Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
test
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 273
George Spelvin 260
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70672
biomed162316
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453215
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48375
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41213
CryptKicker37175
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 03-11-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
Bebe Le Strange
Account Disabled

User ID: 66305
Default I lost my sister today

I lost my sister today. She was in critical condition for the past 3 1/2 weeks and on life support. They took her off her medication and respirator today at 11am in St. Luke's Hospital. I watched with my family her tiny body struggle to breathe, and then finally her heart stopped. This was a result of severe depression and long term drug addiction. She had overdosed over 6 separate times while living with my parents over the course of a year. She lived with my parents who are upper middle class people. She has a 7 year old son who also lives with them.

I am so broken up about this and have so much anger right now toward my parents who were "enablers" to her drug addiction. While living with my parents she was constantly reminded of what a bad mother she was. No one was really allowed to speak about what was going on in that house, and it infuriated me. They chalked it up to a lack of will power, and expected her to fix herself. She could not. She was severely depressed, and toward the end was treated like crap by most of my family. I did not speak or look at my mother today when we watched her pass away. The sad part is my parents had so many opportunities to get her involuntarily committed and get her some serious help and they did not. They were given detailed instructions by a police officer during last Christmas as to how to go before a Judge with their documentation and get the order to have her committed. They did not do it. They deluded themselves with denial and thinking she "seems" to be getting better. Only to have another overdose occur. I constantly asked my mother what they were doing for her and was told "we are handling it". Well, this is how they handled it. This was the result. I know longer have a sister. Her son no longer has a mother.

There is so much more I could say on this. I don't know how else to describe what I am going through right now. She was a good person. She was a fragile soul. She had so much adversity in her life. I will never forgive myself for not doing more as a sister.
Bebe Le Strange is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

No words can ease the pain of a wound so deep and raw.

I don't know anything about your parents, and I could be wrong about everything I say...

I imagine they didn't want to enable even if that's what they did, just didn't know how else to handle the situation. I imagine their hearts broke everyday they watched this unfold. Try to find it in you to be merciful to them, even if you can't forgive them. You lost a sister, but they also lost a daughter.

Only she could control her destiny. No one can force any of us to do anything.

The "would haves" and "should haves" don't matter, because they could still have ended the same way, there is no guarantee anything would have worked.

Though the sorrow will never dissipate, I hope you find peace with this.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
hotroddr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

I am sorry for your loss and hope you find it in your heart to reach out to your nephew and your parents.
hotroddr is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
lil_michelle
Account Disabled

User ID: 68434

just sent you a PM
lil_michelle is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
Rakhir
Valued Poster

Encounters: 62

Please accept my condolences. God bless!
Rakhir is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #6
Dartswinger
Gaining Momentum

Smile Your Sister

My heart really goes out to you. I've had a number of friends die due to drugs and depression. I'm 59 years old and it just gets harder to deal with it. I've prayed to God to save quite a few people I know and they still died. Strangely I've come to feel that He must answer my prayers in ways that I may just be beginning to understand. Every persons death affects someone. For the people that you love it brings pain. For some people who hate the person that you love I think that they feel something too. I think that they become filled with rage that eats them up from the inside out. So there you are filled with sadness. You have got to know though that these haters will never be free and will die someday incredibley miserable in their hate because God took your loved one home with Him so they can live forever in His promised land. The haters get to die in misery and live forever in the torture that God reserves just for them. It's called Hell. So when you think of your Sister know that she sits at the right hand of God never to be touch again by those who hated her as she lives free in Heaven forever. Please keep this in your heart and mind and know that someday God will take you to your Sister in heaven where you and she will experience eternal happiness. You will find happiness on this earth again while you live your life till God take you home too.
Dartswinger is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #7
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709
Default (((((((hug)))))))))

Oh my god. That is so so so so so sad. My deepest and most heartfelt condolences. I send PM . I am so so so sorry for what you have to go thru. Nothing can ease that pain. I want to hug you and hold you now.
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:39 PM   #8
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I'm very sorry for your loss. . . more words would only be more words.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:48 PM   #9
Sweet N Little
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 24680
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

My thoughts and prayers are with you during your time of loss.
Sweet N Little is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #10
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Oh no. So sorry to read of it.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:31 PM   #11
Tiffani Jameson
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2590
My ECCIE Reviews

My condolences to you, Bebe. I pray you find peace as well.
Tiffani Jameson is offline   Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:42 PM   #12
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

My condolences.

I obviously know nothing about the particulars, but depression (and probably chemical dependency) is horribly misunderstood by most people. They do and say the damnedest things and think that they are helping. If my experience with depression is any guide, I suspect your parents reaction was based more in ignorance than on indifference. That may not make it any easier to take, but it makes it easier to understand.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:30 AM   #13
Guest052912
Account Disabled

User ID: 40542
My ECCIE Reviews

I am so sorry for your loss, I know all to well what this kind of tragedy can do to a family. I have lost 2 family members in 3yrs due to drug overdose. My dad has been in the hospital every month since October clinging to life because of his addictions. I know your angry and you want somebody to blame but it is not your parents. I'm sure they did the best they could. What most people do not understand is you can not make somebody change unless they are ready. They have to hit their bottom before they can pull out of it. Sometimes it doesn't happen until it is too late. I really hope your heart finds peace to move on. Being angry is not going to bring your sister back. You need the comfort and love of your family, your nephew also needs to feel safe and love. You can't heal and move forward if your still looking back to all the what if's. I will pray for you, your family and your sister.
Guest052912 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:14 AM   #14
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Some things deserve to be said twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrina Monroe View Post
I am so sorry for your loss, I know all to well what this kind of tragedy can do to a family. I have lost 2 family members in 3yrs due to drug overdose. My dad has been in the hospital every month since October clinging to life because of his addictions. I know your angry and you want somebody to blame but it is not your parents. I'm sure they did the best they could. What most people do not understand is you can not make somebody change unless they are ready. They have to hit their bottom before they can pull out of it. Sometimes it doesn't happen until it is too late. I really hope your heart finds peace to move on. Being angry is not going to bring your sister back. You need the comfort and love of your family, your nephew also needs to feel safe and love. You can't heal and move forward if your still looking back to all the what if's. I will pray for you, your family and your sister.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:23 AM   #15
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences to you.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women