNED

Electric Cars lowers Testosterone.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 08:34 PM   #4
Budman
BANNED

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
To be fair here! Yes they are getting training and jobs for electric vehicles. This was a major topic brought by the union.

Go ask the keystone pipeline workers how thier new jobs in the solar industry is going.
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 01-25-2024, 08:39 PM   #5
winn dixie
BANNED

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
Go ask the keystone pipeline workers how thier new jobs in the solar industry is going.
Apples and oranges sir.
No comparison whatsoever
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 05:20 AM   #6
ICU 812
BANNED

Encounters: 15

Doesn't matter if they are in Industry, Education, Government or a Labor Union, the elits are always out of touch with the realities of life for the other 90% of us who have to work every day to make ends meet.
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 06:38 AM   #7
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post

Evidently, you don’t know what will happen to thousands of workers if it was all electric vehicles ?

Glad to see you finally admit you are democrat
oilfieldace is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 07:18 AM   #8
eyecu2
Premium Access

Encounters: 82

UAW builds cars. Doesn't matter what powerplant is in them. If your point was about loss of use of petroleum products, then look at API elites. Two totally different interests
eyecu2 is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 08:10 AM   #9
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
Trump had 4 years to get the Keystone pipeline approved and was unable to do so. There was so much oppostion to the pipeline that there would likely never be approval of it. Biden put the last nail in the coffin.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 08:58 AM   #10
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
Electric Cars lowers Testosterone.
You like your Tesla?

Again, anything that looks good for Biden must be wrong, fake or anti-American, right?

Not. This is another MAGA fantasy nightmare.

The raving continues. Trump is the ultimate reject.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 11:05 AM   #11
ICU 812
BANNED

I have experienced the effects of hurricnes here on the Gulfg Coast for several decades now. I have evacuated for one or two and stayed put for others. The power always goes out. Folks have a hard time recharging their EVs in good times. What will they do in an emergency? During one evacuation, I managed to bring along enough extra gas to refill our pickup after the storm.

Two years ago, I was "home-alone" during the deep freeze when the Texas electric grid went down. A neighbor cranked up a small generator and threw an extension cord over the fence for me. I ran a space heater overnight and the next day till we got power back.

And now back to electric vehicles: I grew up in a northern tie3r state. Winters can be cold. We are now seeing that an EV just does not work that well in the cold.

It is my belief that an all-electric economy is not ideal for a nation of 350 million.

and n
Old 01-26-2024, 11:38 AM   #12
eyecu2
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post

Two years ago, I was "home-alone" during the deep freeze when the Texas electric grid went down. A neighbor cranked up a small generator and threw an extension cord over the fence for me. I ran a space heater overnight and the next day till we got power back.

And now back to electric vehicles: I grew up in a northern tie3r state. Winters can be cold. We are now seeing that an EV just does not work that well in the cold.

It is my belief that an all-electric economy is not ideal for a nation of 350 million.
While EV's have limitations- so did Gas cars when they were first introduced. The horseless carriage had no horse, and it was very temperamental at first. Lots of issues with reliability and no roads etc. Then they built some roads. The reliability went up. Gasoline became more available etc. Imagine taking your gasoline car out west where there was no gas stations?

Now insert electric cars for horseless gasoline ones. The comparison should be enlightening- even you conservatives should realize that every new technology has a period of reluctant acceptance etc. the UAW, doesn't care what they build as long as it makes their union members money and keeps them with a job. The time for archaic tech, and combustion engines are breathing a last gasp for air in some situations.

In other countries, they use electricity for almost all transit. Some still use motors to drive generators, but the vast amount of large scale stuff uses electricity due to the abilty to get more torque. The UAW and most of America would be wise to see the forest through the tree's and stop making it a political football; although I don't think the UAW really cares if it's a battery or a combustion engine. -
Old 01-26-2024, 11:54 AM   #13
Levianon17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
You like your Tesla?

Again, anything that looks good for Biden must be wrong, fake or anti-American, right?

Not. This is another MAGA fantasy nightmare.

The raving continues. Trump is the ultimate reject.
I don't have one, don't want one. I like the sound of the engine upon acceleration. Electric Cars are nothing more than an overpriced Golf Cart. Everyone that I see driving them looks wimpy. So how do you like yours?
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 01-26-2024, 01:13 PM   #14
eyecu2
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levianon17 View Post
I don't have one, don't want one. I like the sound of the engine upon acceleration. Electric Cars are nothing more than an overpriced Golf Cart. Everyone that I see driving them looks wimpy. So how do you like yours?
See-that's just being argumentative on basis of personal preference. There is no basis that the UAW is gonna lose out, nor that companies may ebb and flow into and out of the market. Lots of room to play and all ppl can have a choice. If you like the sound- that's cool. I love the sound of my v8 cars too, but I'm not offended by the silent whir of a car that has a electric motor- It's not wimpy or gay. Matter of fact, my neighbor has a tesla plaid that will smoke every domestic car including a new corvette right the fuck off the street. But if that's wimpy....call me wimpy. See how I omitted any comments offensive to golf carts. They are fun to drive on the course, and in some neighborhoods in the villages. the UAW has a lot of retiree's down there too. (although - truthfully, most of those golf carts have gasoline engines in them. )
Old 01-26-2024, 01:24 PM   #15
ICU 812
BANNED

I would note that while. when autos first appeared, both IC and steam (and yes electric too) there was no government push to de-Horsify the nation. Yet within a very few years, cities across the4 country were virtually horse free. Many frms followed a decade or so later and powered-up with tractors. People bought IC cars because they saw a transportation advantage to themselves.

Cell phones are another example of a self-evident consumer product that transformed society in much the same way.

"Build a better mousetrap . . ." is a real principle in consumer behavior.

Electric cars currently are not "there" yet. I do believe that they could be, but not now. Yet people and companies are being coerced into movbing that way by government. If EVs and an all-electric society was THE way to go, everyone would go that way sooner or later without coercion by government.

Ford lost a coup;e billion on EVs last year. Automakers are closing plants for lacvk of demand. The news stories about useless EVs in the cold north can't be helping.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women