Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > South Texas > The Sandbox-South Texas
test
The Sandbox-South Texas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70722
biomed162786
Yssup Rider60474
gman4453240
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48489
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41861
CryptKicker37190
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36245
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-09-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
Mcklipsch
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4
Default Anyone Else Going To Ted Nugent-Styx-REO Speedwagon @Concrete Street Sunday Night 5/13/2012

For any Old Fuckers like me that grew up on the Rock n' Roll Music of Ted Nugent, Styx & REO Speedwagon when they were a young pup. These three bands are playing together at Old Concrete Street Amphitheater Sunday Night May 13, 2012. I read on Concretestreet.net that Ted Nugent is the opening act, followed by Styx & REO Speedwagon. I have no idea how many original members of each band are still in their respective bands. I plan on going. Back in the late 70's/early 80's, I use to regularly attend Rock Concerts at the Old Memorial Coliseum. I saw all three of these Rock Bands & many other bands at the Old Memorial Coliseum.
Mcklipsch is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
Mr. Smith111
Account Disabled

Encounters: 51

The old coliseum used to get some good bands playing. I saw Judas Priest, Foghat, Nazereth, Aerosmith, Blue Oyster Cult, Sammy Hagar,Eddie Money, Heart, and a bunch of others I can't remember right now.It always seemed that I was in a "haze" at those events. LOL
I wont be making this one because I don't like crowds and loud noise anymore. I guess I am an old fucker now.
Mr. Smith111 is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #3
Mcklipsch
Valued Poster

I love many different Genres of Music-Classic Rock & Heavy Metal that I grew up on back in 70's & 80's, New Wave from the late 70's/early 80's, Country, Texas Country aka Red Dirt Americana, Jazz, Blues, Classical, Tejano/Norteno accordion based Mexicano Musica.

I like Concrete Street, it is an excellent outdoor Live Music Venue that I have been to many times. If I remember correctly, the Large Outdoor Venue when they use the Large Elevated Main Stage has a Capacity for 15,000 people. Concrete Street also has their Smaller Venue, the Metal Roof Covered Patio, I like their Smaller Venue also and have seen many bands perform at the Covered Patio Stage. Local Businessman Dusty Durrill owns both Concrete Street & Brewster Street Icehouse, another excellent Live Music Venue here in Corpus Christi. Another Live Music Venue that I like is the Executive Surf Club. But the Surf Club's outdoor patio is way too small. Brewster Street has taken away the vast majority of the Texas Country Bands that used to play at the Surf Club. Brewster Street is a much larger Live Music Venue.

Ear plugs can be your friend for Loud Music, if you are way too close to the stage/speakers. I don't like being very close to the stage/speakers any more. I don't like or want to experience Ringing in the Ears from being exposed to Very High Decibel Levels of Rock Music. The closer you are to the stage/speakers, your ears will be exposed to higher Decibel Levels of Loud Rock Music.

A dude I used to know back in the late 70's/early 80's. He used to take multiple spray cans of Liquid Wrench/Oil to Rock Concerts at the Coliseum. With his lighter, these spray cans of Liquid Wrench/Oil became his own Pyrotechnic Instant Flame Thrower Tribute to the Band playing. You didn't want to sit in front of Pibb at a Concert. You would have to dodge his Instant Flamethrower & you would also have oil residue land on you from the spray can of Liquid Wrench/Oil. It was a Miracle that no one ever got burned by his stupid stunts. When you're young, you tend to think you're ten foot tall & bullet proof. The old saying young, dumb & full of cum was very apropos to Pibb's Coliseum Flamethrower Stunts.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #4
dcarr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

I saw them last week here at state farm arena. Great show, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
dcarr is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
Mcklipsch
Valued Poster

State Farm Arena in Hidalgo, Texas? Back in 2010/2011 when I was going to Reynosa Boystown on a semi regular basis. I used to drive past the State Farm Arena going from McAllen to Hidalgo. I would park my truck in a Public Parking Lot in Hidalgo right at the Border, very close to a Whataburger. And walk across the bridge to Reynosa.

The Mexican Rock Band Mana is playing tonight at the American Bank Center. The last time Mana played in Corpus Christi at the American Bank Center, the show sold out. The Channel 3 6:00 PM News had a news report segment on the Mana concert tonight. They stated there was still Floor Seating available at $97 a ticket. I like Mana & have several of their Cds. But $97 is too Frickin' Much Dinero for me to shell out to see them. Mana's lead singer's voice to me sounds very similar to the English Musician Sting formerly of the late 70's/80's Rock/New Wave Band The Police.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
free4dave
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26

Damn, you guys are bringing back lots of memories at the coliseum, Corpus had some of the best bands come play there, Stone City Attractions used to bring in a lot of them, We used to sneak cherry vodka and smoke to our hearts content.....man those were the days I got my first bj in the parking lot while in high school after a Alice Cooper concert.
free4dave is offline   Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:22 PM   #7
Majestycctx
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 18308
My ECCIE Reviews

Tracy Lawrence is coming to Whiskey River on Friday I believe. Maybe its thursday.

I'm gonna ask him to Paint me a Birmingham! LOL!!

Tickets for his show at the Whiskey River is $75! Too bad I'm not going.

May 27 Eli Young Band is coming. Might go to that one.

May 13 Ted Nugent, Styx,etc.............I might go with my mom. Not sure.

BUT ONE THING FOR SURE IS JUNE 1!!!!!

SNOOP DOGG IS COMING TO CONCRETE STREET!!!!

WHO'S GOING TO SEE SNOOP DOGG?!!

ROLLIN DOWN THE STREET SMOKIN SMOKIN

SIPPIN ON GIN & JUICE.........LAID BACK!

WITH MY MIND ON MY MONEY AND MY MONEY ON MY MIND! LOL!!!
Majestycctx is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #8
Mr. Smith111
Account Disabled

Encounters: 51

I wonder how many of us future mongers were at those same concerts back then?
Majesty, most of us probably don't appreciate Snoop Dog as much as your generation does, so I doubt if you see many of us at that one.
Mr. Smith111 is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:31 AM   #9
Guest032716
Account Disabled

Encounters: 65

I'm with Smitty on Snoop Dog - not my cup tea!
Guest032716 is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #10
Mcklipsch
Valued Poster

Calvin Broadus Jr. aka Snoop Doggy Dogg, later dropping Doggy & becoming just Snoop Dogg. Calvin/Snoop's Mom gave him the nickname Snoop when he was a kid because she thought he looked like the Peanuts Cartoon Character Snoopy. I used to watch some of the episodes of Snoop's Reality Show, he is actually a Married Family Man with three kids. He has been married since 1997. Snoop is like Willie Nelson, they both like their Weed. Rap/Hip Hop & Snoop Dogg's music just really ain't my cup of tea.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #11
El Guapo77
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

REO Speedwagon does bring back some nostalgic memories for me. Remember making a mix cassete with Keep on Loving You and Can't Fight This Feeling songs included to my first girlfriend...sigh... Then remember listening to "Take it on the Run" and "Time for me to Fly" nonstop when I found out whe was cheating on me..the evil wench. Roll With the Changes was also a good song to listen to after a breakup. Air Supply is playing here at the McAllen Civic Center this Sunday. Wasn't into that group too much but they do remind me that there were lots of goog love songs back in the days. Young kids today have never heard a good love song in their life.. just Snoop Dogg, Lil Wayne, Lady Gaga, PitBull.. you get the idea..
El Guapo77 is offline   Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #12
free4dave
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26

I remember one time Journey head lined and AC/DC was a the second band that played, when AC/DC got finished we went wild wanting a encore, Journey came out and when they were done, everyone chanted AC/DC, until one of the promoters came out and told us AC/DC would be back, and they did a short time later, I never missed a concert from 1975 until 1985 at the coliseum provided it was a rock band, Best part was I always got in good with my girlfriends mom and they trusted me to take care of them and watch over them, she would get her friends to spend the night and I would always take her and 3 of her friends with me, we would party hard during the concert, man what a feeling to have 4 buzzed good looking chics with me for the evening, felt like a million bucks....then the beach the next day to do it all over again....
free4dave is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #13
capitan1962
Premium Access

Encounters: 157

I would most definitely be at that concert if I was home but I doubt any of them will be coming to Africa. When I get home somebody like Devo or The Cornhole Cowboys will be the only thing in town.
capitan1962 is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #14
Mcklipsch
Valued Poster

Hey Captain, I happen to like Devo & would go see them, some of their good songs-Girl U Want, Whip It & their cover of the Rolling Stones song I Can't Get No Satisfaction.

Isn't our old Mexico Mongering Buddy Kosher Cowboy the lead singer for the Cornhole Cowboys-their big hit was Squeal Like Ned Beatty For Me-Sooie-The Deliverance Song.

I've been drinkin' a few Tecate/lime/salt cervezas watching the NBA Playoffs-Memphis Grizzlies vs Los Angeles Clippers in Game 6. The Clippers are up 3 games to 2 games. The Grizzlies have to win tonight to take it to Game 7. The winner of this Series plays mi favorito team the San Antonio Spurs.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:41 AM   #15
capitan1962
Premium Access

Encounters: 157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcklipsch View Post
Hey Captain, I happen to like Devo & would go see them, some of their good songs-Girl U Want, Whip It & their cover of the Rolling Stones song I Can't Get No Satisfaction.

Isn't our old Mexico Mongering Buddy Kosher Cowboy the lead singer for the Cornhole Cowboys-their big hit was Squeal Like Ned Beatty For Me-Sooie-The Deliverance Song.

I've been drinkin' a few Tecate/lime/salt cervezas watching the NBA Playoffs-Memphis Grizzlies vs Los Angeles Clippers in Game 6. The Clippers are up 3 games to 2 games. The Grizzlies have to win tonight to take it to Game 7. The winner of this Series plays mi favorito team the San Antonio Spurs.
Yea Devo would be a step up compared to what usually comes around when I get a chance. When I get off I'm going to Costa Rica anyway. I doubt there will be any concerts there (even though Iron Maiden played there on the Flight 666 tour) but I will be able to keep myself occupied there I am sure.
capitan1962 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women