Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
test
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 389
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 262
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70697
biomed162442
Yssup Rider60287
gman4453223
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48409
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41359
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35764
Mojojo33117

Old 11-02-2011, 01:42 AM   #1
Adrielle
Account Disabled

User ID: 4449
My ECCIE Reviews
Default KU basketball has started!

Because of the dismal KU football season, I'm more then ready for college basketball to start. I was surprised when the Big 12 preseason rankings came out and KU was at the top, especially since we lost Selby and the Morris twins, plus two others to season long suspensions, but I'll take it. The team looked a bit rough with one hell of a funky line up without Robinson, Taylor and Johnson, but I see potential.
Adrielle is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Finally, a thread about something important! Go Hawks!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #3
ss4699
Ambassador

Encounters: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Finally, a thread about something important! Go Hawks!
Associated Press Top 251. North Carolina2. Kentucky3. Ohio State4. Connecticut5. Syracuse6. Duke7. Vanderbilt8. Florida9. Louisville10. Pittsburgh11. Memphis12. Baylor13. Kansas14. Xavier15. Wisconsin16. Arizona17. UCLA18. Michigan19. Alabama20. Texas A&M21. Cincinnati22. Marquette23. Gonzaga24. California25. Missouri

13 of 25 - hum - Queen loves the chiefs and COG loves a go hawk?
So COG what is a go hawk?
I think they beat USC a time or two but nothing amazing....and who is there coach? They lost 3 or 4 starters - Oh Gonzaga - the great and wonderful, amazing - remind me of the Wizard of Oz - that started in Ks right?
ss4699 is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
ss4699
Ambassador

What the experts say:
Quote:
The Kansas Jayhawks continue to operate as one of the premier programs in college basketball. Last year KU won the Big 12 regular-season title for the seventh straight season, won the conference tournament for the fifth time in the last six years and made it to within one win of the Final Four.
But if this team is going to have a down year, this might be it, as KU loses four starters and about three-quarters of its offensive production from last season.
The Jayhawks won their first 18 games last year, although they didn't exactly play a bruising non-conference schedule. Their only two regular-season losses came to Texas and at Kansas State.
Kansas won three games in the conference tournament to finish 17-2 in conference play, and then they rolled through its first three games in the NCAA tournament. But the 'Hawks then had one of those days when nothing goes right and they were upset by VCU as 11-point favorites in the regional finals.
We'd say that loss left a lousy taste in the Jayhawks' mouths over the offseason, but few of those mouths are still around. Kansas has to replace four starters this year, and a couple of bodies off the bench. And while KU rarely lacks for talent, the replacement process is bound to take a toll.

Kansas is ranked 13th in the preseason USA Today/ESPN poll.

2011-12 Kansas Jayhawks Outlook
The Jayhawks have lost six of their top eight scorers from last season, and the guys who'll return accounted for just 20 of KU's 81 PPG last year. Kansas is expecting big things from senior PG Tyshawn Taylor, who averaged nine PPG last season and led the team with 4.6 assists and 2.7 turnovers per game. And it's nice to have a point guard with 89 starts under his belt, so KU should be fine with the ball in Taylor's hands.
Junior F Thomas Robinson will go from being the sixth man last year to the key man down low this year. He averaged eight points and six boards per game last season, and that was in less than 15 minutes per game. As a starter, he could easily double both those figures.
But after those two, things are a bit “iffy.” The Jayhawks have a seven-footer in C Jeff Withey, but his experience is very limited. Junior guards Elijah Johnson and Travis Releford, both top-100 recruits out of high school, will be counted on to step in and step up. But freshman G Ben McLemore, who they figured might play himself into a starting spot, was declared academically ineligible for this season in October.
So Kansas is thin entering this season, and that could be a factor early on.

Additions/Losses

KU lost four starters and others who combined to score 61 PPG and grab 22 RPG last year. Twin forwards Markieff and Marcus Morris, who teamed up to average 31 PPG and 16 RPG last year, went 13th and 14th, respectively, in the NBA draft. G Josh Selby left after his freshman season and got drafted in the second round. And G Tyrel Reed is playing overseas.
As for incoming talent, as mentioned above, the 'Hawks will miss out on at least a couple of recruits who they thought would see playing time, only to be declared ineligible. Kansas will, however, finally get the services of junior F Kevin Young, who did some good things at Loyola Marymount before transferring to KU and sitting out last year.

2011-12 Kansas Jayhawks Basketball Schedule
The Jayhawks will play a fun non-conference schedule, with games against Kentucky, Georgetown, UCLA, Ohio State and USC, among others, to ready themselves for the Big 12 season. Now that the Big 12 is down to 10 teams, everybody plays everybody home and road, for an 18-game conference slate.
And KU gets a ton of national TV games, so bettors everywhere will have plenty of chances to see them live. The Jayhawks open Nov. 11 vs. Towson.

2011-12 College Basketball: Kansas Jayhawks Predictions and Preview

5Dimes is listing Kansas at plus-185 to win the Big 12 regular-season title again this year, behind only Baylor at plus-160—and the Jayhawks are getting plus-2,700 to win the National Championship. Big 12 coaches voted the Jayhawks as the co-favorites along with Texas A&M, to win the conference this season.
But this might be the year KU's title streak comes to an end. With four starters gone, there's just too much to replace without taking a hit in the W-L column. The Jayhawks should have little problem extending their run of 22-straight NCAA tournament appearances, but getting through to the Sweet 16 may be tough.
Also, early word is Kansas may have some trouble putting the ball in the hole, and might go to playing a good amount of zone on defense. So the “unders” might be the way to bet KU games this season, at least early on.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
Thequeen
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 32517
My ECCIE Reviews

I used to be a huge college basketball fan but I like NC Tar hills. I lived in MO at the time and this was when Vince Cater was there, I Switched to football and havent gotten back into it. But Ill cheer for KU now lol
Thequeen is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:50 AM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I like the Chiefs and the Hawks, but neither one as much as I like the Queen!

A "Go Hawk" is pubic hair trimmed to look like a "Mohawk".

I thought everyone knew that.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #7
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default GoHawk?

How did you do that without nicking your penis?
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #8
Adrielle
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I helped him, of course.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #9
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Now I need to make an honest woman out of you, Adrielle! Thanks!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #10
PowerMonkey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

KU is going to lose to K-state this year. EMAW!!
PowerMonkey is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:07 PM   #11
Grizzly
Account Disabled

Encounters: 21

Hope KU can dribble a basketball better and put it in the hoop better than they can pass or run a football and get into the endzone.

I am not sure how KU will do without their top 3 starters, only time will tell.
Grizzly is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #12
Adrielle
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerMonkey View Post
KU is going to lose to K-state this year. EMAW!!
Without Pullen? Doubt it. Although I do think K-State won't be half bad with MacGruder taking the reins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oenghus View Post
Hope KU can dribble a basketball better and put it in the hoop better than they can pass or run a football and get into the endzone.

I am not sure how KU will do without their top 3 starters, only time will tell.
Turner Gill, as sexy as hell as I think he is, was not a good hire after Mangino. I have given up hope that KU football will ever be halfway decent again. KU bball drops a game? It's okay, the football team lost 6 straight, mostly in blowouts. I can accept a basketball loss here or there. Except to K-State or Mizzou, that is.

I love football, but KU just has never done it for me. Chiefs all the way anyways.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:57 PM   #13
Grizzly
Account Disabled

Encounters: 21

For all of Mangino's fault he was a good coach in my opinion, ever since they sacked Coach Mangino KU's football team has sucked.

For some reason K-State has always been (as far as I can remember) been the powerhouse football team where KU has been the powerhouse bball team.

I have a feeling K-State will get their butts kicked by KU and with Mizzou leaving the conference we wont have to worry about them that much.

I love the Chiefs through the good and bad. The recent MNF game had me on the edge of my seat, awesome game.

Love the Avatar Adrielle very sexy lady, plus your pic on the bottom listing your website is a bit distracting as well.

Go JayHawks
Grizzly is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #14
ss4699
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thequeen View Post
I used to be a huge college basketball fan but I like NC Tar hills. I lived in MO at the time and this was when Vince Cater was there, I Switched to football and havent gotten back into it. But Ill cheer for KU now lol

NC has a coach whose coach was a local in Kansas as I remember! And NC is rated #1 this year!]

Missouri is 25 - but they are going away as I remember the news recently.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:34 AM   #15
Kaboom
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

This is how it'll end again.
Kaboom is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women