Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
test
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 396
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 278
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70764
biomed163071
Yssup Rider60691
gman4453282
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48612
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42401
CryptKicker37205
The_Waco_Kid36830
Mokoa36493
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 11-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
HauteCourtesan
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 42020
My ECCIE Reviews
Thumbs up HAUTE DAMN!! THEY FINALLY FIRED COACH WADE PHILLIPS!!

Please share your thoughts on this subject. How do you guys feel about Jason Garrett taking over coaching duties. I'm just excited that it's a tiny step in the right direction!!
HauteCourtesan is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:07 PM   #2
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

I think until Jerry Jones decides to be the owner only and not the GM this team will continue to go nowhere fast. Unless Jason Garrett decides to channel Jimmy Johnson and go hard-ass on this team (assuming Jerry will even allow that) he won't do any better.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:13 PM   #3
Guest082216-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Jason is different and but quite capable of doing even worse. They need to fire the GM. Until they do, we will have more seasons like this.
Guest082216-1 is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
Energizer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 33

Jason might bring a "different attitude", but not sure how much this will help the Team. I think the next Coach needs to be John Gruden. He is a firey guy and is not afraid to bench a player if needed.
Energizer is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
pmdelites
consulting for delites

Encounters: 124

i'm not much of a sports fan/follower, much less a cowboys fan/follower.
but i dont know jerry sticks his finger in where it might not belong.
when will he fire himself!!

p.s., have you seen him in the wingstop commercial where he tells troy during the discussion of who gets the last wing ... "well, wingstop is the official wing of cowboy stadium. therefore, that means wingstop is the official wing of ME. so i get it" [or something along those lines].

not "therefore, since i'm the chairman of the cowboys, i get it."

regardless, either statment seems highly egotistical to me.
either by design or for image/entertainment purposes. [i.e., is he really such an ass in his personal life??]

btw, are any of you providers going to offer wade a "going away" encounter freebie :^)
pmdelites is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #6
Int3rested
Valued Poster

Encounters: 51

Jon Gruden would work...experienced motivator that could work with JJ...
Int3rested is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #7
cookie man
Premium Access

Encounters: 13

There was too much talent on this team to suck the way they did. Bad play, bad decisions, bad coaching, and lack of character...QUITTERS! They quit playing, so I quit watching them. They will never get to the top echelon until Jerry Jones turns over control to a real football man. Good luck with that.

Wade Phillips is a good defensive coordinator, but not head coach material...just one of Jerry's boys. Thank goodness he was put out of his misery today.
cookie man is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #8
HauteCourtesan
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 42020
My ECCIE Reviews

Fabulous comments gentlemen!! I agree....Jon Gruden as head coach and absolutely someone other than Jerry as the GM!!!
HauteCourtesan is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #9
gman44

Encounters: 203

Well I agree that Wade Phillips was not disciplining the cowboys and that's what they needed. Jason Garrett I just heard is in from the news and he needs to get them really fired up every single game. He's got to step up to the challenge.
gman44 is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #10
dfwhd2
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 6

about time. Jason wont last.
dfwhd2 is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #11
MRMR
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

And what has the Offense done this year besides Suck!
Both Wade and Jason should go.
Still a 2 to 3 win team if that.
This team has rolled over.
MRMR is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #12
Candence
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

THAT BIT OF NEWS... JUST MADE MY DAY!!!!!

I am born and raised here in Big "D"... and so the Cowboys's have continued to embarrass me throughout this reign! Really, firing the coach is certainly a step in the right direction, and I agree with the general census here that the GM MUST BE FIRED, before any progress in the right direction is made.

If you think back... the last time the Cowboys were a winning team... was the Jimmy Johnson days... when really, the team was already built, so with a great coach, they did win 3 Superbowls! But once that existing team dwindled... they have not built a quality team with Jerry as the GM! Unfortunately, I am afraid that Jerry is too egotistical to EVER admit that he cannot effectively put together and maintain a team that exudes discipline, character, hard work and ultimately... flawless execution!
Candence is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:15 PM   #13
The_Waco_Kid
AKA Admiral Waco Kid

Encounters: 1

Garrett's just as big of an overpaid bum as Wade. I learned today that two of Garrett's brothers are position coaches on the staff. figures.
I really hope JJ doesn't think carrot-head can turn this thing around, does he? he may actually be crafty!?!?! and setting up carrot-head. if he doesn't improve the team in any way he'll get axed too. In fact any real head coach would insist on control of the staff probably meaning carrot-head's out. i hear Bill Cowher simply won't touch Dallas because of JJ even with complete control (Remember Bill had control yet JJ got TO probably against Bill's wishes) so that leaves Chuckie as the front-runner. it's not beyond possibility that Chuckie could pull a Tampa Bay. but i wouldn't bet on it.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:46 PM   #14
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

I suppose I am one of the few who has mixed emotions about Wade's firing. To me it was a classic example of Wade being used as a scapegoat! Granted, Wade lost control of the football team. Why, because the players have always known that Wade was not in charge. J.J.'s ego would not allow Wade to be in charge. He would not permit the Dallas Cowboys players to recognize the authority of Wade Phillips. J.J. set things up to get all of the credit if things went well and Wade would get all of the blame if things go south! J.J. has to have a scapegoat! This time it just happened to be Wade Phillips!

Therein lies the problem!

Wade is a good football coach and has had success wherever he has gone. He is not an elite coach in the Jimmy Johnson or Bill Parcell's mode but in my humble opinion, he is the 3rd best coach hired by the Cowboys since Tom Landry was inexplicably fired by J.J. The problem was not Wade Phillips, plain and simple! If J.J. inteded to correct the problem with the Cowboy's organization, he should have fired the General Manager, not the Head Coach! But his oversized ego would not allow him to do so!

What a pompous, egotistical ASS! Quite frankly, I know how to spell LOSER. It is spelled Jerry Jones, not Wade Phillips!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #15
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Red Jesus won't do a thing. He is not even a good coordinator.
pyramider is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women