Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > Coed Discussions
test
Coed Discussions Hobby-related discussions belong here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 395
Harley Diablo 377
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 277
George Spelvin 265
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70752
biomed162886
Yssup Rider60560
gman4453255
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48528
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino42082
CryptKicker37192
Mokoa36491
The_Waco_Kid36435
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 05-06-2016, 10:05 AM   #1
lawyerinjeans
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21
Default LAW, PROVIDERS AND CELL PHONES

Okay, some of my provider-clients probably aren't going to particularly like me giving away free advice, but some legal issues are too important for there to be a misunderstanding of certain legal rights. In this case, what if a provider (or client for that matter) gets busted and their cell phone is confiscated by LE? Can LE access the information on the cell phone for evidence of other crimes, or otherwise use the information against the provider/client in some manner. The answer is NO. While a search incidental to an arrest is legal, such search is for the limited purpose of LE security and the preservation of evidence. There was a somewhat recent U.S. Supreme Court case titled Riley v. California. Here is a synopsis of the case.

Issue: Was the evidence admitted at trial from Riley's cell phone discovered through a search that violated his Fourth Amendment right to be free from unreasonable searches?

Decision: Yes. The Court held that the warrantless search exception following an arrest exists for the purposes of protecting officer safety and preserving evidence, neither of which is at issue in the search of digital data. The digital data cannot be used as a weapon to harm an arresting officer, and police officers have the ability to preserve evidence while awaiting a warrant by disconnecting the phone from the network and placing the phone in a "Faraday bag." The Court characterized cell phones as minicomputers filled with massive amounts of private information, which distinguished them from the traditional items that can be seized from an arrestee's person, such as a wallet. The Court also held that information accessible via the phone but stored using "cloud computing" is not even "on the arrestee's person." Nonetheless, the Court held that some warrantless searches of cell phones might be permitted in an emergency: when the government's interests are so compelling that a search would be reasonable.

The Riley case involved a gang member that was tied to a murder because of the info LE found on his phone. So this very strong law. LE can take your cell phone, but they can't access the info on it without a search warrant, and should return it to you along with your personal items at the proper time. This is true even if your phone isn't locked, but, of course, you should keep your phone locked anyway. And, it should go without saying, do not answer any questions about the phone other than to identify it as your personal phone/computer.

Hope this clears up any misperceptions about the law.
lawyerinjeans is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:32 AM   #2
Starry69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Nice. Thank you.
Starry69 is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:56 AM   #3
@rlo726
Premium Access

Encounters: 47
Default Thanks LIJ...

My check is in the mail...
@rlo726 is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:08 PM   #4
FrankieP
Valued Poster

Encounters: 53

What's your favorite brand of scotch? Feel like we owe you a bottle.
FrankieP is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:35 PM   #5
Lena Duvall
Account Disabled

User ID: 244249
My ECCIE Reviews
Thumbs up

Whoa, thanks for sharing. I just googled Riley v. California and read up a little more about some of the cases. It's alleviating knowing that these protections exists. Yay, civil liberties!
Lena Duvall is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 05:34 PM   #6
Unique_Carpenter
Chasing a Cowgirl

Encounters: 89

Also discussed on the National Boards Forum; A Question of Legality:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1095798
Unique_Carpenter is offline   Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:50 PM   #7
Danson&Highsmith
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Thanks. A bottle of scotch is about the best we can do as I'm sure the retainer is too much. I would be interested in a business card for emergencies. PM me sir.
Danson&Highsmith is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women