Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
test
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 391
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 274
George Spelvin 264
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70708
biomed162527
Yssup Rider60367
gman4453224
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48437
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41515
CryptKicker37179
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35880
Mojojo33117

Old 09-25-2012, 03:47 PM   #1
timpage
Account Disabled

Default So, how come Romney doesn't talk about his religion?

Governor Romney is, by all accounts, a devout Mormon. Religion always plays well with the repukes, they love fairy tales ("Cutting taxes increases revenue, Every Time!"). So, why isn't he playing it up?

Maybe it's because Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, had 87 wives? In 1830.

Brigham Young, the second prophet of the religion, had 70 wives?

Mormons were slave-owners and didn't renounce slavery until 1890? They got around to deciding, via revelation, that black people were the equal of whites in 1978. When Romney was 31 years old.

The 1857 Mountain Meadows massacre? Where Mormons murdered 120 men, women and children?

More Mormon weirdness later. You think he'll start stumping on his Mormon background anytime soon?
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #2
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Wouldn't bet on it. In fact, the Religious White has already told him to STFU and maybe the rest of America wouldn't find out that he wears magic underwear.

Romney is the biggest fraud perpetrated against the American people since Evel Kneivel tried to jump Snake River Canyon.

Deny it, neocons. I dare ya! (Deny it without using the words Kenya, Communist or Muslim)
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Why isn't Odumbo talking about his religion? Odumbo claims he's a Christian and a constitutional scholar, but he cannot properly read the preamble to the Declaration of Independence without omitting the word "Creator".

Why doesn't Odumbo play up his semi-irregular church attendance during his twenty year membership in the racist Reverend Jeremiah Wright's church? Afterall, Odumbo's 2006 memoir, The Audacity of Hope, was inspired by one of Wright's sermons!?!

Go ahead, try to make church membership an issue!
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
Governor Romney is, by all accounts, a devout Mormon. Religion always plays well with the repukes, they love fairy tales ("Cutting taxes increases revenue, Every Time!"). So, why isn't he playing it up?

Maybe it's because Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism, had 87 wives? In 1830.

Brigham Young, the second prophet of the religion, had 70 wives?

Mormons were slave-owners and didn't renounce slavery until 1890? They got around to deciding, via revelation, that black people were the equal of whites in 1978. When Romney was 31 years old.

The 1857 Mountain Meadows massacre? Where Mormons murdered 120 men, women and children?

More Mormon weirdness later. You think he'll start stumping on his Mormon background anytime soon?
Your post is just plain stupid. You ought to be ashamed.

After all, isn't NOT talking about religion and leaving it out of the public square exactly what the left constantly clamors for? You finally get your wish and now you're upset that the Republican doesn't talk about his religion.

You spew a list of bad or strange things about the Mormons and imagine that Romney is somehow on the hook for explaining or apologizing for it.

You could just as easily have spewed a list of bad or strange things about Christianity and demanded that Obama explain all of it. But you didn't, did you?

Your post was nothing but low-rent religious bigotry. And, being a typical "progressive", you probably fashion yourself as open-minded and tolerant, too. Self-examination is probably not something you engage in.

BTW, I'm not religious. I'm borderline atheist.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

What does his religion have to do with turning this nation around and getting it on an economic course that will stop the downward s0piral that Odumbo has us own.
Do you want him to talk about his church like Obma talks about the Islamic faith.
I would get tired of hearing about it.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

John F Kennedy was a Catholic, and it is difficult to find a more corrupt organization throughout it's history than the Cathlic Church.

He was elected despite this.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #7
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post

BTW, I'm not religious. I'm borderline atheist.
There is a word for that. We atheist do not want to be confused with you folks that can't seem to make up your mind.

agnostic
  1. One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.
  2. One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.
One who is doubtful or noncommittal about something.

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/agnostic#ixzz27X1Ad28e
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Man has created God in his own image.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #9
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Romney is the biggest fraud perpetrated against the American people since Evel Kneivel tried to jump Snake River Canyon.
Omoh Rider is close to having another Mamboolah breakdown.

gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #10
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Well Obama doesn't really talk about his Muslim background much either. Muslims have a weird history as well. Quit pointing the finger at a single candidate. Neither one is a prize. We've seen that for sure in the past four years with Obama. We'll see incompetancy, dishonesty and greed for the next four years regardless of who wins.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #11
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

A kind of bigoted remark. There is no reason for anyone to be bringing up religion but since Reid (democrat) did then open the door on our black muslim president. Hey, if you can't believe Madonna then who can you trust.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #12
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Why isn't Odumbo talking about his religion? Odumbo claims he's a Christian and a constitutional scholar, but he cannot properly read the preamble to the Declaration of Independence without omitting the word "Creator".

Why doesn't Odumbo play up his semi-irregular church attendance during his twenty year membership in the racist Reverend Jeremiah Wright's church? Afterall, Odumbo's 2006 memoir, The Audacity of Hope, was inspired by one of Wright's sermons!?!

Go ahead, try to make church membership an issue!
Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor of twenty years, told Shawn Hannity that his religion is based on the teachings of James Cone. Here are some quotes from Cone.

"Insofar as this country is seeking to make whiteness the dominating power throughout the world, whiteness is the symbol of the antichrist. Whiteness characterizes the activity of deranged individuals intrigued by their own image of themselves and thus unable to see that they are what is wrong with the world. Black theology seeks to analyze the satanic nature of whiteness and by doing so, prepare all nonwhites for revolutionary action."

[I]"What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of Black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love." -- James Cone, A Black Theology of Liberation
“This country was founded for whites and everything that has happened in it has emerged from the white perspective. What we need is the destruction of whiteness, which is the source of human misery in the world.” -- James Cone

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/i...asp?indid=2315

Here's Wright talking about James Cone on Shawn Hannity's show four years ago. The first reference to Cone is at 2:19.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNTGRL0OJWQ
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #13
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe bloe View Post
Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor of twenty years, told Shawn Hannity that his religion is based on the teachings of James Cone. Here are some quotes from Cone.

"Insofar as this country is seeking to make whiteness the dominating power throughout the world, whiteness is the symbol of the antichrist. Whiteness characterizes the activity of deranged individuals intrigued by their own image of themselves and thus unable to see that they are what is wrong with the world. Black theology seeks to analyze the satanic nature of whiteness and by doing so, prepare all nonwhites for revolutionary action."

[I]"What we need is the divine love as expressed in Black Power, which is the power of Black people to destroy their oppressors here and now by any means at their disposal. Unless God is participating in this holy activity, we must reject his love." -- James Cone, A Black Theology of Liberation
“This country was founded for whites and everything that has happened in it has emerged from the white perspective. What we need is the destruction of whiteness, which is the source of human misery in the world.” -- James Cone

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/i...asp?indid=2315

Here's Wright talking about James Cone on Shawn Hannity's show four years ago. The first reference to Cone is at 2:19.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNTGRL0OJWQ
No doubt about it, Jeremiah Wright is a racist, anti-American. That Odumbo could sit in his congregation for twenty years and then claim that he never heard Wright preach black liberation theology is bogus BS. Only Dim-wits like those who defend Odumbo in this forum are ignorant enough to believe that BS.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:56 PM   #14
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
John F Kennedy was a Catholic, and it is difficult to find a more corrupt organization throughout it's history than the Cathlic Church.

He was elected despite this.
All organizations are corrupt to some extent. You just have to confront the individual. Just because Kennedy was Catholic didn't make him corrupt. In fact Kennedy was less corrupt than the Government he served. Our Government has become more and more corrupt since Kennedy's assasination.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:09 AM   #15
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Yeah I would loe to hear about his 20 years in Rev. Wright's church.
Maybe during the debates they can talk religion and discuss the origins of both.
I am very interested in the Marxist beliefs of the founder of Obama's church.
I would also like to know more about the polygamy aspect that John Smith brought to the TCOJCOLDS.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women